Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 12:41   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to implement the 'Table' BBcode here ?

currently posting things like bills and specs etc - stuff which need to be in a tabular format all look messed up, and one has to use images otherwise

vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - BB Code [table]
Old 1st June 2009, 15:01   #2282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Some suggestions for the next large update of t-bhp:
Great suggestions anekho.

I like the customized stickers, as well as the member-pages with direct/simple URLs. Definitely something we'd like to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Can the team-bhp watermark be made transparent?

many times there is a text at bottom which is masked by the watermark. e.g. the hyderabad police campaign thread.
Good idea vivek. I noticed that in the Hyd police thread too.

At the moment the watermarks are just an overlay that do not alter the original image at all, so we could try to change it to a clear watermark and see :
1. Will the watermark be visible enough
2. Will whats below it actually be more readable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
...The announcement was not clear enough. I do not understand what the numbers mean. For example, what does 0/1 (4) mean under a members post count?
Searching for "infraction numbers" in this thread returns this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/459790-post654.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Searching within the titles.
The results for xyz will not include those titles with xyzABC
bblost,

If you want to expand your search for "wagon" to include "wagonR, wagonA, wagonAnything" etc

You need to use a wildcard *

ie. Search for wagon* - that should get you all the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Whenever i click in classifieds section & view any particular ad, my browser gets logged out. Why am I facing this issue ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
But one more thing, has the posting(comment) for an ad removed ?
sushrutha,

Both these topics have been discussed quite a few times in the last 3months in this thread.

Yes, the comments feature was turned off for a variety of reasons - please search this thread for more detailed information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I use the standard blue skin and I do not see this search option. Please clarify.
hemanthisgreat,

The default skin for Team-BHP has been BHP Silver for more than a year now. Unfortunately standard blue etc (skins other than "BHP Silver" or "BHP Black") do not have the header bar viewable.

We will be concentrating only on BHP Silver and BHP Black as supported skins for future developments, and we would suggest you give one of them a try.

BHP Silver was designed as an alternative to Standard Blue, it has the same font size etc and similar brightness level etc. Give it a shot for 3-4 days and i can assure you you'll begin to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Is it possible to implement the 'Table' BBcode here ?

vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - BB Code [table]
Greenhorn,

This is something that was brought to our notice earlier as well, GTO can consider it during the next vBulletin upgrade.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2009 at 15:03.
Old 1st June 2009, 19:05   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Searching for "infraction numbers" in this thread returns this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/459790-post654.html
Thanks, Rehaan. I did not know about the search thread feature.
Old 1st June 2009, 19:55   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Great suggestions anekho.

I like the customized stickers, as well as the member-pages with direct/simple URLs. Definitely something we'd like to consider.
I'd also suggest the following to be added to that page:
  • Thread started by member in "Introduce Yourself" forum
  • All threads started by member in "Long Time Ownership" forum

Quote:
Good idea vivek. I noticed that in the Hyd police thread too.

At the moment the watermarks are just an overlay that do not alter the original image at all, so we could try to change it to a clear watermark and see :
1. Will the watermark be visible enough
2. Will whats below it actually be more readable
How about giving the uploader the option of choosing the watermark? Let the current one remain like it is. Give an second watermarking script like the one I suggested here. The user should decide which watermarking to use.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:28   #2285
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@Rehaan - my suggestion is not about my / our email ids. It is about email ids of others - like a manufacturer's customer support. I do take your point about bots being able to undo the changes.
The only way around is to have email addresses show up as images. That isn't fool proof either. Bots are getting smarter by the day and successfully bypass our registration page too, despite image verification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Searching within the titles.
The results for xyz will not include those titles with xyzABC
We'll have the wildcard trick, as outlined by Rehaan, added to the guidelines for search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
I'd also suggest the following to be added to that page:
  • Thread started by member in "Introduce Yourself" forum
  • All threads started by member in "Long Time Ownership" forum
How about all threads started by the member? Or the member himself can choose what threads to show?

Quote:
How about giving the uploader the option of choosing the watermark? Let the current one remain like it is. Give an second watermarking script like the one I suggested here. The user should decide which watermarking to use.
Will unnecessarily complicate matters. We prefer to keep things as simple as possible. While a small percentage of us may use such a feature, the majority won't see value in it. And such a feature does require significant modification of the code.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:17   #2286
BHPian

What about searching a member using email ids in advanced search in member list. Many of our friends may be members in the forum, but we may not know it. Using this search criteria, we may be able to connect on the forum.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:34   #2287
Senior - BHPian

Currently the advanced search does allow you to search using chat IDs from ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Skype & MSN messengers.
Ofcourse the member should have entered these in his profile to be able to be searched.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:49   #2288
BHPian

Have noticed multiple adverts in the classified section popping up time & again for the same product - "ORCHIS" interiors. Its a nuisance & the member name is also "ORCHIS" with 0 posts. Mods, kindly do the needful.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:01   #2289
Senior - BHPian

Unsuscribe

Hi,

Similar to a subscribe to this thread option in a thread, can there be a 'unsubscribe'? Or better still, for a subscribed thread, it should be 'unsubscribe' instead of 'subscribe'!
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:43   #2290
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What about searching a member using email ids in advanced search in member list. Many of our friends may be members in the forum, but we may not know it. Using this search criteria, we may be able to connect on the forum.
We don't allow public display of member email addresses to protect their privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Have noticed multiple adverts in the classified section popping up time & again for the same product - "ORCHIS" interiors. Its a nuisance & the member name is also "ORCHIS" with 0 posts. Mods, kindly do the needful.
On our way to investigate. Thanks, though it's best to report the ad to the moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Similar to a subscribe to this thread option in a thread, can there be a 'unsubscribe'? Or better still, for a subscribed thread, it should be 'unsubscribe' instead of 'subscribe'!
Link to related FAQ Entry
Old 10th June 2009, 12:27   #2291
BHPian

Has the infraction points for banning a member being increased. I see a member with a following infraction points 0/1 (20), but has not being banned. My understanding was 10 points leads to a ban.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:16   #2292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Has the infraction points for banning a member being increased. I see a member with a following infraction points 0/1 (20), but has not being banned. My understanding was 10 points leads to a ban.
Hi Hemanthisgreat,

No, the point system hasn't changed.

However, you may see more than 10 active infraction points on an active member's profile if the temporary ban period is shorter than the life of the infraction (and the member has just returned from a temp ban).

cya
R
Old 10th June 2009, 16:48   #2293
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I knew about this. I was trying to suggest an easier way of unsubscribing.

The way it is I will have to wade through my subscriptions to find the one that I want to unsuscrobe.

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2009, 17:45   #2294
BHPian

1. Take out the smiley rule
2. Team BHP needs a "bully pulpit" or politics/current events discussion section
Old 10th June 2009, 17:47   #2295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
2. Team BHP needs a "bully pulpit" or politics/current events discussion section
er. You mean something like shifting gears or what am I missing here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks