Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2008, 22:06   #1666
Team-BHP Support

aaggoswami,

1) Regarding the search - this has been discussed a few times in this thread. The most recent one being here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/999956-post1606.html

2) Click the icon.
Enter the link you want & click OK.
You will be retured to the reply window with some text (a copy of the link) selected. Replace this with the text you want to show as the link.

If required, go to the advanced view and uncheck "automatically retrieve title from external links". (This prevents the page title from showing up in brackets at the end of the link.)

3) Click on the link number on the top right of a post. It will open only that post in the window - copy that link.
Alternatively, use the "permalink" link next to it -- but this requires the whole page to load first and then will scoll to the specified post.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th October 2008 at 22:11.
Old 18th October 2008, 23:31   #1667
Senior - BHPian

@Rehan:
1) OK, got the point tried and succeded.
2) Will try. Earlier I had also tried, but with little success.
3) Also tried, but when I posted this link in my post and clicked on it, it opened the entire thread from page 1. This happened when there was a thread on A-star and pixo ( later merged with main A-star thread ) and I tried to post link to my post in the main thread where I had reaveled this. Anyways, next time again I will try.

Thanks for this information. Will surely attempt to solve my problems.
Old 19th October 2008, 10:23   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
1) Regarding the search - this has been discussed a few times in this thread. The most recent one being here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/999956-post1606.html
Actually, what GTO says there is not entirely true. Yes, if you allow all two character searches, then the search index becomes massive. But vBulletin has an option to retain the minimum 3 or 4 char search limit AND supplement that with pre-defined admin entered search words. (like M3, Z4, etc). So the search and the search index will be working only for the 2 char words that the admin enters. It will not index ALL 2 char words.

Another easy way, like GTO says, is to just search Google for threads from Team-BHP. TBHP is very well indexed in Google
Old 19th October 2008, 10:52   #1669
Senior - BHPian

in that case, can a google search team bhp field be added ?
Old 19th October 2008, 12:14   #1670
Senior - BHPian

For those of you who are asking for the 2 character option, here is the work around by using Google (this is just for people who might not know how to use this option):

Suppose I want to search for M5 over here, the search string should be:
M5 site:www team-bhp com
(gave me 940 hits)

Suppose I want to search for all post with M5 & Z4, then the search string is:
+M5 +Z4 site:www team-bhp com
(gave me 37 hits)

Now the above one threw few pages which also had "M3" in them, so if I do not want anything that talks about M3, then the term is:

+M5 +Z4 -M3 site:www team-bhp com
(gave me 17 hits)

Hope this helps.

Edit: removed the "." in the URL so that it is not processed by the forum. Please make sure that you put in the right URL when mentioning "Site"

Last edited by HappyWheels : 19th October 2008 at 12:17.
Old 19th October 2008, 12:22   #1671
Team-BHP Support

How would i refine searches using google to just the thread titles? Is there an option to do that?
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:55   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

Error while navigating to 'BHP Garage' from 'Classifieds'

Always get this error while navigating to BHP Garage from the 'Classifieds' section.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-error.jpg

Cheers,
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:15   #1673
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Always get this error while navigating to BHP Garage from the 'Classifieds' section.

Attachment 62969

Cheers,
Hi Khan_Sultan, that is a known bug and was reported earlier. We were able to fix the problem only for the standard skin (BHP Silver). Are you using the standard blue or red? This will be sorted over our next upgrades. In fact, expect some exciting stuff for the classifieds section in time (hopefully) for our 5th Anniversary!
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:17   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Khan_Sultan, that is a known bug and was reported earlier. We were able to fix the problem only for the standard skin (BHP Silver). Are you using the standard blue or red? This will be sorted over our next upgrades. In fact, expect some exciting stuff for the classifieds section in time (hopefully) for our 5th Anniversary!
Ohhh.. ok. I have got used to the 'blue' theme and that's the only theme I use.

Look forward to the 'exciting' stuff GTO.

Cheers,
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:38   #1675
Team-BHP Support

Mods: I may be wrong but I have noticed an unusually large number of newbies commenting on the Linea threads, most of them against the company/car. Any way of checking authenticity ?

PS: Please no offenses to any newbie.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:14   #1676
BHPian

Don't know if this has been suggested before, but I find the "<" and ">" icons in the navigation bar to be a bit too small. I use them a lot for navigation and would like to have a larger button/text so that it's more easily clickable.

Perhaps replace the symbols with text like "Prev" and "Next" so that there is a larger clickable area.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:22   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Cypher this was discussed before, since we are using vBulletin's proprietary software we dont have much control over such things.
Old 25th October 2008, 14:45   #1678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
...Any way of checking authenticity ?....
Please do report any posts that you may find suspicious Eddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
...I find the "<" and ">" icons in the navigation bar to be a bit too small...
To add to what Techno has said, why dont you try clicking the next page number itself, it might make it a little easier (thats what i do, infact i haven't really noticed the < > buttons!).

cya
R
Old 26th October 2008, 00:34   #1679
Team-BHP Support

This has happened thrice now in the past couple of days. I use Mozilla to browse the forum and it works very well. However, if I google something up and the results show a T-BHP link, I am not able to open the page. This is the error I get. Does not happen all the time, but happens frequently enough to be annoying. Actually, the message itself says that this might be a temporary error !

Problem at my end ?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-error.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 26th October 2008 at 00:35.
Old 26th October 2008, 02:55   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Seems you're running Vista. Doesn't happen to me on FF3.

And the solution is to click the blue link at the bottom of that text & add an exception to allow Team-BHP's security certificate to be accepted by your browser. I use the secure protocol (https) all the time & don't have this problem unless I'm on Vista/IE8.

The error is basically due to the security error of Team-BHP security certificate not having been ratified by Microsoft or whoever the verifying agency is.

Most Viewed