Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 16:55   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Manasvi, i assume you are using IE.
Go to tools->internet options->privacy
Pull down the bar to atleast "Medium".
Looks like your security level is right now either "Medium High" or above.

That should solve the problem.
Hope its addressed to me.

Thanks DCE and my privacy setting is in Medium. Its not bothering me when i get into some other sites like hotmail or amazon..etc. Thought i will keep you guys posted, if it is a common problem.

I pronounce my Id as man's idea.
Old 7th June 2007, 22:13   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Hope its addressed to me.

Thanks DCE and my privacy setting is in Medium. Its not bothering me when i get into some other sites like hotmail or amazon..etc. Thought i will keep you guys posted, if it is a common problem.

I pronounce my Id as man's idea.
Rather than changing your default security settings to medium I would suggest using Restore Default Security Settings unless you have made super tweaks to security settings.
Old 8th June 2007, 01:45   #663
Senior - BHPian

man's idea, it happens to me too if i constantly switch between different sites where i have to log in. i believe it is for security purposes, better to leave it like that. However keep the auto complete on so that you don't have to enter your login details over & over again.
cheers
Old 13th June 2007, 16:27   #664
Senior - BHPian

Guys, may i suggest that when a member gets banned either temporarily or permanently, the reason for it, be made visible to all other members, so that all are aware of the act that has resulted in the ban and members also know that what they should not indulge in to get into such a situation. This could act like a deterrent for prospective truant members. Views please?

Last edited by V-16 : 13th June 2007 at 16:28.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:31   #665
BHPian

Howcome " Infractions" option is not available on all members. Is it being implemented in a phased manner.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:49   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Howcome " Infractions" option is not available on all members. Is it being implemented in a phased manner.
LOL wolf, infractions will be visible only if you get one!
So members who do not have any infractions don't have any showing.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:51   #667
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, may i suggest that when a member gets banned either temporarily or permanently, the reason for it, be made visible to all other members, so that all are aware of the act that has resulted in the ban and members also know that what they should not indulge in to get into such a situation. This could act like a deterrent for prospective truant members. Views please?
V16, We are currently discussing this within the Team-BHP Support and with the D-BHPians. Will update once we have arrived at a decision.

Quote:
LOL Wolfinstein, Please see the annoucements section for a detailed understanding of the infraction system.
Old 14th June 2007, 02:26   #668
Senior - BHPian

Just been through some Toyota forums,there the Sticky threads as we call them here are called Parked threads,something more in line with automobiles.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:18   #669
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just been through some Toyota forums,there the Sticky threads as we call them here are called Parked threads,something more in line with automobiles.
NEAT!! Added to the to-do list. If there arent too many phrases to modify, will have it done this weekend.

Thanks man.
Old 16th June 2007, 14:12   #670
BHPian

Sorry Mods if this has been suggested before, but after going through this thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-thread-4.html) and checking out the groovy pix by the stalwarts Rudra and Samurai I needed to ask. Could we have a Calendar made for the year 2008 with these lovely pictures printed on them, of course with their permission.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:06   #671
BHPian

Was also wondering if we could sell these (the calendars that were proposed in the earlier post) amongst our members, their contacts etc.

With the proceeds (this again with Rudra, Samurai and other contributors permission of course) print neat handbills on traffic safety and distribute the same through the Traffic police department at Traffic lights, probably alongwith chocolates or something similar.

By this we get to reach out to the motorists on the road. We have all been talking about educating them right? So why not give it a start?

Might sound stupid and impossible to do, but if you give it a thought, with the strength of this Forum, I am confident we can bring about a change for the good.

Last edited by suren181 : 16th June 2007 at 15:08.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:18   #672
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
As committed, this has been done. Sticky = Parked.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 18th June 2007, 11:27   #673
Senior - BHPian

Mods, will be great if a thread intiator can be allowed to change the thread title.
Will be useful for 'What Car/Tyre/ICE?' threads where the user can change the title to 'Now bought' after the purchase.
Old 18th June 2007, 15:13   #674
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi finneyp,

Though that would make some tasks simpler, it would complicate others. We'd rather not have this. If you would like to request a change, just use the "Report this post to a moderator" linky and one of us will do the needful.
Old 22nd June 2007, 00:05   #675
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Could we have a search function to list members by the cars they own? Will help owners exchange details or get in touch with each other better. For eg I am doing a survey on some baleno features and would like to get in touch with all the baleno owners in the forum. At the moment I am clueless how to go about it.

For eg in the advanced members search list if we could have an option for cars owned like occupation, interests etc would really help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks