Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:43   #6736
BHPian

Re: The Commitment to maintain Team-BHPs QUALITY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post

But all posts of mine get double spacing automatically even though I only leave one. And its only visible after I post. Can anyone help me with whats happening and how to avoid it?

Edit: Happened to this post as well.
I also face this issue in my Mozilla Firefox web browser. Way around is that I always click Preview Post button first which tells me that there are double spaces. Then I rectify the lines which fixes this double spacing /double enter character issue in paragraphs.
Motor_Nut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 10:24   #6737
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I have two suggestions:

One:
The TeamBHP thread on "how to sell your car" has a lot of information, but I believe it needs to be updated with Fastag information, considering how it is now mandatory to have Fastag.

I had posted questions here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4627352 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

These are what need updating in the advice post.

Two:
The search function does not like words with three letters or fewer (could be two letters or fewer). Just now I searched for "How to sell your car" to look for that thread, and I got a message saying "to" only has two letters and therefore it cannot search for the thread.

Is this a configurable setting; and if it is, could you just not set it to anything? Or, if that were not possible, then could you at least ignore the two letter word and search for the other words mentioned in the search term? Thank you.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20190726-10.22.05-am.png  

Last edited by tilt : 26th July 2019 at 10:28. Reason: Added the second suggestion because I shouldn't have two consecutive posts.
Old 26th July 2019, 11:56   #6738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
The search function does not like words with three letters or fewer (could be two letters or fewer). Just now I searched for "How to sell your car" to look for that thread, and I got a message saying "to" only has two letters and therefore it cannot search for the thread.

Cheers
Probably the entire search sentence could be closed in quotes as is generally done for exact matches. However, such a search returns a database error.
Old 26th July 2019, 14:05   #6739
Distinguished - BHPian

It is indeed strange not to be able to search for something like TD TSI.

Anyway, unless needing to use some forum-function-specific thing like showing only thread titles, I almost never use any forum's own search. Google with "site:Team-BHP.com" Google is going to beat everyone on search technology.
Old 26th July 2019, 14:41   #6740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Google with "site:Team-BHP.com" Google is going to beat everyone on search technology.
While I do use Google to search, it does not help when one wants to search, say, within a thread in the forum.
Old 5th August 2019, 17:19   #6741
Senior - BHPian

I think there is a flaw in our Poll system. At logout state anyone can see the actual Poll result and could be easily influenced.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-poll.png

The Poll results should be displayed to the guests (or at logout state) only after the closure of the same.

Cheers!
Old 14th August 2019, 16:40   #6742
Distinguished - BHPian

Too many folks seem to be making road route queries for the coming long weekend especially in the South. Maybe Team BHP should put out a cautionary on those threads that given the floods and the risk of more heavy rainfall and the broken roads caution and wisdom must be exercised driving to places or through places recently affected.
Old 22nd August 2019, 16:45   #6743
BHPian

YouTube links on the Bad Drivers thread don't seem to be working properly i.e videos other than the ones that have been posted are shown.

paragsachania's post included a video of an accident, but some other video can be seen here:Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20190822163840_chrome.png

india008's post contained dashcam footage from his car, but the accident video mentioned above is being shown instead:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20190822163849_chrome.png
Old 27th August 2019, 16:52   #6744
BHPian

Is it possible to include a functionality wherein one can tag a person, something like @handle, which can be used to notify a person about their being tagged? It would greatly help mobile users to tag a person as against the process of picking a post, editing it (extremely cumbersome) and quoting them. Yes, I do understand that using a desktop gives the best experience on a forum, but then, there are many uses who use a mobile phone as well.
Old 5th September 2019, 12:19   #6745
BHPian

How about some "live to ride" or any other 2-wheeler appropriate stickers for those of us not driving cars?
Old 5th September 2019, 12:24   #6746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
How about some "live to ride" or any other 2-wheeler appropriate stickers for those of us not driving cars?
I had been thinking of this for a while. Yes, why not?

While on stickers, why not have mirror image stickers that could be stuck on, say, the front fender or windscreen so that one can spot a fellow bhpian on their RVM?
Old 13th September 2019, 17:45   #6747
BHPian

I'm sure many of you would've thought about this at some point and I'm not sure if it has already been requested. What I would like to have is a 'Like' option similar to 'Thanks'. I see many posts which I like here but I'm unable to express it as there is no such option other than to quote the post and say I like it which kind of feels weird for me.

And +1 to the suggestion for 'Live to Ride' stickers for 2 wheeler.
Old 16th September 2019, 22:37   #6748
BANNED

As soon as someone quotes me, I get a PM saying "you've been quoted", and sometimes I look, and there's nothing there.
This happens when a new member quotes me, and his/her post is yet to be approved?
Cant this PM be deferred until the post is approved?
Old 21st September 2019, 17:19   #6749
Senior - BHPian

Clicked on the "Sell your car" button on the home page. It took me to CARS24 website https://www.cars24.com/mkt-lp/carcul...mpaign=desktop

Is it designed that way? Was expecting it to take me to our own Team-bhp classifieds.
Old 21st September 2019, 18:49   #6750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Clicked on the "Sell your car" button on the home page. It took me to CARS24 website https://www.cars24.com/mkt-lp/carcul...mpaign=desktop
Given that UTM parameters are involved, I'm guessing Team-BHP is generating leads for Cars24 (and getting paid for these leads?)

Same for the next two links - "Spare Parts" (oriparts.com) and "Car Insurance" (coverfox.com).

Most Viewed