Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 00:41   #2071
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
...Can we start our C.O.T.Y. award, poll in the respective segments?
Indeed! See post #10 by GTO here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1180563

cya
R
Old 21st March 2009, 18:59   #2072
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I have been having this issue since a couple of days now. Everytime I visit the classifieds section it logs me out. I have to log in again, if I click on anything including new posts I have to log in again.
Old 21st March 2009, 20:06   #2073
BHPian

How about a newsletter!

Every news of the automotive scene unbaised hits Team-BHP first.
So,
How about a Team-BHP monthly magazine in E-book format ?
which will show all the news of the month, at the end in a better organised package.

We can have sections like members speak, long term reviews etc.
and then car reviews that will make a great read !

I will help in any and every way possible
Old 21st March 2009, 22:35   #2074
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I have been having this issue since a couple of days now. Everytime I visit the classifieds section it logs me out. I have to log in again, if I click on anything including new posts I have to log in again.
Rahul,
Other too are facing this prob. Suggested solution is to use remember password option.
Old 22nd March 2009, 16:18   #2075
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I've posted a few items or threads that were N.A. based and they were shifted to BHP WORLDWIDE under "The International Auto Scene."
Hi John, the VCCI section has been placed under the "Indian car scene" and hence must hold information relevant to India only. Ditto with supercar spottings in India as well.

Quote:
!. Introduce a new Sub forum under BHP World Wide, "Vintage Cars and Classics International" or
2. Introduce under Pre-1950 and Post-1950 a new sub forum "International".
Once a certain volume of int'l vintage car information has been archived, we will certainly consider this. At the time being, however, we are extremely finicky about adding yet more forum sections.

Quote:
I've been promoting Team BHP to a lot of my friends
Thanks! Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is the error i am getting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
+1 here! Am able to view only page 1 of TSK's thread. If I move to second thread, I get this error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Even I can't see page 2 of my own thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
+1. Me too and the same error.

Browser -- Chrome
Thanks for the headsup. This issue has been sorted. It had affected TSK's thread, in addition to some other older discussions. No problems now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
which will show all the news of the month, at the end in a better organised package.
Rahul, many thanks for the fantastic suggestion. We have initiated discussions on how to go about implementing this.
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:39   #2076
BHPian

Not sure if its suggested before, but anyway, Banner of the month.
For some of us who are good at graphics we can give back by designing a simple good looking banner.

This will be for forums, not the site.

This could keep things fresh and isn't change always good?

Could be a new banner for every quarter of the year based on the new cars introduced at the time.

Or maybe like several cars in 1 banner, lined up like A-B-C-D-E, you know how cars are lined up in magazines, that way but the cars would be the hatch-sedan-luxury released in that 6 month period or whatever time period.

That means new banners + people get to see the new released cars in the last 6 months all lined up in a nice little banner up there.

I'm hoping I made some sort of sense.

Anything to remove the skoda banner!
Old 25th March 2009, 10:50   #2077
BHPian

Mods, the pics look skewed in my garage whearas the same pics are normal in my thread.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:16   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it good to send a reply to the person who has reported the Post on the action taken, so that the person can know was it right or wrong to report the post.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:29   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Is it possible to get Team-Bhp Mobile?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Planned for our next upgrade. Thanks.
Mods, when is the next upgrade due? I am waiting for T-BHP mobile like crazy.

Also will it possible for you let us know will it be a application kind of thing or a mobile address.

Last edited by Bubby : 25th March 2009 at 14:32.
Old 25th March 2009, 15:40   #2080
BHPian

Can we have pics other than the routine red skoda and white civics?

Can we have other cars also on the main pages?
Old 25th March 2009, 20:27   #2081
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Mods, the pics look skewed in my garage whearas the same pics are normal in my thread.
This is probably because its a wide screen pic. try cropping the pic from sides and make it of a normal resolution and see.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:28   #2082
Senior - BHPian

ordering stickers - field for handle name

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1231106

With reference to this post by 'sumeethaldankar', me too felt that order page stickers should have had field for team-bhp handle name. It would also help to know which members have ordered team-bhp stickers.
Old 28th March 2009, 10:49   #2083
Team-BHP Support

gto and mods. i was just going through the test drive section and noticed that some of the info was outdated. eg, the innova - it says there is also a 10 seater option and that there is no climate control etc which has been added after the facelift. just minor things like these. maybe if there could be a report button or something?
Old 28th March 2009, 12:39   #2084
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey mods,

Keep up the good work.
- In the classifieds section, could it be made mandatory for the poster to put in the location of the good alongside its name so it is easier for us to know which goods are in which city.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th March 2009 at 23:51. Reason: Personal requests would be best made directly to the concerned member via PM. Thanks
Old 28th March 2009, 23:50   #2085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Not sure if its suggested before, but anyway, Banner of the month....
Gagan, we'd like to keep Team-BHP's brand feel pretty much consistent, so changing the top banner majorly on a regular basis, from different designers etc might not be the best thing.

However, if in the future we do remove the advertising banner - we might convert it into a broadcast banner for the community. Im sure you're suggestion can apply to that banner if and when this does happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I think zerocritical might have a point. We will have this looked into, but in the meanwhile can you please try what he has mentioned (quoted below) and then report back on this thread? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
....try cropping the pic from sides and make it of a normal resolution and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Isn't it good to send a reply to the person who has reported the Post on the action taken, so that the person can know was it right or wrong to report the post.
Mr. gowda79, thank you for being one of the very active members when it comes to helping mantain Team-BHP's quality via the REPORT POST feature.

The mods do take a look at every reported issue, discuss, and act only where they feel intervention is necessary. Occasionally the mods agree to not intervene if they feel no action is necessary for a report - but the report still does serve as a note to the mods to keep an eye out on that thread/post, so there is no such thing as a "wrong" report.
If you are convinced action is necessary for a particular post, you may report it for a 2nd time to encourage us to reconsider, but please, no more than 2 times per post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Mods, when is the next upgrade due? I am waiting for T-BHP mobile like crazy.

Also will it possible for you let us know will it be a application kind of thing or a mobile address.
Bubby, we have a few things on the to-do list before the next vbulletin upgrade.
Chances are that it will be a mobile address, as opposed to an application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Can we have pics other than the routine red skoda and white civics?

Can we have other cars also on the main pages?
There are currently a handful of cars which change randomly on the main webpage/portal Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home

We are working on getting the same to apply for the forum section.

As for having more cars - we have tried to limit the number of cars, since if it is a new car everytime, or a very large pool of cars, webpage load times might be affected adversely since the image will not be loading from cache as often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
....me too felt that order page stickers should have had field for team-bhp handle name. It would also help to know which members have ordered team-bhp stickers.
Thanks sukiwa, we will consider adding that as an optional field to the form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
gto and mods. i was just going through the test drive section and noticed that some of the info was outdated. eg, the innova - it says there is also a 10 seater option and that there is no climate control etc which has been added after the facelift. just minor things like these. maybe if there could be a report button or something?
Akshay1234 - if you could please point these discrepancies out clearly via a message using the Contact Us form, your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
....- In the classifieds section, could it be made mandatory for the poster to put in the location of the good alongside its name so it is easier for us to know which goods are in which city
We are working on a new classifieds software which should make its way public in the next couple of months. This issue shall be resolved at that point as well as a lot of additional features.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks,
R

Most Viewed