Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 01:41   #2401

Add more Value to Store

Hey guys ...you are doing good job. Since, our community is growing day by day, I would like to be known on streets too. Add some more stuff on your store shelves. Better bumper stickers, vinyls, graphics, accessories . T shirts with logos and slogans. Let us do some merchandise marketing guys. More of meets, clubbing, Trips and rallies e.t.c.
Old 4th August 2009, 07:46   #2402
BHPian

PM unread message icon in Sent Items folder

Dear Moderators,

When I sent a private message earlier today to another member, the message showed up in my "Sent Items" folder and the status icon showed it as a "Read Message," when it should have shown it as an "Unread Message." It should have shown the "unread" icon because at the time of delivery, the member was offline so there was no way for them to have read the message. I tested it again a few minutes ago with the same member and the outcome is the same.
I wonder if this error is due to the fact that the receiving member is still under "newbie" status with a post count of three.

Please try to duplicate the problem to ascertain whether the problem is only with my account or with all teambhp accounts, and let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Dose
Old 4th August 2009, 08:12   #2403
Senior - BHPian

I'd like to see more ways to give popularity to the brand 'team bhp'. drives . rally's, challenges, treasure hunts, of course with the attached paraphernalia like banners, T-shirts, caps . teambhp branded gifts. the likes.
maybe we can also work upon the idea of a team bhp drag race. we've got all the people right here. racers, tuners, organisers, audience et all.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 4th August 2009 at 08:13.
Old 4th August 2009, 19:15   #2404
BHPian

Over the last few pages of this thread I have seen a lot of same ideas being requested which are already planned as a part of future upgrade.
How about updating the first post of this thread/a new thread editable only by mod team with the Future roadmap of Team-BHP where all the features planned can be listed. Also maybe if feasible the Mod/Development team can put tentative dates for the features to be rolled out.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:47   #2405
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Can you split the Insurance thread from Loan's as those two subjects are totally different then each other. For Insurance people has to go to Insurance companies and for other one has to go to Banks and etc.
Hi RJVora, please use the "report this post to a moderator" feature for the exact thread / post in question. The Mod Team will review your suggestion and act accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
'Thank you' feature:
Downloaded & currently being checked. Thanks. I agree with your reasoning behind the implementation of this hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
What can't we have a few threads detailing procedures for car maintenance under a heading “car maintenance”. It will about everything regarding car maintenance or rather how one can do it.
Done. We will introduce a new Advice section in the next quarter. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
The feature to just view just the photos in a thread is very useful.I am not sure if the Photos are currently sorted in which order. Will it be possible to sort it in a way that the recently posted photos comes first in the list?
List shows in the order of upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Not sure if this was posted here - can you bring the "Manage Attachments" & "Preview" features on the "Quick Reply" section?

Got to "Advanced" just to post the pictures and preview the response.. just a thought
Considering that 1 in a 100 posts have attachments, we think it's too small a number to warrant a modification, and additional real estate, on the webpage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Mods,
I know you'll are revamping the classified section. Here's one more suggestion about that: When a car is sold, and SOLD appears in RED in the column, let the price also be mentioned. So atleast future buyers for a similar model have an idea to the approx price the car was sold at.
Thanks. Added

Quote:
On the same lines of Tejas about Classifieds section.. can you also add a "Comments" or "Queries" box to every listing? What if an interested buyer has some questions about it and wants to know more, also it can help other future viewers of the listing if they have the same query?
Will try to work out a way in which sellers can choose to selectively display comments (a la ebay).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
heres what I'd love to see. A download section. We've got some awesome Pix doing the rounds in various threads and many of them are wallpaper material. If you guys can , with permission of the person posting it, put a copy in downloads sections it'll be the best I can look for. For eg, the Amby's photo taken and post processed (I'm guessing it is PP'd) by Rudra Sen is one of the best images ever and I'd like to put it up as wallpaper.
Think about it. I'm not keen on asking for videos though coz Youtube has more or less every damn video ever in the internet.
Wait & watch

Quote:
Not sure if this was suggested earlier! I was wondering if you guys can add "Invite" option for all the users? This feature can help members to invite their friends, colleagues etc to join this forum! This way the forum can get more members.
The best way to do it at the moment, and a focussed one at that, is to email a particular thread to your friend...one that you know is of interest to your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
after seeing the real names thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...eal-names.html
I wonder if a "real name" field could be added to the profile for those of us who dont mind disclosing it.
Greenhorn, you won't believe the number of people who have put in their real names on that thread, only to request a post deletion at a later stage (not that requests were approved). The internet is too "open" a medium for such a user profile field. We don't think this move will go down too well with members, existing & new alike. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I would like to see a better "Attachments" page (the one which opens when you click the attachment icon for any thread).
Watch out for a photo gallery, Gandhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Holeshot View Post
Add some more stuff on your store shelves. Better bumper stickers, vinyls, graphics, accessories . T shirts with logos and slogans.
Better bumper stickers I think our current range is the BEST! Other stuff is in the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Dear Moderators,

When I sent a private message earlier today to another member, the message showed up in my "Sent Items" folder and the status icon showed it as a "Read Message," when it should have shown it as an "Unread Message."
1. Are you sure it didn't show as "read", as in not new, by you? When you request a read receipt, a PM notification will be received once the receipient opens your message.

2. Was it send to a Mod? We can deny read receipt requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
maybe we can also work upon the idea of a team bhp drag race. we've got all the people right here. racers, tuners, organisers, audience et all.
At this time, Team-BHP doesn't want to associate itself with drag races. Track races? Probably. But there's enough online stuff to keep our hands full at the moment.

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2009 at 17:57.
Old 5th August 2009, 18:51   #2406
BHPian

Hi
Isnt it time punto was added under Fiat in the drop down menu for test drives?
Old 5th August 2009, 19:28   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

At this time, Team-BHP doesn't want to associate itself with drag races. Track races? Probably. But there's enough online stuff to keep our hands full at the moment.
appreciated. I can see the reasoning behind the "staying away from drag races " bit. I guess a track race is a nice idea. It'll be a mega event and mega brand building exercise. Can't wait for it.!!
Old 7th August 2009, 00:59   #2408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
....in my "Sent Items" folder and the status icon showed it as a "Read Message," ...
Dose,

All messages in your sent folder will show up as "read". It shows that it was read (by you - since you wrote it!) - similar to the way inbox messages are marked.

If you want to see if a member has read your PM, you need to use read receipts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Hi
Isnt it time punto was added under Fiat in the drop down menu for test drives?
It will be added as soon as enough ownership surveys are collected and the data is compiled and readied into the review format.

cya
R
Old 7th August 2009, 11:38   #2409
BHPian

Quite a few people complaining that there user accounts have not been activated since quite some time team-bhp account activation - TechEnclave

Not sure why. My account was activated in less than 24hrs.
Quite possible that mods see some reason for not activating user accounts.
If so, may be an option to update the reason for not activating accounts can be communicated to such users.

Regards,
Old 7th August 2009, 11:44   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Greenhorn, you won't believe the number of people who have put in their real names on that thread, only to request a post deletion at a later stage (not that requests were approved). The internet is too "open" a medium for such a user profile field. We don't think this move will go down too well with members, existing & new alike. Period.
Having such a field would only make it easier for members to manage their contact info. It would also make it more accessible to others. And as long as it is not mandatory, i dont think members who wish to remain anonymous ( such as myself) wont have a problem with it.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:49   #2411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Quite possible that mods see some reason for not activating user accounts.
If so, may be an option to update the reason for not activating accounts can be communicated to such users.
Amohit,

We have very recently made some system changes to ensure that all users are definitely notified regarding their membership approval/denial from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Having such a field would only make it easier for members to manage their contact info. It would also make it more accessible to others. And as long as it is not mandatory, i dont think members who wish to remain anonymous ( such as myself) wont have a problem with it.
Hmm. I agree with you here, in the sense that :
1) It should be an optional feild
2) Members can remove the info by themselves whenever they want (therefore eliminating the requests the suport team gets to "remove real name from thread")
3) Easier to see a memebers name in their profile vs finding/searching that thread.
4) User profiles aren't visible to search engines and newbies.

However, on the disadvantages side of things :
1) One more field to fill up during registration!
2) You'd be suprised on average how many people might not notice the "optional" part and object!
3) The possibility of a later (required) change to make profiles visible to search engines could cause privacy issues.

cya
R
Old 7th August 2009, 17:43   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Suggestion: When a new user registers , he does get an automated mail informing him/her that his application is subject to review , Great , one more line indicating that it would take 10+ days would help , IMHO.

My first application got rejected , for either incorrect grammar or the justification for joining being too small. Could that be narrowed down. Again this is just a suggestion , I do understand that it would be difficult to narrow it down further , but then again , If wishes were coins , Beggars would be rich.
Re-Posting for review.

Aint I pushy kinds.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:05   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
but then again , If wishes were coins , Beggars would be rich.
  1. Most Beggars are.
  2. Avoid over-punctuating
    1. Commas: Extended Rules for Using Commas - The OWL at Purdue
    2. Rules for Comma Usage
Old 20th August 2009, 10:49   #2414
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Not sure if its been posted before, but are a few suggestions from my end.

1. Why not categorize the TBHP reviews section by manufacturer name.
For eg, test drive & initial reports thread can have subsections stating Hyundai/GM/Honda etc. This way, if a person wants to check for a ANHC, he can directly go to the Honda sub forum. Prevents clutter this way. Right now, its tough to find any reviews unless you are looking for a Linea/Punto . We can have a separate subsection for comparisons between cars?

2. Can we have an advanced settings for new posts please? For eg, can we select what sections ought to be searched for new posts? This would be a big boon to all those who use the new posts tab. Right now I just have to skip through most of the threads from certain sections. New posts throws up miles of pages of unwanted threads. For eg in a page if the search throws up 20 titles, I read about 3-4. The rest are mostly from sections I never read.

3. Can we have a system where we can assign certain keywords and threads starting with those keywords can be omitted from the new posts search? For eg, if I key in Linea/Punto, all threads having the title with either of these names does not return a hit on your new posts.

4. Another important feature not many people use is the Ignore list. If you don't like posts from a certain user, just add them to the ignore list and you wont see posts from that person appearing anywhere. I think something similar could be applied to omitting certain threads?

5. We could do with a "like" tab we have on FB.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 20th August 2009 at 10:50.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:08   #2415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

2. Can we have an advanced settings for new posts please? For eg, can we select what sections ought to be searched for new posts? This would be a big boon to all those who use the new posts tab. Right now I just have to skip through most of the threads from certain sections. New posts throws up miles of pages of unwanted threads. For eg in a page if the search throws up 20 titles, I read about 3-4. The rest are mostly from sections I never read..
In the Control panel you can exclude certain sections from search

Most Viewed