Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 17:07   #1876
Senior - BHPian

dont know if this has been discussed earlier but i was going through the members list and saw so many members who have joined in 2004 but never posted...more so their last activity was around that time as well..so that means they havent logged on for almost 3 years..is it necessary for them to still be on the list cant some names be removed...

also which doing that i came across something daam wierd....some members last activity date is some 1970 which is impossible considerin the site was started in '04

rev
Old 5th February 2009, 19:16   #1877
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In the process, also code for the link that when we click home, we are taken back to TBHP home, and not the Classifieds home page.
Will be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
dont know if this has been discussed earlier but i was going through the members list and saw so many members who have joined in 2004 but never posted...more so their last activity was around that time as well..so that means they havent logged on for almost 3 years..is it necessary for them to still be on the list cant some names be removed...
Yes, it has been discussed in this thread before quite a few times. Please search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
also which doing that i came across something daam wierd....some members last activity date is some 1970 which is impossible considerin the site was started in '04
Forget about the site, even the internet didnt exist in 1970

If im not mistaken, that happened when importing users from our earlier forum software over to vbulletin (our current software).
(Or during some other sort of software / server upgrade).

cya
R
Old 5th February 2009, 19:48   #1878
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
If im not mistaken, that happened when importing users from our earlier forum software over to vbulletin (our current software).
(Or during some other sort of software / server upgrade).
Yup, at the time of upgrading from ikonboard to vbulletin in 2004.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:05   #1879
BHPian

Hi Mods can we have a section as html page or anything what is feasible (Better it can be downloaded as xls in future)where important contacts like address, phone number, Category(like ICE, Auto parts, Service station, engine oil, denting and painting etc),City along with who has posted that.It would be good to add a link of the post of that entry to verify and discuss the same. It will help to search sometimes the good contacts at one place.
Any opinion

Last edited by aka_iitd : 6th February 2009 at 14:13.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:23   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hi Mods can we have a section as html page or anything what is feasible (Better it can be downloaded as xls in future)where important contacts like address, phone number, Category(like ICE, Auto parts, Service station, engine oil, denting and painting etc),City along with who has posted that.It would be good to add a link of the post of that entry to verify and discuss the same. It will help to search sometimes the good contacts at one place.
Any opinion
i believe Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Modifiers Database covers it
Old 6th February 2009, 14:28   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
But it covers a portion of what I think would be useful. Mainly it covers ICE section.Take example of synthetic vs mineral oil thread lot of info is present from where to buy etc but you need to search that exponential growing thread. It can cover emergency numbers during break down also. This list would act as multi purpose list for all needs

Last edited by aka_iitd : 6th February 2009 at 14:31.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:03   #1882
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Aka : Fantastic suggestion, thanks! All I can say is that it has been discussed before. Just wait & watch.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:25   #1883
Senior - BHPian

in that case, we have a disclosure thread for folks associated with ICE to post the products/brands they are involved with. Why not extend it to the rest of the forum?
I think its a bit unfair that only the ICE folks have to put up with it. Why not the tuners and folks who are commercially involved with automotive related stuff/services post their involvement ( and preferably contact details ) mandatorily in a sticky thread somewhere? If we need disclosure, we want full disclosure right?

and we get a list of people to contact without doing any work, and they dont have to solicit(they cant anyway)

Last edited by greenhorn : 6th February 2009 at 18:27.
Old 9th February 2009, 15:38   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Mods !

I'm unable to upload pics on tbhp pics. Even a 100kb pic doesn't get uploaded.
Everytime i try to upload a pic it shows <sending request to tbhp.com> and nothing happens.

Its not an ISP issue as i have 3 laptops at home and this uploading problem is only in two laptops with XP. The one with Vista doesn't have this problem.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:48   #1885
BHPian

Don't know if it is appropriate to post it here, but I didn't find another thread. (or may be that could be another suggestion of raising problems faced by t-bhpians).

I am facing a problem from 2-3 days, as soon as I get into t-bhp marketplace, I am logged out automatically. Is anyone else facing this problem?
Old 9th February 2009, 16:57   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Mods !

I'm unable to upload pics on tbhp pics. Even a 100kb pic doesn't get uploaded.
Everytime i try to upload a pic it shows <sending request to tbhp.com> and nothing happens.

Its not an ISP issue as i have 3 laptops at home and this uploading problem is only in two laptops with XP. The one with Vista doesn't have this problem.
Check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...bhpians-4.html
Old 9th February 2009, 17:12   #1887
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Don't know if it is appropriate to post it here, but I didn't find another thread. (or may be that could be another suggestion of raising problems faced by t-bhpians).

I am facing a problem from 2-3 days, as soon as I get into t-bhp marketplace, I am logged out automatically. Is anyone else facing this problem?
I am facing the same problem too! I guess from last Thursday.

Mods - Any idea?
Old 9th February 2009, 18:08   #1888
abk
BHPian

A "lite" version of TBHP which is stripped of all pictures, smileys et al which can safely be kept open and browsed at will at work will appear looking for technical assistance in one of those techie forums
Old 9th February 2009, 18:13   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
A "lite" version of TBHP which is stripped of all pictures, smileys et al which can safely be kept open and browsed at will at work will appear looking for technical assistance in one of those techie forums
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sitemap/
will this do ?
and once you reach a page, take thread tools -> view printable version

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th February 2009 at 18:18.
Old 11th February 2009, 06:03   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I'm still unable to upload pics. help
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Sorry didn't get u. What do u want me to check in that link?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks