Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 22:00   #916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Who is GTO- Touring?

Is it GTO (Super- admin) itself? Its confusing since the profiles pics and everything are same! I've just now only realised the post count is different, and its not an admin!
It was 20 years ago in the Kumbh mela.. Rest of the story you know
Old 15th December 2007, 11:32   #917
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Who is GTO- Touring?

Is it GTO (Super- admin) itself? Its confusing since the profiles pics and everything are same! I've just now only realised the post count is different, and its not an admin!
Merely an account I use on public computers.
Old 16th December 2007, 00:46   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

A customizable interface would be greatly appreciated - pl note this is not the same as applying skins. Individual users should be able to rearrange(drag & drop) the layout of the home page to their preferences, so that data is served to them in a way they prefer. This will be in line with most current web-enabled interfaces that allow a great degree of user customization.
Old 16th December 2007, 11:12   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Indian Car Market section: New thread title format

Most new threads do not follow the suggested format of specifying location & type (Wanted / FS) in the thread title. Is it possible to have a pop-up to remind the poster about this when they start posting the new thread ?

With more & more members signing up, it will be difficult to tell every one of them. Or to expect them to read rules completely & follow them all the time - esp the first few times.
Old 16th December 2007, 13:44   #920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Most new threads do not follow the suggested format of specifying location & type (Wanted / FS) in the thread title. Is it possible to have a pop-up to remind the poster about this when they start posting the new thread ?
Also,

Price checks on second hands deals are done in the market section. Can we have a section for that? Or please advice where to post such threads. Threads like (just an example)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-1-5exi.html
Old 16th December 2007, 14:08   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CrAzY dRiVeR :Price checks on second hands deals are done in the market section. Can we have a section for that?
That should actually be done in the 'What car' section, right ?
Old 17th December 2007, 13:34   #922
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
A customizable interface would be greatly appreciated - pl note this is not the same as applying skins. Individual users should be able to rearrange(drag & drop) the layout of the home page to their preferences, so that data is served to them in a way they prefer. This will be in line with most current web-enabled interfaces that allow a great degree of user customization.
Gonna have to wait for a long time, Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Most new threads do not follow the suggested format of specifying location & type (Wanted / FS) in the thread title.
This was a significant problem in 2005, Condor. We actually included a line in our rules requesting members to title their threads correctly. However, popup or not, in the end it all depends on the members inclination.

That said, we rename a significant amount of threads on a daily basis. Feel free to use the "report this post to a moderator" button anytime that you feel a title is not appropriate, and needs renaming.

Quote:
Also,

Price checks on second hands deals are done in the market section. Can we have a section for that? Or please advice where to post such threads. Threads like (just an example)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-1-5exi.html
Already exists over at this thread. Fairly active too (last post this morning).
Old 18th December 2007, 11:52   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You have just given us an excellent idea; how about if we introduce a simple yet detailed article on the various parts of a car, and how they function in such beautiful harmony to make a car perform? We will start working on it.
That would be really nice. (Some really great stuff with 3D animation about the functioning of engines et al is given at Howstuffworks "How Car Engines Work" ). However, I was thinking more on the lines of having an actual camp, sort of like a fix-it-yourself mechanic's training for basic issues that we might face on the road. Unless one actually locates the parts and get his/her hands dirty, it's not quite the same, nah?
Old 18th December 2007, 12:27   #924
Senior - BHPian

Can we edit the ownership survey form?

I was filling up the survey and then when I hit Enter inside a text box (not text area), the form got submitted.

So basically an incomplete survey form got submitted.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:22   #925
Team-BHP Support

To encourage more participation in the Ownership Survey, wont it be better to have a PM sent to all users? I casually came across the announcement, which is why i asked.
Old 18th December 2007, 17:54   #926
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
To encourage more participation in the Ownership Survey, wont it be better to have a PM sent to all users? I casually came across the announcement, which is why i asked.
Mass email sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Can we edit the ownership survey form?

I was filling up the survey and then when I hit Enter inside a text box (not text area), the form got submitted.

So basically an incomplete survey form got submitted.
Sorry, but no way to edit the form. Feel free to fill up another one.
Old 19th December 2007, 13:26   #927
BHPian

I extensively use 'subscribed threads' feature to track threads I am interested in. It works pretty well.

Only hurdle is: if I didn't login for past few days and later I wanted it to show up all threads that had new posts as unread - seems it only shows the threads that have new posts THAT DAY, not since I logged last time. Can you do something about it?

Even if I click show all subscribed threads, other threads (which may have new posts since I logged last time) are shown as read threads.
Old 19th December 2007, 14:34   #928
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The subscription module doesnt want to keep sending emails to people who arent interested (but would have subscribed anyways). Therefore, it has a cut-off time within which you have to log-in, to be recognised as an "active" member.

Just log-in ever so often and you will be all set.
Old 19th December 2007, 23:12   #929
BHPian

Regarding the survey

Hi

Finished my ownership survey. Felt that there should be one more option ie (Too early to comment or Not applicable ) for point number 29 and 30.

In my case I have a 4000 KM run car which was serviced at 1000 KM . This would be hardly an experience to rate these two parameters IMO.

Best regards
Deepu
Old 20th December 2007, 08:59   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I extensively use 'subscribed threads' feature to track threads I am interested in. It works pretty well.

Only hurdle is: if I didn't login for past few days and later I wanted it to show up all threads that had new posts as unread - seems it only shows the threads that have new posts THAT DAY, not since I logged last time. Can you do something about it?

Even if I click show all subscribed threads, other threads (which may have new posts since I logged last time) are shown as read threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The subscription module doesnt want to keep sending emails to people who arent interested (but would have subscribed anyways). Therefore, it has a cut-off time within which you have to log-in, to be recognised as an "active" member.

Just log-in ever so often and you will be all set.
I think I haven't explained it right. I just subscribe to threads without email notification. Whenever I login, I go to 'User CP' where I find list of threads which have new posts. This helps me track them easily.

But here, if I didn't login for, say 4 days, and when I login on 5th day, User CP only shows threads that have new posts only on that day instead of all threads that have posts since I logged in last time. Even if I click 'show all subscribed threads', it shows other threads as 'read entries' even though they have some threads with new posts since I logged in last time - can something be done here to show all threads that have new posts since I logged in last time?

Most Viewed