Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 08:32   #7441
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I have been getting this blank black space since today morning. Using Brave Browser. I suppose there are Advertisements in this space for other browsers.
It’s a video advert and the ad blocker isn’t able to remove it. I have tried multiple extensions on Safari but they’re not able to remove this black space
AbhishekNigam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 15:05   #7442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Could we have an "On the road" thread in the travelogues section? This thread will host posts or pictures that people want to post a picture from their trip with some basic commentary or a (typically, a one pic-one post microlog) without really having to write a full-fledged multi-post travelogue for paucity of time. These will be nuggets of info that otherwise will go missing as people may not post assuming that full-travelogues are required to post those.
A workaround could be to do this in the assembly line section. Once you are back, you can add a concluding post and ask the mods to move it to the live section.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 21:52   #7443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
A workaround could be to do this in the assembly line section. Once you are back, you can add a concluding post and ask the mods to move it to the live section.
But it would be a shared thread - everyone would contribute otherwise we will need one such thread per user ( potentially )?

Separately, when scrolling a thread, it automatically moves to the next pages if available with having to click on next/page number. However, when scrolling up a thread, it doesn't happen. Frequently we start from the last post and scroll up - so could we have autoscroll to previous page too?

Last edited by airguitar : 16th December 2022 at 21:53.
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 22:14   #7444
RRM
BHPian

While typing let the page feel like typing in MSword, where it is easy to add tables and do formatting without showing tags.

Writing before or after the pic can be made easier than present
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 22:49   #7445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM View Post
While typing let the page feel like typing in MSword ...
Oh god no! For me, I'd ask to have vi commands work. --- But seriously, this is never going to be anything but the most simple text interface.

Don't some forums have a work around for tables using the [CODE] tag? I seem to remember that that honours tabs and multiple spaces, so tables can be made to work, albeit without must sophistication
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 19:39   #7446
Senior - BHPian

Noticed a new look to the forum. It looks quite nice and modern with the new theme. It is more aligned to the times.

However, being creatures of habit: would it be possible to also have the old theme as an option?
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 22:36   #7447
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the new look is very smart.

Standard, red or blue, are still old-fashioned-forum looks, if you don't mind one of the colours.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 08:26   #7448
BHPian

Is there something wrong with the User CP view? I don't see updates on this screen but when I go to new posts, I do see updates to my subscribed threads there.
It seems to get updated but after several hours is what I felt. May be I will watch for this problem more carefully now.

Last edited by deep_bang : 28th December 2022 at 08:40.
Old 28th December 2022, 13:36   #7449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
I understand there is an option to draft a thread but no option for draft in individual post / reply to threads.

This suggestion is after painstakingly typed long post lost.

Had to take call and coming back to editing window inadvertently pressed back in phone and lost it all.

Either a draft or acknowledgement "Do you want to discard your post to the thread" sort would be really helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
A few years back we tried to add a plugin that would auto-save text that you entered in the Quick-Reply box. However, unfortunately there were some complications and we had to remove it.

Your idea of the warning to prevent accidental navigation away is a good one! Will at least prevent some 'losses'. Will see what we can do.

PS - On some browsers, if you accidentally click "back", clicking "forward" after that restores the page with the text you had typed.
Similar thought, but on a different context -

The Assembly Line is pretty helpful in composing a new thread, esp. longish ones like Ownership Reviews.

We need something similar for posting updates too. Case in point - I've been working on an update to my thread for a while in my personal laptop, taking notes on my phone etc. to organize it into a worthy update.

But prob is, working on even Google Docs gets cumbersome when it comes to removing formatting and recreating the format you want, inserting images, getting the whole thing together.

Instead, if we have an Assembly Line of sorts (or drafts) for composing long updates that typically happens in ownership reviews, it'll help lazy procrastinators like me in getting all updates in one place, ready to reorganize and fire!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 18:46   #7450
Senior - BHPian

@Admins - I can see that the UI seems to have undergone some enhancements - can we have some official info on it

(If I missed any announcements - please point me to it, and apologies in advance)
Old 5th January 2023, 10:12   #7451
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Requesting if we can have a specific pictorial tutorial on how to add captions to photos while posting them and how to post them inline too. This is specifically for users who only use mobile devices - more particularly iOS on phone and tablet.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 10:47   #7452
BHPian

Dear Mods.

I was reading the Atto 3 review and noticed the Live to Drive sticker.

It is high time to offer some EV specific stickers.
For example - Live to Dri.EV with the associated colors and livery and background. I think it would work well.

Dri.EV safe , Dri.EV clean, Charge your ride, Dri.EV, Plug-in, rEVpeat etc are some examples.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 11:59   #7453
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Dear Mods.

I was reading the Atto 3 review and noticed the Live to Drive sticker.

It is high time to offer some EV specific stickers.
For example - Live to Dri.EV with the associated colors and livery and background. I think it would work well.

Dri.EV safe , Dri.EV clean, Charge your ride, Dri.EV, Plug-in, rEVpeat etc are some examples.
Dri.EV “Clean” - is still in question. Considering that in India, as in other parts of the world, the majority of electricity produced is by burning coal. I would therefore, be a bit cautious in saying ‘clean’.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 08:05   #7454
BANNED

ads on Team-BHP

I know the admin team does not have much control over the ads being displayed. But kindly refer to this news article. Use of such images is banned by the National commission for protection of child rights.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le66304975.ece

And this ad in being served to me consistently for past two days.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20230109_075226_firefox.jpg

Not that I grudge donations, I'm probably being served ads because my browser is reporting the donations made previously. But use of such images is unacceptable - it is sheer exploitation.

Kindly delete once the team has noted this. Not sure how else to report ads.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:12   #7455
BHPian

Re: ads on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I know the admin team does not have much control over the ads being displayed. But kindly refer to this news article. Use of such images is banned by the National commission for protection of child rights.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le66304975.ece

And this ad in being served to me consistently for past two days.

Attachment 2401655

Not that I grudge donations, I'm probably being served ads because my browser is reporting the donations made previously. But use of such images is unacceptable - it is sheer exploitation.

Kindly delete once the team has noted this. Not sure how else to report ads.

Even I am facing the same issue. There is a constant barrage of Ketto ads since some months, especially this ad from 3-4 days.

I have never made any online donations so far nor wish to do so.

I have cleared cookies, cache, history and what not.
Also reported this ad to Google several times. I get a message saying 'we will try not to show this ad again ', but no use.

I still get it on every page at multiple Locations.

One more is a video ad playing below the main tabs, either for a battery or a tyre or something else.

Frankly, these are irritating and the Ketto ads are downright disgusting.

Mods, please do something about this as it is ruining the forum experience.
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks