Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 06:27   #1636
BHPian

GTO,
Here are may suggestions:

1. Have a moderator to moderate newbie's posts across the other part of the globe too.... It helps in newbie's posts getting on the board real quick.
U know, now, If a Newbie in USA is posting during Indian midnight, that post will get posted only during Indian morning.

2. We need to provide the path (Hierarchy quick link of th website) even on the bottom of the pages.
Example : We are on a travelogue page. We read through from Top to bottom. Once you are at the bottom of the page, u need a way to go back to exit to the upper hierarchy of the page, u need the marked link to be at the bottom of the page too....
See this snapshot. Have this marked link at the bottom of the page too. Helps!
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp.jpg

Regards
Pramod
Old 11th October 2008, 12:06   #1637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
1. Have a moderator to moderate newbie's posts across the other part of the globe too.... It helps in newbie's posts getting on the board real quick.
U know, now, If a Newbie in USA is posting during Indian midnight, that post will get posted only during Indian morning.
We have always had at least two mods in USA for years.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:10   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
We have always had at least two mods in USA for years.
Samurai!
This was purely my observation, from the time i came to Bellevue (USA), from August 24rth. My posts get posted after moderation only after Indian Sun rise
If it happens quickly thru the US mods, i dont have complaints at all
Thanks for ur response.
Btw, congratulate me... this is my first Un-moderated post... uh hooo!!

Last edited by pramod : 11th October 2008 at 12:15.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:54   #1639
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@MODS!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the server for spywares!! Around 10 mins ago, my current web page (team bhp) suddenly closed and then it opened again automaticall, but not once, it kept opening new tabs continuously till i had to shut off my pc and had to reboot it. Also, this same thing happened at my friends laptop too. Guys, please check it...

thanks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That particular flash ad is being looked into as a matter of the highest priority. We will have this sorted ASAP. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.
Cyrus & HappyWheels : This problem has been sorted. You shouldn't face any more issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
mods
there is a problem when a press the search button on the homepage.the ad in front covers the search box,and we cannot see what is being typed in the search box.
it would be nice if you could address this issue.
thanks and regards
ankit jhamb
This problem has been solved as well. No more ads overlapping the search box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is it possible to diplay the last ad in 'classifieds' section on the first page itself. So that there is no need to click " TEAM-BHP Classifieds" to check out for new ads.
Hi Surprise, great suggestion. We have made a note of this for our next round of upgrades.

Quote:
2. We need to provide the path (Hierarchy quick link of th website) even on the bottom of the pages.
Please use the "Forum Jump" Menu. It serves exactly the purpose (or close).
Old 12th October 2008, 00:07   #1640
BHPian

mods
what is the correct way of contacting you for editing/deletion of post.i tried the 'report post" method but it didnt work.
should we use contact us button on the bottom of the browser.
Old 12th October 2008, 12:50   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
mods
what is the correct way of contacting you for editing/deletion of post.i tried the 'report post" method but it didnt work.
should we use contact us button on the bottom of the browser.
Reporting the post to a moderator is the only way to make such requests. However, reporting a post doesn't guarantee action. Only if the mod team sees a need to intervene / make corrections will any action be taken.
Old 12th October 2008, 12:59   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Reporting the post to a moderator is the only way to make such requests. However, reporting a post doesn't guarantee action. Only if the mod team sees a need to intervene / make corrections will any action be taken.
but what can be done if we want to remove email details from the post.the email details can be misused,so i had requested using report post method to remove the details.
Old 12th October 2008, 13:12   #1643
BHPian

Can we have an option to voluntarily send a post to the moderators for approval before it appears in the forum. Many a times, particularly while creating new threads one is uncertain weather or not a post deems a new thread - it can possibly be part of another thread. In those instances if there is an option to proactively seek moderators involvement i think it'll help everybody.

Also, Google's SMS channels can be used effectively during meet-ups and for group communication

http://labs.google.co.in/smschannels/browse

Last edited by nemo : 12th October 2008 at 13:21. Reason: additional content
Old 12th October 2008, 13:59   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
This was purely my observation, from the time i came to Bellevue (USA), from August 24rth. My posts get posted after moderation only after Indian Sun rise
If it happens quickly thru the US mods, i dont have complaints at all
Pramod, when a post is waiting for approval the message goes out to the entire support team. Whomever is the quickest to respond can approve the post. That is how the forum software works. Team-BHP internal rules might allow only senior mods to approve posts, so that is why you see delays. As it is, the best way out is to have more than 50 posts
Quote:
Btw, congratulate me... this is my first Un-moderated post... uh hooo!!
Congrats on crossing 50
Old 12th October 2008, 14:06   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
but what can be done if we want to remove email details from the post.the email details can be misused,so i had requested using report post method to remove the details.
Again, mod action is dependant on our judgement. However, rest assured, EACH reported post is looked into by more than one moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Can we have an option to voluntarily send a post to the moderators for approval before it appears in the forum.
Sure, feel free to use the "contact us" form to get an opinion. Replies are sent out generally over weekends.
Old 12th October 2008, 21:16   #1646
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...This was purely my observation, from the time i came to Bellevue (USA), from August 24rth. My posts get posted after moderation only after Indian Sun rise ...
Quote:
Guys, do keep in mind that weekends might slow things down a bit as well. Remember, mods have social lives too

Ankit - your report post was acted upon a few hours back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
...Team-BHP internal rules might allow only senior mods to approve posts, so that is why you see delays....
There is no bottle-neck here.

cya
R
Old 13th October 2008, 16:57   #1647
BHPian

dear Mods

this is an earnest request to all, pls introduce some more skins. i am tired of using the standard blue and red and the other two are not to my liking at all. pls something more spunkier but not dark.

Thanks

Mansi
Old 13th October 2008, 17:11   #1648
Team-BHP Support

Any skin but only with a white background will do for me. Please do not remove the standard red, EVER.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:24   #1649
RAC
BHPian

Pardon me if this has been posted earlier, but it would be great if the smileys can be hidden and accessed after clicking on a link.

This makes posting in office a lot easlier without having to continuously wring your neck trying to see who's watching and being cautious (there are only around 6 people sitting around me)
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-smileys.jpg  

Old 13th October 2008, 17:38   #1650
Team-BHP Support

You can use the quick reply option. Safest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks