Even I can't see page 2 of my own thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...emember-2.html
Old 16th March 2009, 15:35   #2057
Team-BHP Support

+1. Me too and the same error.

Browser -- Chrome
Old 16th March 2009, 15:50   #2058
Team-BHP Support

When a new thread is being created, let us have a small text box that asks for the search terms used to check if there exists a similar thread.

This should be a NOT NULL box.
If the person had ignored the search for a new thread, then award a couple of infraction points.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:01   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Even I can't see page 2 of my own thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...emember-2.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Browser -- Chrome

Ok, whats the deal!

I can see people making post (or are they only MODS???) but I am still getting error when I try to access. :(

Even my post in the test 2nd page by TSK did not go thru.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:00   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ym-enjn,

1. I see this as a temporary problem. Internet connections are becoming faster and cheaper by the day. It will only be a li'l more time before all of us are sitting on 2 mbps connections for 500 bucks a month.

2. Splitting is entirely dependant on the thread creator. That said, we don't expect members to wait for 14 replies before submitting the next installment of their report / content.

3. Use Opera / a browser that allows you to switch image display off.
Sir not buying your points here!! See whats happening to these pages:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ml#post1215754

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ch-09-a-2.html
Old 16th March 2009, 18:10   #2061
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Rehaan / GTO,
This is the error i am getting:
Quote:
: require(/usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/55110-nightmares-dreamscapes-trip-revbpicgallery.php) [[COLOR=#0000ff]function.require[/COLOR]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/vbseo.php on line 1129

Fatal error: require() [[COLOR=#0000ff]function.require[/COLOR]]: Failed opening required '/usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/55110-nightmares-dreamscapes-trip-revbpicgallery.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/rushabh/forum/vbseo.php on line 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Thanks guys - the Support Team has noticed this and are looking into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...I can see people making post (or are they only MODS???) but I am still getting error when I try to access. :(...
Post are going through, but the page is not visible - hence the appearance that people are able to see and post on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
When a new thread is being created, let us have a small text box that asks for the search terms used to check if there exists a similar thread.....
Excellent idea, and actually Moderator V12 had mentioned exactly the same thing last week during one of our discussions. We are looking into this as well as other methods to prevent repeat information / mulitple threads on the same topic.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th March 2009 at 18:45.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:11   #2062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Sir not buying your points here!! See whats happening to these pages:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ml#post1215754

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ch-09-a-2.html
Point noted Ym-enjn.

We will look into this issue once again.

Thanks,
R
Old 17th March 2009, 13:50   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Thanks R,

You see earlier there was only one Samurai, now there are Samurai square and each with impeccable skills.. I had to start my computer once at midnight to read his Rajasthan thread because the RAM of my mobile ran short as there were so many photos on one (first) page and all were not opening because of that.

So just a suggestion/request.

Thanks

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 17th March 2009 at 13:57.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:46   #2064
Senior - BHPian

This is regarding the changes to the classified section. I know its been discussed to death. I've read the comments by members and moderators and can understand both viewpoints.

Having posted and communicated with members who've posted ads on the classifieds section, I must admit that the new policy makes it a little harder to close deals.
The comments that were posted earlier made posters and other members aware of what the market was willing to pay for their products. Now, there is much less communication, thereby reducing the number of deals closed. I understand that some posters felt that members were posting frivolous comments with no intention of buying, but that helped other members sift a good deal from a bad one. At the same time, it made the seller aware of the need to reduce prices if he had over priced it initially. Now buyers simply walk away without any discussion and the sellers dont even know what the correct price should be. Price discovery is thus seriously impacted.

Think about it, and maybe do some research into the number of classifieds posted as well as closed, and I'm quite confident that you'll see a decline post the new rules.
I also know that classifieds is not the main activity of this forum, but well, it drew people in here. People who were looking for good deals amongst like minded members and it worked well for so long. Why fix something if its not broken?

Please rethink on this one, and do it after seeing the figures of classifieds posted and closed.

Thanks.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:21   #2065
Team-BHP Support

lalvaz - theyre revamping the full classifieds soon. im sure there will be comments when gto and his team are done.
Old 18th March 2009, 14:24   #2066
Team-BHP Support

How about a "Happy Birthday" sub forum inside Shifting Gears.

Once created move all the threads with the words Happy.*Birth.*Day in the title to it.
It would have 365 threads in it.

Last edited by bblost : 18th March 2009 at 14:25.
Old 18th March 2009, 14:30   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Ym-enjn, if your system has problems handling the whole page as it is, you can acess the printable version ( thread tools -Printable version) to acess the content.

and click on the attatchment icon on the threads lists page to view the images one by once

for ex, the print version of the NIOC OTR page

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...9-a-print.html

and the images page
Attachments - Team-BHP
Old 18th March 2009, 17:22   #2068
BHPian

Hi admins & mods.

Can we start our C.O.T.Y. award, poll in the respective segments?

I am sure everybody is questioning the authenticity of the COTY awards by all other so called car shows.

Atleast ours will be a purely authenticated one.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:22   #2069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
...the RAM of my mobile ran short as there were so many photos on one (first) page and all were not opening because of that.
Looking into it.

In the meanwhile, have you tried opera mini? It resizes images on the server side before sending them to your mobile! (saves data costs and memory).

Also there are other suggestions in this thread for mobile users. (one of which greenhorn has just mentioned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
This is regarding the changes to the classified section. I know its been discussed to death. I've read the comments by members and moderators and can understand both viewpoints....
Agreed Lalvaz. However, we need something that is scalable - and at the moment the "useless comments to useful comments ratio" was just too high.

We will look into other methods of comments and public communication for the upcoming *New* Classifieds section. Even if they aren't offered initially - we will try to include something at a later stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
How about a "Happy Birthday" sub forum inside Shifting Gears.
bblost, we try not to create new forum sections or sub-sections unless absolutely necessary - since we have quite a few already and dont want to make the forum landing page overwhelming. Perhaps in the future when we reorganize Shifting Gears we will do something to this effect.

Thanks,
R
Old 18th March 2009, 21:53   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Ym-enjn, if your system has problems handling the whole page as it is, you can acess the printable version ( thread tools -Printable version) to acess the content.

and click on the attatchment icon on the threads lists page to view the images one by once

for ex, the print version of the NIOC OTR page

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...9-a-print.html

and the images page
Attachments - Team-BHP
Thats a nice idea. Thanks greenhorn.

Most Viewed