Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 12:20   #2176
BHPian

Well,

Team Bhp should give away the set of team BHP Stickers once a newbie becomes BHPian. Although this should be taken on a case to case basis and not to everyone who becomes a BHPian.

On crossing the 50 post barrier the persons should be analised and quizzed well by mailing him a set of questionair to which he has to reply. If he/she meets the expectations of the mods or the concerned authority, only then he should be gifted with team BHP stickers which he can proudly put it on to his ride.

How about that !!!

Abbas.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:31   #2177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Well,

Team Bhp should give away the set of team BHP Stickers once a newbie becomes BHPian. Although this should be taken on a case to case basis and not to everyone who becomes a BHPian.

On crossing the 50 post barrier the persons should be analised and quizzed well by mailing him a set of questionair to which he has to reply. If he/she meets the expectations of the mods or the concerned authority, only then he should be gifted with team BHP stickers which he can proudly put it on to his ride.

How about that !!!

Abbas.
Well it should not be the general sticker that anyone can buy. You have to show that you've earned it. So it should be a different design. Just one sticker that is not for sale.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:37   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Well,

How about that !!!

Abbas.
Sorry to say, and may sound rude, but its a stupid suggestion. First off, Team- Bhp does not make money by accepting money from Auto Manufactures and whatever little is earned through google ads and sticker sales goes to run Team-Bhp. Giving away free gifts is for those sites who want readers to visit their sites and attract them with gifts. Team-Bhp is popular enough to avoid such gimmicks.

Instead of this suggestion, it would be better if a person who becomes a Team Bhp'ian buy a set of stickers and show his support to the site.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 6th May 2009 at 12:39.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:47   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Instead of this suggestion, it would be better if a person who becomes a Team Bhp'ian buy a set of stickers and show his support to the site.
I agree, you should earn it with atleast 50 posts to be able to buy a set or more.

Giving away a sticker for every Team Bhpian would not make any sense cost/logistics or forum wise. there are so many Bhpians who hit 60-100 posts and just fade away. Have see so many older posts, which people not active any more.

Giving away a sticker/goodies through your City Moderators for becoming a Senior Bhpian is something else and should be strongly considered .

Also how about a different level for someone hitting 5000+ posts. These guys are the 'Team-Bhpian Vetrans/Gurus'

I have seen very very few senseless/pointless posts from guys with over 5000 posts. I look forward to say what these guys have to say on a given thread.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:06   #2180
Distinguished - BHPian

How to you only unsubscribe to email notifications of a subscribed thread? In new ones i now uncheck the email notification but how to do it in old ones? Every monday i land up getting 50 odd mails about thread activity and since i am daily accessing tbhp, i really don't need those notifications now.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:12   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tejas,

Just go to user CP,

- select show all subscriptions

- Select those for which you dont want email (you can also select all)

- Click on the drop down menu at the lower bottom

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-subscription.jpg

- Select No email notification, & click on 'Go'
Old 6th May 2009, 13:30   #2182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hi Tejas,

Just go to user CP,

- select show all subscriptions

- Select those for which you dont want email (you can also select all)

- Click on the drop down menu at the lower bottom

- Select No email notification, & click on 'Go'
Super. It works. Thanks.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:42   #2183
BHPian

The only problem I had with team-bhp is that in some cases posts were deleted saying"Please search before posting".

I am fine with this but since its a discussion,I would want to start a new one and interact with all the persons(which might be different from the earlier thread about the same topic),take their suggestions and then come to a conclusion.

I think a thread is about discussion and getting feedback and for this,the person who is actually posting needs to be involved.

So would be happy if everyone can post.

Otherwise,the site has loads of info and I find it very useful and also people happy to help out

Last edited by joy_swift : 6th May 2009 at 13:44.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:56   #2184
Senior - BHPian

How about having a better search option in the members section, so we can search members by name or location or occupation or cars they own.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:08   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
The only problem I had with team-bhp is that in some cases posts were deleted saying"Please search before posting".

I am fine with this but since its a discussion,I would want to start a new one and interact with all the persons(which might be different from the earlier thread about the same topic),take their suggestions and then come to a conclusion.

It means to say, search for a similar thread and post your query there, instead of starting a new similar thread. Lot of people are already subscribed to those threads and they will immediately help you out with your query.
Old 6th May 2009, 18:08   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Its already there, just click on Advanced Search for Members

It doesnt search by occupation though
Old 6th May 2009, 18:28   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Its already there, just click on Advanced Search for Members

It doesnt search by occupation though
Oops. Missed that. Thanks for the link.
Old 7th May 2009, 17:49   #2188
Senior - BHPian

How is this possible ??? - BHPian with 44Posts

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg
Old 7th May 2009, 18:08   #2189
Senior - BHPian

could be possible, after becoming bhpian, some of the post by this member have been deleted or have been shifted with the thread (to the collection of best threads)
Old 7th May 2009, 18:28   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
could be possible, after becoming bhpian, some of the post by this member have been deleted or have been shifted with the thread (to the collection of best threads)
Even if the post is shifted, it still remains his post. So that will not affect the number. Regarding deletion, it's done quite soon. I don't think the mods will wait so long to delete. Probably some bug. Today my posts were stuck at 103 for a long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks