Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 10:04   #6916
OmV
BHPian

I am not sure if this already exists, but I was thinking it would be great to use this platform to connect business owner / professional BHPians with potential consumer BHPians. A sort of a business directory or TBHP Yellow Pages. All other things being equal, it would help keep business "in-house"!

A second layer to this could be a listing of "Where do you work - Company / Role". A TBHP 'Linkedin' equivalent which could be helpful to folks looking for jobs/ job change/ looking for guidance.

TBHP would not be responsible for screening / vetting business listings - the only check being obviously the lister is a BHPian. In lieu of getting access to a potential (large) client base, the business owners could offer a friends and family discount to BHPians - everyone wins.
OmV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 13:06   #6917
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Like a custom T-Shirt, a custom sticker probably? Where the user handle can be on the sticker and can be stuck on vehicle to identify member vehicles. Not practical probably as I guess the stickers are screen printed, not digital.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 00:35   #6918
Senior - BHPian

Dear Moderators, is there any system maintenance happen around Sunday mid-night? I have posted a message on "Kia Sonet : Initial Driving Impressions & Review" thread and my message was invisible for more than 10 minutes. But when I clicked edit, I could see the message. Visited another thread "Updated Force Trax and Gurkha spotted testing" and saw the same issue. Tried different browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge). After sometime issue resolved. Screenshots below:
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp1.png  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp2.png  

Last edited by airbus : 14th September 2020 at 00:37.
Old 14th September 2020, 05:21   #6919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
I am not sure if this already exists, but I was thinking it would be great to use this platform to connect business owner / professional BHPians with potential consumer BHPians. A sort of a business directory or TBHP Yellow Pages. All other things being equal, it would help keep business "in-house"!

A second layer to this could be a listing of "Where do you work - Company / Role". A TBHP 'Linkedin' equivalent which could be helpful to folks looking for jobs/ job change/ looking for guidance.

TBHP would not be responsible for screening / vetting business listings - the only check being obviously the lister is a BHPian. In lieu of getting access to a potential (large) client base, the business owners could offer a friends and family discount to BHPians - everyone wins.
Well the existing rule 4 prevents any kind of commercial activity on the forum. So BHPians cannot promote their own business on the forum. That said, there are other options though -
1. Jobs thread - Members regularly post opportunities available in their firms, interested people can always reach out to the poster and take it forward.
2. Classifieds - As a BHPian if you want to sell something, you can always list it here. It will also show your forum id on the listing.
3. Directory section - Members regularly post reviews of vendors/services they use. Many vendors are aware of TBHP and do offer some kind of discounts if you quote the forum. However, that's purely on the business's discretion. Some BHPian's businesses also have entries here, and its easy to find. Point to note - it is usually started by a customer BHPian rather than the business owner BHPian.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Will leave the rest for the Mods to pitch in
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 16:24   #6920
BHPian

An Issue/hindrance in the t-bhp experience.

Such a big Banner?!

Why? Earlier we had a smaller one.. why double the size?

Its occupying the max attention, are we in for more ad-space and reduced the importance to the content?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp-ad.jpg
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:18   #6921
BHPian

Everytime I browse through the forum i get a Warning sign next to the page's link.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200922125327277_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2020, 18:23   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Everytime I browse through the forum i get a Warning sign next to the page's link.
Tap on that warning triangle and post a screenshot of the resulting window?
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:06   #6923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Tap on that warning triangle and post a screenshot of the resulting window?
This is what it shows. Does this have anything to do with my network?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20200922190452245_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 24th September 2020, 17:26   #6924
BHPian

VBox figures included in the official car reviews, mainly focussing on the in-gear accelerations and braking distances. Maybe a separate thread to keep track of the timings.
Old 24th September 2020, 21:40   #6925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
This is what it shows. Does this have anything to do with my network?
Probably some ad script that is loaded from within the page is making the whole page secure. For me it comes just fine (I block ads).

The way to further troubleshoot is via Chrome Developer Tools. You can access it via the shortcut Control+Shift+I. Most likely it would have mentioned the offending script's details on the "Console" tab.
Old 15th October 2020, 10:52   #6926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can we have the newsletter popup being asked only once for each user? Currently I have seen that pop-up come numerous times; not sure if it's a time-bound check that happens or it appears every-time I login into team-bhp.
Dear Mods,
Not sure if this is part of the expected bhpian experience or a unresolved bug or simply a problem at my end only - hence quoting on this again with more images/details.

The above explained popup scenario still exists today. To demonstrate, I logged into the forum at 10:41 AM today and opened 3 pages (one User Profile, 2 Search pages) in parallel. All 3 pages have the popup coming up.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp-notification.jpg

Even when I moved on and arrived on this thread to put up this post, the popup comes up again.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp-notification-2.jpg

Any suggestions how to get around this? This is my experience everyday, everytime I log into the site; irrespective of the browser I use (tried it on chrome, IE, firefox).

And yes, I have selected "Close" button atleast a hundred times till date.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 07:53   #6927
Senior - BHPian

Can we integrate grammarly in the editor? It would further improve the readability and SEO of the website
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 09:03   #6928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

And yes, I have selected "Close" button atleast a hundred times till date.

Same experience here, it keeps popping up, no matter how often I close it. Admittedly, there are worse things in life, but it is annoying and it would be appreciated if it could be fixed.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 15:49   #6929
BHPian

May I please request and 'NSFW' tag or a 'Graphic Content' tag for posts of accidents as such. Sometimes, it's good to have some notice before one sees such content. If it worked like spoiler tags where one doesn't see the content until they click on it knowing that there may be something underneath.

Thanks,
Adwaith
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:23   #6930
Distinguished - BHPian

Pop up hiis again today.

Sorry guys, but absolute thumbs down to this.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks