Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-428.html)

how about the forum gives an extra option of using alternative nicknames whilst the handle or username remains the same? just a thought :)

I have noticed something very fishy. Multiple similar usernames online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4314491)
I have noticed something very fishy. Multiple similar usernames online.

Bots trying to register & spam our forum. They'll never get through the approval process :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 4307220)
From yesterday, i quite often see the backend fetch failed error and post which the site itself is very slow, be it the loading time or submitting replies.

I keep getting this error intermittently from yesterday. Any issues on the servers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4317127)
I keep getting this error intermittently from yesterday. Any issues on the servers?

Yes even I faced the same issue from yesterday evening. Is there some kind of maintenance happening?

There is something wrong with the attachments part. I cannot insert inline attachments, I get a blank tag whenever I select a photo to insert inline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 4318464)
There is something wrong with the attachments part. I cannot insert inline attachments, I get a blank tag whenever I select a photo to insert inline.

I inserted inline attachments this morning. I didn't face any issue at that time.

This is something I'd like, but I don't expect to see, as I doubt that it is part of VBuletin. I saw it somewhere, on some forum and thought, "What a brilliant idea!" What? A split quote button. It inserts [/quote][quote]

[quote]This is something I'd like, but I don't expect to see, as I doubt that it is part of VBuletin. I saw it somewhere, on some forum and thought,
[/quote]
... ... ... Write stuff here ... ... ...
[quote]
"What a brilliant idea!" What? [/quote]

Quote:

This is something I'd like, but I don't expect to see, as I doubt that it is part of VBuletin. I saw it somewhere, on some forum and thought, ]
Write stuff here
Quote:

"What a brilliant idea!" What?
ok, ok, it is for forum nerds like me!:D It's hard enough getting a lot of people to use the quote button properly

Will reply to the others soon, but just wanted to address this :

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 4318464)

Seems to be a bug a few people are facing:

Inserting single attachment in-line results in: [ATTACH][/ATTACH]

While "Insert All" results in: [ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]

Quick fix:

Clear your browser cache.

Note: No need to clear cookies, or any other information.

(Let me know in case it still persists)

Will have the bug fixed soon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4318769)

Quick fix:

Clear your browser cache.

(Let me know in case it still persists)

Will have the bug fixed soon...

posting from an incognito window, testing

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-test.jpg

wow it worked! thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4317127)

Seeing the same issue again today.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-353aaff7c3634b339d06c7be4dc7e67d.jpeg

Strange that the site
works properly in my mobile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4318611)
This is something I'd like, but I don't expect to see, as I doubt that it is part of VBuletin. I saw it somewhere, on some forum and thought, "What a brilliant idea!" What? A split quote button. It inserts

... ... ... Write stuff here ... ... ...

Write stuff here

ok, ok, it is for forum nerds like me!:D It's hard enough getting a lot of people to use the quote button properly[/quote]

I have done this in some of my responses, but I use a roundabout method to do so. I copy the "[QUOTE..." portion, then copy whichever portion of the original post I want to quote and paste it, then copy the [/quote]" portion and paste it at the end of the snippet, and then rinse ands repeat for other portions of the same post. Tedious, but works.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt (Post 4318966)
I have done this in some of my responses, but I use a roundabout method to do so. I copy the "[QUOTE..." portion, then copy whichever portion of the original post I want to quote and paste it, then copy the

" portion and paste it at the end of the snippet, and then rinse ands repeat for other portions of the same post. Tedious, but works.
[/quote]

I just type in the quote tags. Yes, a little tedious, and yes it does work. Just... split quote is such a neat idea!

(epic fail in your quote editing there by the way! rl: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4319382)
*SNIP*

I just type in the quote tags. Yes, a little tedious, and yes it does work. Just... split quote is such a neat idea!

(epic fail in your quote editing there by the way! rl: )

Heheheheh, yes :) And yes, split quote would indeed be a great idea to reduce this tedium and involuntary epic fails!

I have another suggestion for the forum:

Considering the number of people here who do road-trips all over India, would it be possible for all of us to identify (on Google Maps) locations where there are decent and clean toilets, trusted fuel stations, decent places to stay en-route including safe car-parking facilities, restaurants, etc.?

If such info could be collected on a crowd-sourced basis, someone qualified could create custom POIs for Google Maps and let members here download those for use with their google maps app.

We have the means, do we have the expertise and the inclination to create this?

Thanks and cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt (Post 4319542)
Considering the number of people here who do road-trips all over India, would it be possible for all of us to identify (on Google Maps) locations where there are decent and clean toilets, trusted fuel stations, decent places to stay en-route including safe car-parking facilities, restaurants, etc.?

If such info could be collected on a crowd-sourced basis, someone qualified could create custom POIs for Google Maps and let members here download those for use with their google maps app.

We have the means, do we have the expertise and the inclination to create this?

Great idea. First thing is to persuade the authors to do this, so perhaps you should post it in an open-to-all thread.