Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 20:45   #2101
Team-BHP Support

@Surprise : The chat option has been proposed and discussed many times on this thread, and has been turned down every time to keep the members interaction on the board, and not take everything offline. Makes sense, i would say.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:40   #2102
BHPian

Team BHP can get a mobile version of the website..It ll be easier to use the website on the move. What say????
Old 10th April 2009, 10:24   #2103
BHPian

I request moderators to send a PM to all members to exercise their vote in this elections.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:28   #2104
Distinguished - BHPian

I know you are revamping the classified section. A suggestion for this: can we have a column mentioning the city/town as well. Makes it easy while searching for a car so you know, ok this car is from mumbai and i can take a TD. I know a search can be done, but this will be easier.
Old 10th April 2009, 21:32   #2105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
mods,is it allowed to post add in the classified section on behalf of the dealer.
Sure is (but no more than 3 dealer ads / week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Surprise : The chat option has been proposed and discussed many times on this thread, and has been turned down every time to keep the members interaction on the board, and not take everything offline. Makes sense, i would say.
Thanks Benbsb29!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL4EVR View Post
Team BHP can get a mobile version of the website..It ll be easier to use the website on the move. What say????
Already shortlisted in our project list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I request moderators to send a PM to all members to exercise their vote in this elections.
Agreed. If literate and socially aware citizens like us don't vote / choose our leaders, it is a shame. No less. Each BHPian MUST cast his vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I know you are revamping the classified section. A suggestion for this: can we have a column mentioning the city/town as well. Makes it easy while searching for a car so you know, ok this car is from mumbai and i can take a TD. I know a search can be done, but this will be easier.
Thanks Tejas. I can confirm that we will be incorporating your suggestion.
Old 11th April 2009, 12:49   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Post number

Hi,

Why is my post number stuck at 887? I have a post on 10/04/2009 and two of 11/04/09 with the same number.

I sort of remember posting a note to the moderators about a problem my nephew was having in registering and posting. I never got a reply.

Even this post is 887!
Old 11th April 2009, 13:45   #2107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Why is my post number stuck at 887? I have a post on 10/04/2009 and two of 11/04/09 with the same number.

I sort of remember posting a note to the moderators about a problem my nephew was having in registering and posting. I never got a reply.

Even this post is 887!
Trrk, all posts in the Shifting Gears section, as well as the Collection of Best Threads section will not contribute to an increase in your posts count.

Are your recent most posts in these sections or others? If the latter, then there is a problem, else there isnt.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:48   #2108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Rehaan i understand that you discuss with other Mods but my question is can a message be sent to the person who has reported the post onn the action taken.
Hi Gowda79,

If action is taken - you will see it reflected on the forum (edit notes, infractions, moved posts etc) as per the reported post request. Unfortunately there is no automated way to notify the member who reports the post when action is taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
...Why is my post number stuck at 887? I have a post on 10/04/2009 and two of 11/04/09 with the same number....
Please see : Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting

cya
R
Old 11th April 2009, 18:53   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Gowda79,

If action is taken - you will see it reflected on the forum (edit notes, infractions, moved posts etc) as per the reported post request. Unfortunately there is no automated way to notify the member who reports the post when action is taken.

cya

R
Thanks Rehaan for clearing the doubts, i think we need to work on that automated way to notify the member who reports the post when action is taken.
Old 11th April 2009, 19:55   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Trrk, all posts in the Shifting Gears section, as well as the Collection of Best Threads section will not contribute to an increase in your posts count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Gowda79,
R
Thanks for that. Well, I don't remember the sections, but it is fine as long as there is a reason for that.
Old 12th April 2009, 11:48   #2111
BHPian

On the main forum Page, current active users section, IMO it would be a good idea to display it as current active users & current active moderators. This would help in case someone is looking at a quick resolution or if someone is in need of urgent help.
Old 12th April 2009, 11:57   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
On the main forum Page, current active users section, IMO it would be a good idea to display it as current active users & current active moderators. This would help in case someone is looking at a quick resolution or if someone is in need of urgent help.
+1

or we can have different color shade for mods handle.
Old 12th April 2009, 15:13   #2113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
+1

or we can have different color shade for mods handle.
Guys, this was suggested before. Here is the mods response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hi Eddy, I had tried this once. Problem was, changing the colour on the home page resulted in a change all across the board too (post bit etc.). Also, some of us use the invisible mode on a frequent basis.

Its best to use the *report this post to a moderator* functionality to get in touch with us. For matters that aren't related to posts, simply use the contact us form.
Old 12th April 2009, 15:28   #2114
Team-BHP Support

Perfect. Thanks Eddy.

Reporting Posts is the best way to do it!

cya
R
Old 14th April 2009, 21:40   #2115
BHPian

I don't know whether this has been proposed before (can't go through 140+ pages of suggestions ! ), but here's something all of us have experienced before - going through dozens of pages to find that *update* hidden somewhere in a long and tedious thread.

Some threads' titles are modified by the mods to reflect the update, but really, isn't it a convoluted method for something that has a much simpler solution ?

I (hereby ? ) suggest that an option of editing (or just appending to) the first post be available with the thread starter.

If he (male dominated team-bhp, sigh) updates the thread with something vital (*xxxxx km update*/ *new HU bought* et al ) the links for the same can be added to the first post.

If you feel that changing the content once posted shouldn't be allowed, how about implementing just the append option I mentioned earlier?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks