Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:14   #2491
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What do you think the "report bad post" link is for?
I meant a thread where members can discuss some complaints and see the support staff's views on it "publicly".
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:27   #2492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I meant a thread where members can discuss some complaints and see the support staff's views on it "publicly".
As clearly stated, we do not discussion moderation activities publicly, nor do we tolerate criticism in public. However, we will listen to all views/ issues/ cribs/ complaints off line - using the "report bad post" link.

A public complaint discussion board will lead to lots of precise indirect attacks as also a tool for certain individuals to be seen to attack other and look good as a "revolutionary".

Let me state that Team-bhp is neither democractic nor despotic. We need to be strict and focussed especially with the volume of users hence coping with mob heresay is not a value add. Responding to a valid complaint based on fact is!
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:37   #2493
BHPian

i'd agree with ajmat - a thread or section on how tbhp needs to be moderated may seem for the good but it is going to cause a lot of headaches for the moderators as they will have to negotiate and make their stance clear to 100s of people on each n every stance they take.
Old 4th October 2009, 13:07   #2494
Team-BHP Support

not a suggestion but thanks. our mods really are very efficient.
Old 4th October 2009, 22:19   #2495
BHPian

We all see threads about instances of cheating/overcharging/etc at A.S.S. all the time.

Maybe we should just focus on the good guys (the ones who charge fairly) and form a directory of "honest" A.S.S centers (just like we have a tuners directory).

That way, the good guys get highlighted and we all benefit from having a ready reckoner on the best place to get a particular vehicle serviced. I'm sure we can come up with objective criteria on how a particular A.S.S gets on the list.

PS: duplicate of my post on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1514155
Old 8th October 2009, 14:47   #2496

A Forum for Updates on Road Conditions?

Hi All,

This is my second post (first one introducing myself).

I've been searching tBHP for anything and everything related to my car and most of all travels/touring. One thing I found curious and surprising was the fact that no matter when you search, you don't seem to find the latest road conditions (latest being a week or a couple weeks old). My recent search (today) was on the latest road condition between bangalore and madurai and its infamous four-lane-construction-redirection which makes to drive on the wrong side for a stretch. The most recent I found was not from tBHP (surprisingly) but an external blog (thanks to Gerald) here dated September 8, 2009.

Was wondering if having a forum (like travelogues, street experiences, route/travel query) named route updates will help. Right now, the helpful contributors of the tBHP post their latest updates on threads which started on travelogue or reply to one started on these three sub forums. This much needed information must IMHO be available more directly instead of having to search the forum(s) extensively.

I was thinking 'hey, if I can search the updates for my route in a separate forum and zeroed in thread, that would be awesome'....

What does the community think???? (imagine me sitting like the thinking man monolith ... of course with my clothes on )

And I'm very new to posting in tBHP and please excuse if I sound complaining.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:46   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Timeout period reduced?

Hello Mods,

Have you recently reduced the "timeout" period before it automatically logs you out of the forum? Previously, I used to stay logged on for a longer period of time without any inactivity but that has changed. (Atleast I think so). This was especially better since I log into a virtual machine at work and cannot often keep logging back into the forum.

Help?
Old 8th October 2009, 21:01   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinthrk View Post
Hi All,

. One thing I found curious and surprising was the fact that no matter when you search, you don't seem to find the latest road conditions (latest being a week or a couple weeks old)..
T-BHP is not maintaining any updates about the road conditions and it is only that members if they travelled on that road they post there experience.

Just in case if you see the Mangalore route condition, it is somewhat updated weekly as the members travel on that road very frequently.

The National & State Governments itself do not know how the road condition is, how do you expect the forum to know about the road conditions and update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hello Mods,

Have you recently reduced the "timeout" period before it automatically logs you out of the forum? Previously, Help?
Naveen i guess you have forgotten to tick the option Save password, i guess there is no such timeout period set on the forum.

Do try by enabling SAVE password option and logging in again.

Last edited by gowda79 : 8th October 2009 at 21:05.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:36   #2499
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Is there a provision to delete pics posted on a thread at a later stage? I mean, is it possible to delete some of the pics I may no longer want to share using the "attachments" section from the UserCP?
Old 9th October 2009, 09:15   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Is there a provision to delete pics posted on a thread at a later stage? I mean, is it possible to delete some of the pics I may no longer want to share using the "attachments" section from the UserCP?
Rahul, as per my knowledge and read it somewhere on the forum's rule section saying that once the pictures posted cannot be deleted until and unless the T-BHP finds it useless for the Forum.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:34   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Its great to see all latest cars changing on the header everytime we refresh the page. While Nanos and Puntos are dazzling there, why we can't see Mitsubishi Cedia Sports there..? Would the mods add Cedia Sports there..? A request from Cedizens. Please?
Old 9th October 2009, 09:49   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Its great to see all latest cars changing on the header everytime we refresh the page. While Nanos and Puntos are dazzling there, why we can't see Mitsubishi Cedia Sports there..? Would the mods add Cedia Sports there..? A request from Cedizens. Please?
Raja sir, discussion is already going on here please do put your suggestions here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ges-added.html
Old 9th October 2009, 14:10   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Instead of closing the New thread why don't we merge it with the OLD thread which has been opened by a member without knowing the existence of Old Thread on same Topic.

It makes simpler for other members also so that they do not open the closed thread to know the reason why it is closed.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:11   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Thats Raghu.. Gone there, posted my wish too...
Old 9th October 2009, 14:13   #2505

Raghu,

Quote:
T-BHP is not maintaining any updates about the road conditions and it is only that members if they travelled on that road they post there experience.
Sorry if I miscommunicated. I meant it to be updated by members and not TBHP nucleus itself.

Quote:
Just in case if you see the Mangalore route condition, it is somewhat updated weekly as the members travel on that road very frequently.
That's great. But I guess they are there as part of some other thread with some other topic. What I proposed was something on these lines:

1. Create a forum 'Route Updates' under Street and Travel Experiences.
2. Let's say you gave your recent travelogue to Madurai (if I'm right) in Travelogue section, then in this forum, open a thread 'Bangalore-Madurai'.
3. Right a post with the road conditions, redirection points, tolls etc.
4. Let's say I travel next week (which I'm gonna do). On my return, I'll write a post in the thread opened by you (you are me or Dippy opened the thread, that's irrelevant. Thing's I see a thread with for the route and I enter a new post in it) with the road conditions.
5. Let's say you refer this thread 3 months later. You get to the last post of this thread. You are good to go.

Advantages:

1. One doesn't have to search other forums (travelogue etc) for the update.
2. Latest entry is up-to-date (whether one week or couple weeks or couple months) and in only one thread. One doesn't have to read 10 or 15 threads to arrive at a informed conclusion about the road condition.

Quote:
The National & State Governments itself do not know how the road condition is, how do you expect the forum to know about the road conditions and update.
Still blinking as to how to answer about the Government's take the part about the forum, as in first answer, I meant it to be updated by members travelling that route (like mangalore route as you mentioned).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks