Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 14:48   #1246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I guess when it's written that price has to be mentioned compulsorily for any product - then why do you guys enter 0 ? You have read the rules right ?

There is a glitch / restriction of the software - which are discussing in the support forum.
Gautam,

For used products people may want to bargain and there is no hard and fast price, which is exactly the reason a best offer option has been provided in forums.

I had complained about this as well and in any case my threads were deleted. I have no issue adhering to rules as long as it is clear and same for one and all.

I know you guys are doing a great job and from my side ensuring to stay within the rules.

Cheers,

Jignesh
Old 27th March 2008, 14:58   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Gautam,

For used products people may want to bargain and there is no hard and fast price, which is exactly the reason a best offer option has been provided in forums.
Jiggysa,

You can always put in 2 words in the decription - " Price Negotiable".

Simple no ?

And yes - The rules are clear and same for everyone including the moderators.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th March 2008 at 14:59.
Old 27th March 2008, 14:59   #1248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Jiggysa,

You can always put in 2 words in the decription - " Price Negotiable".

Simple no ?
Don bhai,

What do you think I have done

Viper
Old 27th March 2008, 15:05   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Hi, i had just got used to posting pics via imageshack. Now we can do it directly. Great move. A suggestion; In imageshack and photobucket, one did not have to personally resize the images to 800X600. This was done by clicking a box to choose the size of the pic and one had to only upload after one has chosen the size to be displayed on the forum post. Can we incorporate this feature also. I feel that it will help a lot and save a great amount of time especially when posting sequential pics or more than one pic. Otherwise, now, one has to first resize the pic or pics copy them to another folder (if one needs to preserve the original high res pics) and then upload them. What say guys? If there is already a way this can be done please someone educate me. Thanks.
Old 27th March 2008, 15:10   #1250
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the suggestion, V-16. FAQ on resizing pictures coming up soon!
Old 27th March 2008, 22:14   #1251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
.....at the same time you have given an option in "Asking Price" saying mention "0" for best offer.....
GTO has updated the Classifieds form and has removed that text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
....one did not have to personally resize the images to 800X600.....
Just to clarify V-16 :

At the moment you can upload any size - 640x480, 1600x1200, 3008 x 2000 etc -- however, at the moment, ther filesize restriction is 500kb (0.5MB) , so as long as your file is smaller than that - it will be accepted for upload.

cya
R
Old 27th March 2008, 23:58   #1252
BHPian

Hey mods, don't you think locking threads without a note why it is being locked is not a best practice? Yeah some threads have to be locked but a simple note why it has been locked will be appreciated by most people.

Eg:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...browser-3.html

BTW, this thread was started by a mod.
Old 28th March 2008, 00:46   #1253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Hey mods, don't you think locking threads without a note why it is being locked is not a best practice? Yeah some threads have to be locked but a simple note why it has been locked will be appreciated by most people.

Eg:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...browser-3.html

BTW, this thread was started by a mod.
Hi Proxima,

We have discussed the closing of threads just recently (probably 1-6 pages back).

We always try to close threads with a note (unless its temporary). If there is no note - a PM was probably sent to the thread starter.

As for the thread you have linked to, it was an merging error that hadnt been rectified yet (a new thread was merged to an existing old thread which was locked (w/ a note) - instead of being moved to the thread that was indicated in the "thread closed" note). The error has been rectified now.

If you visit the link you have posted again you will see.

Thanks,
R
Old 28th March 2008, 11:42   #1254
Senior - BHPian

my office ka IT Security Rules has been blocking most of the links/threads in Team BHP. i donot know why, but i cannot access the Weird n wcky thread, today they blocked shrivz' baleno thread (Mod' section) and quite a few more threads. i cannot even change my av_a_tar. the link is blocked.

i know that all the members love cars and they really make very good comments about a modded / bling car. at times, some of us comment as, "your car is the s*xiest" (i have used * instead of E) i guess that is one of the reason the IT thingy in my office is blocking a particular thread.

i used to see that quite a few words when posted appeared as ***** automatically. but i have not come across the feature recently.

it will be great if there is a solution to this problem. do i need to speak to the IT people at work - but i doubt they will be able to help since the rules are set by H.O. @ Mumbai i cannot work without checking out team bhp.

thanks and regards.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 28th March 2008 at 11:47.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:55   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
One more thing whenever we post a ad why do we get 6 emails intimating us of the same thing. I think one would suffice
I think you may have edited your ad 4-5 times after posting it and hence each time you updated the posting, you got another mail.

It happened to me too
Old 29th March 2008, 20:39   #1256
BHPian

After the new feature of uploading images to t-bhp itself, I am facing some problems viewing pages.

This problem is seen only in opera

The pics go off to the right, and one has to scroll to the right a long way to see multiple images....rather irratating.

Pls see my screenshot to get an idea.

My screen resolution is 1280x1024 if thats of any interest
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg  

Old 29th March 2008, 21:12   #1257
Team-BHP Support

Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
After the new feature of uploading images to t-bhp itself, I am facing some problems viewing pages.

Yes, this problem does occur in Opera.

Till a permanent solution is found, here's a temporary solution.

After you've uploaded images and submitted your post, click on Edit and click on the Manage Attachments button (the paper-clip button).

Select Insert All. By default, the attachments will appear one below the other. You'll have to edit your text so that it appears before / after your images - according to your preference.
Old 29th March 2008, 21:55   #1258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yesssss. Ive been having the same problem :( Its clearly caused by the way opera handles the page layout.

I guess you dont have the ability to change the way the images are displayed in other peoples posts - but i do - so i will try to do what aah78 suggested for all the posts like this that i see, until we find a better solution.

cya
R
Old 30th March 2008, 12:18   #1259
BHPian

good to see some opera fans.

The button "Fit to width" also works...

Opera Browser Wiki :: Custom Buttons to Drag'n'Drop into your Opera (first button)
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:49   #1260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
good to see some opera fans.
Indeed! I have a thread coming up especially for the Opera users... and maybe even a few more treats.

Quote:
The button "Fit to width" also works...

Opera Browser Wiki :: Custom Buttons to Drag'n'Drop into your Opera (first button)
Works great! (though it scales down the images themselves instead of just putting them on the next line).

Thanks,
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks