cya
R
Sure does Rehaan. Thanks.
Old 4th March 2008, 00:47   #1157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Hi moderators/admins,
I am unable to view photos posted on various threads. kindly help me out. I am able to view photos of some threads though so am sure that its not a system problem at my end. require help on this..
Images posted on Team-BHP are hosted on several different photo sites (depending on where the member has uploaded it).
- Imageshack.us
- photobucket
- smugmug
- etc

Chances are that your network / firewall / country or something is blocking a few of those sites.
When you reach a post that should have pictures in it, but you cant see them. Click the "quote" button and see the addresses mentioned, which should indicate which site is being blocked / causing trouble.

cya
R
Old 4th March 2008, 10:55   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan is right, even in my office I am unable to view images hosted on most of the image sites including Imageshack. The only exception being photobucket.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:35   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Images posted on Team-BHP are hosted on several different photo sites (depending on where the member has uploaded it).
- Imageshack.us
- photobucket
- smugmug
- etc

Chances are that your network / firewall / country or something is blocking a few of those sites.
When you reach a post that should have pictures in it, but you cant see them. Click the "quote" button and see the addresses mentioned, which should indicate which site is being blocked / causing trouble.

cya
R
Thanks rehan..will check that
Old 5th March 2008, 15:49   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Every time I login it goes back to main page Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community which is annoying. I want it to return to the page I was viewing prior to login.

And can we have a small icon along with our avatar to know which car we use? Something like that..
Old 5th March 2008, 18:15   #1161
BHPian

Ok, the new classifieds section needs tweaking. Firstly, can it be a default option that the person posting a for sale or wanted ad gets a PM or e-mail automatically when someone replies to their ad? There are too many threads in which people ask for more information and the seller / buyer just disappears, presumably because he doesn't check that exact thread again. I know this option exists, but can it be made the default?
Old 5th March 2008, 22:05   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

Question: For picture heavy posters like me, is there a limit to the number of pictures uploaded?

2nd Question: Will images only be displayed as thumbnails, or is it possible to have full sized images as part of the text?

3rd Question: Are we no longer allowed to use imageshack and photobucket?

Note: In relation to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/36475-uploading-photographs-directly-team-bhp.html

Last edited by aah78 : 5th March 2008 at 22:52. Reason: Post moved to the suggestions thread.
Old 6th March 2008, 13:06   #1163
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Every time I login it goes back to main page Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community which is annoying. I want it to return to the page I was viewing prior to login.
Sorry, but we have an option to go back to the page you were viewing, only after "logging out". Why don't you first login upon reaching Team-BHP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Ok, the new classifieds section needs tweaking. Firstly, can it be a default option that the person posting a for sale or wanted ad gets a PM or e-mail automatically when someone replies to their ad?
This option already exists. When creating an ad, set the "Want to be notified by email when users post replies?" option to YES.

If you want to subscribe to an ad that has already been created, click the "Receive Email Updates" link that is displayed with each ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Question: For picture heavy posters like me, is there a limit to the number of pictures uploaded?
No limit. As long as you don't use up the entire 250 GB hard disk that we run Team-BHP off

Quote:
2nd Question: Will images only be displayed as thumbnails, or is it possible to have full sized images as part of the text?
Only thumbnails.

Quote:
3rd Question: Are we no longer allowed to use imageshack and photobucket?
Yes. Please use only the attachment function to upload your pics. The problem with imageshack is that photos expire after one year of use. There are so many old threads around, where the pictures don't display anymore.

Picture uploading is yet a new area for us. You can expect updates / improvements with time.
Old 7th March 2008, 00:41   #1164
BHPian

Ok..ok.. Mods I know the answer to my question ...abt the no of PMs
but would have been cool if I had more PM space.
I have to take some discussions/troubleshooting with friends outside of TBHP to gmail etc ...
Old 7th March 2008, 01:19   #1165
Senior - BHPian

hi,in the classifieds section,it is an admin option to use the 'sold it' option.WOuld it be possible for members themselves to use these options as and when they sell an item.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:44   #1166
Senior - BHPian

A "lite" version of the forum to allow for easier browsing via mobile phones would be nice. I think this feature is supported by vbulletin.

Mobile/Cell Phone Style - vBulletin.org Forum
Old 7th March 2008, 15:54   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Ok..ok.. Mods I know the answer to my question ...abt the no of PMs
but would have been cool if I had more PM space.
I have to take some discussions/troubleshooting with friends outside of TBHP to gmail etc ...
Hi Chetan, the capacity was increased only recently, upon a request in this thread itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
hi,in the classifieds section,it is an admin option to use the 'sold it' option.WOuld it be possible for members themselves to use these options as and when they sell an item.
Of course it is. Each seller can mark his listing as sold. Do you not see that option for an ad of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
A "lite" version of the forum to allow for easier browsing via mobile phones would be nice. I think this feature is supported by vbulletin.

Mobile/Cell Phone Style - vBulletin.org Forum
Checking it out, spadival. But I can't promise as we like to keep the hack list at a bare minimum.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:56   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This option already exists. When creating an ad, set the "Want to be notified by email when users post replies?" option to YES.
What I meant was that as you say, it's "Off" by default. Can it be made "On" by default? Not everyone looks at all the options when placing an ad.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:43   #1169
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yes, we have already included that in the things-to-do over the next upgrade.
Old 7th March 2008, 20:23   #1170
BHPian

If no one has already suggested it, I think adding further sections in the "ICE, Accessories & Parts" section of the classifieds would be useful.

For example, when you click on "ICE, Accessories & Parts" you can see further categories like

1. Wheels / Tyres
2. ICE
3. Performance mods
4. Styling mods
5. Others.

I feel this will be useful since there are a large number of items there (50), and looking through them all takes time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks