Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 16:44   #2596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Just [posted the same idea in "predict the co-bhpian car" thread. Thought this will grab more attention. HOw about pasting the photographs of all the MODS in the rules section so that all the users will know who the MODS are or atelast they can have the image of the MODS when they get any message or reply on the thread
Its there on the Portal please check Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can I suggest one thing which bothers me a lot is that I need to keep refreshing the screen to get the latest update. Can the screen (any) be made auto refreshing say every 60 secs or 120 secs or something like that.
Also is there a possibility for a pop up from team BHP website after I have logged in to inform me about a reply to my post or any replies to my thread.
Also I am unable to switch from one subforum say Indian car dealership to longterm ownership directly with the forum Team BHP reviews instead I Have to go back to the main forum and swicth subforums. It would be nice to have the subforums displayed in the header so that opening of threads would be a lot more easier instead of opening mutliple internet pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Many of agree to "ghodlur". If this can be done then as he mentioned it will help all the users.Auto refresh(yes this can be done by loading some other add-ons,but if it comes within the website then it will be great)
While auto refresh would be a server extensive exercise it would also mean un-necessary refreshing for those who dont want it.

The best way to keep a track of all the thread that you have replied to or are interested in keeping a watch is to enable Auto Subscription mode & if you do not wish to receive that many mails select "No emails" option.

Now when you login again go to user cp, you will see all the subscribed threads with latest updates.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:54   #2597
BHPian

Rehan
If you search the way it has been depicted in the screen shot(quick search), the results thrown are not ordered as per any criteria/ rank.

If there was a way to sort the results (like in excel by clicking on the heading) this could be a great feature - i have seen this feature on other forums.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:08   #2598
Senior - BHPian

Was wondering if we could have a "hall of fame" kind of thread by the Mods. The thread could include the following

- First ever thread posted on TBHP/ or First ever thread under every forum subtitle
- First Memeber who joined (apart from the core Moderator group)
- First memeber to become senior Tbhpian
- Best rated thread in each sub forum
- Most viewed thread
- Thread with most comments

Well, its just an idea, not sure if this has been discussed before, if it has been then I am sorry, and if it hasn't been then I do not know about the rest but I definitely will be happy to get such information.

Regards

Last edited by deky : 1st December 2009 at 18:09.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:13   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Thats an interesting suggestion Deky, you mean some place where one can see the different milestones of Team-Bhp.

We do have a section which is somewhat on similar lines as in it contains some of the important threads which you have mentioned.

The Collection of Best Threads Section
Old 1st December 2009, 18:20   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thats an interesting suggestion Deky, you mean some place where one can see the different milestones of Team-Bhp.

We do have a section which is somewhat on similar lines as in it contains some of the important threads which you have mentioned.

The Collection of Best Threads Section
I meant Milestones achieved by TBhp & Members, yes you have put it right. Thanks!!!

For Eg. I really want to know which was the first ever thread opened on Tbhp when it started. What were we discussing that time.
Another eg: I also would want to know which has been the most viewed thread in a particular sub forum.

Again these are my views only, Lot others might not be interested in the same.

Thanks for listening anyways.

Regards

Last edited by deky : 1st December 2009 at 18:25.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:31   #2601
Senior - BHPian

Yes I understand what you mean, lets see if we can workout something on those lines

Quote:
I also would want to know which has been the most viewed thread in a particular sub forum.
You can do this yourself, just go to a section/section & click on Views Link for sorting the list of threads as per number of views & you will know which is the most & least viewed thread.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:56   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Hi. I don't know if its just me but I cannot see the pics on Dippy's San Storm test drive thread. The first page. It says that the image doesn't exist.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:59   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hi. I don't know if its just me but I cannot see the pics on Dippy's San Storm test drive thread. The first page. It says that the image doesn't exist.
Since its an old thread
links from external image hosting websites might have expired.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:47   #2604
Team-BHP Support

People. those of you who see popups on TBHP, please search for the following file on your computer
FTAPP.DLL
If its there, it means a malware called flashtrack has been installed on your PC. This is what causes popup ads.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:06   #2605
BHPian

How about a separate section where we can start threads on A.S.S experiences exclusively for each Brand .

Considering that this is a prime consideration during and after a purchase , i think it would do well to have such an option. As of now , we are going through long term ownership reviews or complaint threads.
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:06   #2606
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this has been asked mods, but some of the gif ads that are displayed just above "New reply" are kinda well, err, flashy and managers in office are asking if I am visiting some risque sites!

Can you check the content on some of these?
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:23   #2607
Team-BHP Support

Naveen, i believe the mods are looking into this currently.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:25   #2608
BHPian

My 2 cents:
  • The ownership thread bulges a lot with congratulation, photo requests etc. Can we have dedicated button and users can click on them to say congrats or post pic? It can be like poll vote feature and we can show who are all the user who said congrats etc.
  • We have subscribe to thread, can we include subscribe to user option as well. If I have a favorite review poster I can keep an eye
  • Once I enter a thread it becomes difficult to view photos alone of that thread, need to go back to the thread list and then click on attachments. Can we include this under thread tools?
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:59   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
  • We have subscribe to thread, can we include subscribe to user option as well. If I have a favorite review poster I can keep an eye
+1. I have asked for this feature before and asking for it again. The use case here is, I don't want to miss a scoop by sidindica, a travelogue by hvkumar or a review by GTO. Makes any sense?
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:18   #2610
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
IE 8 problem with t-bhp website

I am facing issues for the last few weeks on the team bhp site.
Typically this happens when I am already on a team-bhp page. I click on an internal link & it seems to hang for a long time.
When I try to move away from the page by trying to go to another site - say click on Google on my bookmarks, I get the following message.

---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer
This window is busy.
Closing this window might cause some problems.
Do you want to close it anyway?
OK Cancel

I am using IE8 on XP - anyone else face this issue. I have faced this very frequently in the last few weeks.

Most Viewed