Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 02:24   #2341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Any ETA about the same? I want to buy them asap.
Hi Pranavt,

If all goes well, we should have the new store up and running by the end of this working week or sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rehaan, GTO, any luck with increasing the number of images allowed in a post? This 30 image restriction is playing havoc with my current Travelogue - and I'm under major pressure to finish it quickly
Suman,

As GTO mentioned, tsk1979 did bring up the same point in the Support Forum. After some discussion, i think the majority are in favour of keeping the limit the same for now. There are many reasons for this - but in general, simply put : An increase in pictures per post will make life easier for 1 thread poster per thread, but may inconvenience hundreds or thousands of readers of that thread for a variety of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
I just thought that the moderators will be better at deciding what exceeds meaningful quotes.
By using the REPORT POST button you are drawing the moderators' attention to a specific post. We can then take a call on whether or not action needs to be taken.

Please don't hesitate to report posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
...If we could search with respect to states ( state road tax) when we are at the classifieds it would be wonderful! ( yes, we do have the zipcode...) i do feel state wise would be more helpful ! Peace!
Good point there YaeJay.

I can assure you that the new classifieds software will allow location-wise searches. Whether it will be exactly state-wide is something we are still working on, as we definitely do see the value in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Can we have sub forums in the motorsport section? ....
Thanks for the suggestion McLaren Rulez.

I see your point, but we also have to strike a fine balance between organization/sub-sections and clarity/simplicity/non-overwhelming layout.... and until a section gets to its tipping point, we will probably have to continue with it as is, without splitting it up.
Perhaps some time in the future...

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd July 2009 at 02:26.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:06   #2342
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see who are all the members viewing a particular forum as well as a particular thread at any given time. Some other sites have this feature and they seem to use the same software as TBHP. For example, this one:

Watchuseek.com | Watch Forums | On-line Watch Shopping | Horloges | Uhren | Montres | Orologio | Relojes | Relogios

Last edited by Gansan : 3rd July 2009 at 11:09.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:53   #2343
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Getting database error while modifying data in garage.

Tried 4-5 times before posting here!
Pulsar : This problem has been solved. Please try editing your garage again, and drop me a confirmation PM. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I would like to see who are all the members viewing a particular forum as well as a particular thread at any given time.
Hi Gansan,

Yes, the software does have a feature to display members viewing a particular forum as well as thread. However, for large boards, these queries can get brutal on the server. We don't see too much value in enabling this service.
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:01   #2344
BANNED

Please make sub-forums for Motorbikes section especially for Modding since nowadays most of the queries are related with Modding. Because of that General/Tech queries are getting drowned.

Also, it seems to be like that all the motorbiking enthusiasts have shifted their loyalty from xBHP after their last server crash !
Old 7th July 2009, 16:10   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Mods,I'm unable to attach any Images in any of the threads. If I click "INSERT IMAGE" button, nothing happens. What could be the issue?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:16   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Check if you have a pop-up blocker which could be blocking the pop-up window for uploading pictures.
Old 7th July 2009, 16:17   #2347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Mods,I'm unable to attach any Images in any of the threads. If I click "INSERT IMAGE" button, nothing happens. What could be the issue?
Are you trying to attach images directly by clicking on 'Insert Image'?

If yes, Please read the directions for attaching images at this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 7th July 2009, 16:36   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Check if you have a pop-up blocker which could be blocking the pop-up window for uploading pictures.
I have turned OFF pop up blocker. Moreover in the advanced option ,"MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" button is not displayed, it's just attach file & valid file attachemts description is there.I have IE 7

Last edited by sushrutha : 7th July 2009 at 16:39.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:43   #2349
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Therein lies the problem. To upload pictures, you must not use the "insert image" option.

Please follow the step-by-step guide to using the "manage attachments" window and uploading your pictures.

Quote:
it's just attach file & valid file attachemts description is there
Exactly how it ought to be
Old 8th July 2009, 11:21   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Well the problem is not just with attaching images, none of the buttons( Remove for matting , Bold, Italic underline, insert link, insert image etc)work for me.Any idea what could be the problem here ?
Old 8th July 2009, 11:37   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Well the problem is not just with attaching images, none of the buttons( Remove for matting , Bold, Italic underline, insert link, insert image etc)work for me.Any idea what could be the problem here ?
Since Team BHP uses WYSIWYG editor, sometimes the scripts don't load completely in IE. (You might notice a warning icon at the bottom left corner of the browser in this case.)
Try switching over to Firefox or Chrome and that should be able to solve the problem.
If you still want to use IE, clear all temp files and browser cache and try but eventually you will face the same problem later! I hope this helps!
Old 8th July 2009, 12:13   #2352
Senior - BHPian

@pulsar56, I have even tried with Firefox, it's still the same, None of the buttons work.I have cleared cache & temp files of IE.Yep I can see the yello warning at down left of IE(Done, but with errors)

Last edited by sushrutha : 8th July 2009 at 12:16.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:07   #2353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Please make sub-forums for Motorbikes section especially for Modding since nowadays most of the queries are related with Modding. Because of that General/Tech queries are getting drowned.

Also, it seems to be like that all the motorbiking enthusiasts have shifted their loyalty from xBHP after their last server crash !
GTO : What about my request ?
Old 10th July 2009, 03:35   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Has the site been frustratingly slow for the last few hours? Or is it just me?
Old 15th July 2009, 11:17   #2355
Team-BHP Support

How about including a
Has Attachments (yes/ no) Checkbox

in the Advanced search, search option.

Most Viewed