Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 09:12   #1741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
there is a line thats always in my use and it's 'C wa 'm sayin' for 'see what I'm saying?' in short it's 'SWIS'.
I think that may be considered as sms lingo and may not be allowed, and also its not a very commonly used line on the forum.

Anyhow let the MOD's decide.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:26   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I think that may be considered as sms lingo and may not be allowed, and also its not a very commonly used line on the forum.

Anyhow let the MOD's decide.
Ya, i know, I put the C to explian the way it sounded - It's shorter that S E E. another one is 'you know what I'm talkin about?' Well let the mods decide. It's no harm typing the whole line if only I use it SWIS (oops used it!)
Old 12th November 2008, 12:55   #1743
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

This new membership confirmation thingy is a little confusing. I had a tough time (after all these years on the forum) to find out if her ID got rejected or accepted. Because for 3 days (maybe 4, cant remember) the membership wasn't accepted (was a lot simpler/quicker when most of us joined).

Suggestion to mod team: If an application gets rejected, is there any facility to intimate the user of the same? That would really be helpful.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th November 2008 at 13:44. Reason: Suggestion part of your reply retained for the suggestions thread.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:13   #1744
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ya, i know, I put the C to explian the way it sounded - It's shorter that S E E.
Johnda, if that isn't SMS / Slang, what is? Sorry but we cannot allow that language to be used on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
This new membership confirmation thingy is a little confusing. I had a tough time (after all these years on the forum) to find out if her ID got rejected or accepted. Because for 3 days (maybe 4, cant remember) the membership wasn't accepted (was a lot simpler/quicker when most of us joined).
Mclaren, you will appreciate that we don't particularly enjoy the procedure either . In fact, it only adds to the daily to-do list. However, in our efforts to maintain / improve quality, we have implemented the screening of registrations. Also, about 30% (or more) of all registrations on some days are from spambots.

Quote:
Suggestion to mod team: If an application gets rejected, is there any facility to intimate the user of the same? That would really be helpful.
Yup, an email is sent out irrespective of whether the membership has been approved or disapproved.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:42   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Johnda, if that isn't SMS / Slang, what is? Sorry but we cannot allow that language to be used on Team-BHP.
No problem GTO, just wanted to know. Cause if I were to talk to you, at the end of an explanatory line I'd say "see what I'm sayin?" so I wanted to know if I could use a short form for it while I type. Since it's not allowed It's just fine 'see what I'm saying?'
Old 16th November 2008, 00:11   #1746
Team-BHP Support

This is what popped up on my screen when I wanted to start a thread at another forum. If it can be replicated here, I think it might help keep a check on threads in the wrong sections.
Please note that the message comes up only for newbies (in the other forum) and the same can be applied here.

Edit: Giving credit. India Broadband Forum is where I got this from.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-suggestion.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 16th November 2008 at 00:12.
Old 16th November 2008, 22:09   #1747
BHPian

This is not a suggestion but a question,while i was searching for a previous post of mine, I went to my profile and clicked on ' find all post' and in the process saw on the top right corner that I replied to about 298 posts but under my handle only a 125 odd have been mentioned. Not that it matters but is that how it is? Jus checkin! then was thinking how is a post actually counted. Like I said earlier It doesn't matter... a post counts only when you wanna move from Newbie to bhpian and avail the privileges.

Last edited by johnda : 16th November 2008 at 22:11.
Old 17th November 2008, 00:07   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
This is not a suggestion but a question,while i was searching for a previous post of mine, I went to my profile and clicked on ' find all post' and in the process saw on the top right corner that I replied to about 298 posts but under my handle only a 125 odd have been mentioned. Not that it matters but is that how it is? Jus checkin! then was thinking how is a post actually counted. Like I said earlier It doesn't matter... a post counts only when you wanna move from Newbie to bhpian and avail the privileges.
Joe, posts in some of the threads/forums like shifting gears, Introduce yourself, collection of best threads etc. do not contribute towards your post count as a policy on t-bhp. Hence the difference. See the FAQ for more details.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:00   #1749
BHPian

Thanks PathFinder. went tru the FAQ and man there is a lot of info in there
No wonder its frequently asked!!! :-)
Old 17th November 2008, 15:17   #1750
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This is what popped up on my screen when I wanted to start a thread at another forum.
Appreciate the suggestion, Eddy. Counting half of today and the entire of saturday, I have moved only a single thread. Thanks to all of you BHPians, the placement of new threads is not that severe a problem on Team-BHP. Plus, we are averse to modifying the stock setup as well as to implement yet another click before posting.
Old 18th November 2008, 21:40   #1751
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Appreciate the suggestion, Eddy. Counting half of today and the entire of saturday, I have moved only a single thread. Thanks to all of you BHPians, the placement of new threads is not that severe a problem on Team-BHP. Plus, we are averse to modifying the stock setup as well as to implement yet another click before posting.
Point taken. But another thing that I want to bring to your notice is "similar threads option".
As soon as I go on to create a new thread and type the name of my thread, a list of similar threads show up (just for reference). I can either go to one of those threads or continue typing mine without any additional click. Based on the number of redundant threads, the mods team can decide whether this will be useful here.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-suggestion-2.jpg  

Old 18th November 2008, 22:31   #1752
BHPian

Classifieds

Hi

Is there a way I can browse the Classifieds wherein I can filter out the SOLD items. If not can this be taken as a suggestion.

Thanks
Old 19th November 2008, 08:07   #1753
Senior - BHPian

GTO & Support team,

Is the time set for 'since last visit' used mainly for New posts, reduced now?

It was 1 hour earlier, but now it is 30 mins or less I guess.

If so, can you please retain it to 1 hour.
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:32   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Point taken. But another thing that I want to bring to your notice is "similar threads option".
As soon as I go on to create a new thread and type the name of my thread, a list of similar threads show up (just for reference). I can either go to one of those threads or continue typing mine without any additional click. Based on the number of redundant threads, the mods team can decide whether this will be useful here.

I had pointed this in one of the threads.generally i see new threads opened by newbies(no offence meant to newbies)on similar topics.i think this will help them a lot.
one more thing which is related to this topic is that newbies post are genrally approved first,regardless of the topic.is it not possible to see whether the thread exsist or not and then approve the post.

mods:just a suggestion.no offence meant to anyone

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 23rd November 2008 at 19:33.
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:25   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
GTO & Support team,

Is the time set for 'since last visit' used mainly for New posts, reduced now?

It was 1 hour earlier, but now it is 30 mins or less I guess.

If so, can you please retain it to 1 hour.
I also felt that the number of items on "New Posts" lesser recently - was wondering if there are lesser of activity or any other change in settings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks