Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 18:22   #2251
Senior - BHPian

On the basis of various requests to know the history of Team-bhp, We have compiled a thread on the Journey of Team-bhp since its inception by putting a selective few significant posts.

We invite you to check out The Team-Bhp Story
Old 15th May 2009, 01:35   #2252
Senior - BHPian

I have numerous times have found some great threads by the Similar Threads feature below each thread.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:50   #2253
Senior - BHPian

how is this possible that person on the forum can have post counting 50 in last 24 hours and he has only posted 6/7 post originally, is there a way one can increase there post without posting
Old 15th May 2009, 13:00   #2254
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I have numerous times have found some great threads by the Similar Threads feature below each thread.
Always the case! I love the similar thread feature, though it's pretty heavy on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
how is this possible that person on the forum can have post counting 50 in last 24 hours and he has only posted 6/7 post originally, is there a way one can increase there post without posting
We'd love to know ourselves. Please report any post of that member. We will cross check.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:14   #2255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We'd love to know ourselves. Please report any post of that member. We will cross check.
pmed you regarding the same, please do let me know.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:24   #2256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Glad to hear that.
At one point we had removed the "Similar Threads" feature - but then a lot of members requested that we bring it back - and so we did!

cya
R
Old 15th May 2009, 14:27   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes I wonder what happened to the classifieds please? The comments section doesnt seem to be working.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:01   #2258
Team-BHP Support

Quickdraw,

That has been clarified several times in this thread already - please do search.

Thanks,
R
Old 15th May 2009, 20:21   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Quickdraw,

That has been clarified several times in this thread already - please do search.

Thanks,
R
Oh I am sorry Rehaan, I back-tracked and saw a couple of posts and all of them mentioned that the revamp is coming. But its been quite sometime and I see a lot of people requesting for the comments section rather then being against it. Do consider it at the next meeting/upgrade.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:32   #2260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : Rehaan, lately in some of the gallery pics, you notice that the pic resolution gets skewed owing to stretching. This is not on the old pics in the galleries, but certain pics which were recently uploaded.
Rehaan : Benbsb29, Was it you who raised this same issue in this thread, sometime in the last 2 months?
@Rehaan, I had used the Contact Us linky last week to report this problem. (Dont know if Benny had posted this here, earlier). I tried the solution given by Benny, and it works every time.

To reproduce the problem, upload any pic into the gallery - one specifically resized to 800x600, and another where this sizing has not been done.
Old 17th May 2009, 20:01   #2261
BANNED

Can we have some sort of email address masking on? Like converting

Quote:
somebody@example.url
to something like:-

Quote:
somebody (at) example (dot) url
We often post email addresses here, and if those ids end up spammed people may simply discard that id and chances are that later emails get ignored.

I have in mind something like what we already have for masking four letter words.

Alternately, this can be done by enforcing a code of conduct, like the "no SMS lingo" rule.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:20   #2262
Senior - BHPian

I just noticed that the red skoda on the top of the forums now changes to several different cars like on the home page!

looks great!
Old 19th May 2009, 01:35   #2263
BHPian

I just noticed that too. Looks great and refreshing . However the Skoda is popping up.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:27   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Can someone collate the suggestions that have been accepted and post it - I couldnt read through 2000 odd replies here but am interested to know the changes that are coming up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Suggestion regarding this thread itself-- perhaps a new official 'suggestions' thread could be created every calendar year and the old ones closed? How many pages will this thread have in a few years? And that means new members could have a reasonable number of pages to read through to see that year's suggestions.
I too would like to see this implemented. The old, closed thread should ideally have a summary of what suggestions have been implemented over the past year.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:34   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Here is the reason for that.
He would had 44 posts in the shifting gears section where the posts do not get counted towards your tally whereas it appears in the number of posts in the last 24 hrs/week/month, but not in the overall count.
The other 6 posts would have been made in the sections that count. Hence his post count increases by only 6.

Most Viewed