Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:34   #2611
BANNED

I don't remember when i used IE last time .. Its a browser which always gives headache to you.

Switch on to a lighter and faster one like Google Chrome or if you like add-on go for Fire Fox
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:05   #2612
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I don't remember when i used IE last time .. Its a browser which always gives headache to you.

Switch on to a lighter and faster one like Google Chrome or if you like add-on go for Fire Fox

I really like IE8. I also have chrome, K-Meleon & Firefox installed but I use only
IE8 mostly. I just got the Message again on IE8 for team-bhp User Control Panel site which I accessed through the bookmarks.

I haven't faced any issues on IE8 with any other site - so this is more likely a t-bhp issue rather than an IE8 issue.

Another thing - my original message was moved to this thread - I had created a separate thread I think.
Normally I get an automatic message that my post was moved, but this time I didn't get one!
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:15   #2613
BHPian

irritating popups

i dont no whether this post will get me an infraction or no,
but i honestly find these popups damn irritating, and they popup right in the centre of the screen,
maybe if more bhpians feel the same our moderators might look into this info
just my 5 paise
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:18   #2614
BHPian

If you use firefox, download the extension AdBlockPlus and the issue should get resolved
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:21   #2615
BHPian

+1.

For me Firefox does the duty of Blocking these pop ups.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:24   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
i dont no whether this post will get me an infraction or no,
but i honestly find these popups damn irritating, and they popup right in the centre of the screen,
maybe if more bhpians feel the same our moderators might look into this info
just my 5 paise
ANSWER FOR YOUR QUESTION BELOW -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
People. those of you who see popups on TBHP, please search for the following file on your computer
FTAPP.DLL
If its there, it means a malware called flashtrack has been installed on your PC. This is what causes popup ads.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:51   #2617
Senior - BHPian

+1 for Firefox. Look no further!
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:04   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
People. those of you who see popups on TBHP, please search for the following file on your computer
FTAPP.DLL
If its there, it means a malware called flashtrack has been installed on your PC. This is what causes popup ads.
I couldn't find this file on my computer and I am still getting these irritating popups. I wonder where is the forum heading towards.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:16   #2619
Senior - BHPian

i don't know if this has been address or not. MODS if it is adressed please delete this post. I had a request. For ex. In travelouges if a common section is made for different places then it will be easy for people to go through. For ex. Many people have gone to LEH,LADAKH,KULU MANALI and in south OOTY,KODAI,MUNNAR etc. If all these travelouges be arranged in these section it would be wonderful for many users. For ex if a person is looking for some details in ooty then he can check the heading otty and wooolaaa all the threads related to ooty will be displayed. Like wise for other places(common places and tarvelouges where our BHPians have visted most)also to be grouped under their heading. Can this be done???
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:48   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
My 2 cents:
  • The ownership thread bulges a lot with congratulation, photo requests etc. Can we have dedicated button and users can click on them to say congrats or post pic? It can be like poll vote feature and we can show who are all the user who said congrats etc.
  • We have subscribe to thread, can we include subscribe to user option as well. If I have a favorite review poster I can keep an eye
  • Once I enter a thread it becomes difficult to view photos alone of that thread, need to go back to the thread list and then click on attachments. Can we include this under thread tools?
One more cent:
  • Allow Posts to be tagged, so we can have tag clouds so that search can be easier. E:g CEDIA SPORTS
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:00   #2621
Team-BHP Support

REGARDING THE POP-UP / FULL-PAGE ADS

We can assure you that we will prevent all pop-up or full page ads on Team-BHP as soon as possible.

Please bear with us for the moment as some elements of the ad-delivery system have very recently been changed and are not yet optimally configured.

So please hang in there till this change takes effect.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd December 2009 at 19:01.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:23   #2622

For all those who are having a hard time with the pop-ups, I would suggest you to use "Opera". It is a very good browser and is very easy to use. Security wise too it has proved to be a good browser. And it is FAST. And to top it up,it is FREE.

You can just go to Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download and download the latest version as per your OS.

And if you do not like it, you can always uninstall it. I tried it once some 8 years back and have not gone to back to any other browser. Give it a try.
Old 4th December 2009, 08:52   #2623
BHPian

Request for a Politics/Bully Pulpit Section

Almost every major forum out there, including i think every car forum, has a politics/bully pulpit section in their OT section. I think we need one too!
Old 4th December 2009, 19:34   #2624
BHPian

Could the mods be a little relaxing in accepting new members? My colleague's request was turned down thrice. He was seriously looking for advice to buy a new car. He bought the ANHC. He was disappointed he couldnt get any mileage from here.
Current stats on the homepage is 429 members and 4K+ guests. i.e 90%+ non member usage. I feel a lot of people are waiting on the fence to join in
Old 5th December 2009, 13:25   #2625
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Can the mods update the test drives section? Some cars, like the Laura for instance, haven't been updated in a long time. We have two or three owners of the new Laura so I'm sure there's enough data.

Most Viewed