Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 10:34   #6886
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
There are some threads on evergreen topics which are very active and get new pages every now and then. Whenever I want to check the new posts I have to click on the thread name (getting there is another journey) which takes me to the first page, then I go to the last page and click on previous button multiple times till I reach the page where I left. Topics like pics of accident and official reviews are some where this problem is evident.

It would be a lot convenient if all the previously viewed threads opened from the last post seen.*SNIP*
E... there's a way already to do this. When you see the list of threads, just before the title of each thread you'll see a small Red square with a White downward-pointing triangle. This is the icon to go to the first unread post in that thread.

Just click on that icon instead of the thread title, and et voila, you got your first wish, master. Only two left - use them wisely.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 10:53   #6887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
It would be a lot convenient if all the previously viewed threads opened from the last post seen.
One method has been described by tilt.

In case you are using the "BHP Smartphone skin style" on your mobile, at the right side of every thread title there will be two options - "Unread" or "Last Page".

Just click on Unread and it will take you to the post where you left it from.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200731104607.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
When you see the list of threads, just before the title of each thread you'll see a small Red square with a White downward-pointing triangle. This is the icon to go to the first unread post in that thread.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 11:02   #6888
BHPian

Can we have BABY ON BOARD suction placard for cars with a T-BHP twist on it?
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 11:24   #6889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is the last step that Team-BHP should adopt if that stage ever arrives. Better shut shop than have the SMS slang come into posts.

With "google prediction" and "voice typing" features on one end that makes typing easy, why still look for shortcuts (SMS language)?! Suggest you to try voice typing instead, will not make you think about SMS language and once done, proofread it twice so no errors are there and then submit. Should help you with no more edits of posts from the MODS and also shall help the MODS as one less reported post.
Absolutely spot on, though sms lanuage does slip in sometimes, I find it absolutely disgusting that sometimes even in official mails, senders fail to identify the difference between 'your' and 'you are'. Not a grammar Nazi, but the language has to be respected at any costs.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st July 2020 at 12:01. Reason: teh = the.
Marshall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 12:43   #6890
BHPian

Re: The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Will also bring up the idea to the team of creating a compilation thread with all of them combined, including the smaller ones like BA/HAC etc.
Since you are thinking of creating a new thread it'd be great if you could add a post explaining things like crumple zones, structural integrity (and how it is affected by platform used or sheet metal quality) etc.
Several members have misconceptions on these topics and creating such a thread could be very helpful for members and guests alike.
PetrolheadRup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 21:53   #6891
BHPian

If it suits the Mods, can we change the text on the Tab to something more neutral like "Redlining the Automotive Scene" or "Definitive Indian Car Community" on the homepage too?

IMHO, claiming to be India's best has become very cliched in today's time of boastful ads and somehow doesn't sync up with Team-BHP repertoire.

Name:  Screenshot 20200805 at 9.49.19 PM.png
Views: 439
Size:  94.9 KB
sharktale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 11:36   #6892
BHPian

Who is up for a Mobile application of Team-BHP. A very intuitive and pleasantly designed app like the website. I feel like accessing the website is quite a bit of time taking. An app instead, would be amazing.
Everyone's take on this would really help.
Thanks & Regards,
chiefpk.
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:31   #6893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Who is up for a Mobile application of Team-BHP.
Not sure if an App development will happen anytime soon. From the time the App support was stopped and the launch of 'BHP Smartphone' skin for Chrome browser, it has become much better and easier to read and reply.

I've never felt the need for an App again.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 13:07   #6894
BHPian

Quote:
Who is up for a Mobile application of Team-BHP. A very intuitive and pleasantly designed app like the website. I feel like accessing the website is quite a bit of time taking. An app instead, would be amazing.
Everyone's take on this would really help.
Thanks & Regards,
chiefpk.
I feel that a responsive and intuitive mobile website would be much more used and be sustainable and cost-effective to maintain. With the huge field of mobile devices, creating and maintaining an app is a big task and installing and updating it is one more hoop for users to jump through. A platform agnostic, solid mobile website would work for everyone.
Anjadekar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 08:51   #6895
Distinguished - BHPian

I just realized I am not subscribed to threads that were started by me. So if I have to add a post to one my own threads, I have to search for that particular thread and then go about it.

Wouldn't the more obvious aspect be that such threads, by default, come in my "User CP" list?

P.s. Not really an issue of any sorts, but this seems like a fundamental forum design decision (/miss) hence the question.

Quote:
Who is up for a Mobile application of Team-BHP.
There was one earlier, but never found it that useful back then. Always used to gravitate towards the browser option. Don't see the app on the play store currently so maybe it's been removed for a reason.

Anyway I agree with one of the replies to your post - the mobile skin is pretty good and works on a variety of screen sizes without a bother!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 21st August 2020 at 08:57.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 09:39   #6896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I just realized I am not subscribed to threads that were started by me. So if I have to add a post to one my own threads, I have to search for that particular thread and then go about it.

Wouldn't the more obvious aspect be that such threads, by default, come in my "User CP" list?
In the 'User CP > Edit Options', what option have you chosen from the drop down menu?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200821093716__01.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 12:07   #6897
GTB
BHPian

Not exactly a suggestion.

I always like car pictures on the top right corner of our homepage. They quite make very nice wallpapers. Can you make those pictures downloadable for BHPians? or it is too much to ask?
Attached Images

GTB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:39   #6898
BHPian

I'm new here and as far I've searched I've found no thread for general discussion or a chatroom as such. May I request a chatroom for BHPians, on something like discord and also a thread for general BHPian banter?

Thanks!
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 14:27   #6899
BHPian

Hi Mods,

Is it possible to see a whole thread - ONLY, by the pictures in that thread?
If not, can it be made possible.

I would like to see all the pics of a car, and then read about it by clicking the link on that picture.

Thanks
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:07   #6900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Hi Mods,

Is it possible to see a whole thread - ONLY, by the pictures in that thread?
If not, can it be made possible.

I would like to see all the pics of a car, and then read about it by clicking the link on that picture.

Thanks
I believe that feature is already available.

Please refer this thread. (Viewing the pictures (ONLY) of a thread)
adwaith is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed