Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 16:52   #2641
lsp
BHPian

1) Wear seat belts.
Adults and children. No second thoughts to this rule. No exemptions. Period. Even if you are gonna be driving for only 100 mtrs. I've witnessed an accident where a guy just pulled out of his house to take his dogs for a stroll in the park in an Alto and a NHC banged into him. The dogs got hurt badly as compared to the guy.

2) Dont use cell phones while driving.
Pull over, engage the hazard lights and talk to your hearts content. I see mostly educated drivers committing this crime. If I see someone talking on their phone I try to stay away from them. And NO, Bluetooth, handsfree and putting the phone on loudspeaker are not acceptable workarounds.

3) Dont eat while driving.
I've seen people eating burger, pizza, rolls, paranthas while driving. Car is meant for traveling not for eating.

4) Keep your eyes on the road.
Not at the hot babe in the next car, not at the couple who are making good use of whatever little privacy their car offers and not at the modded beauty (I know this one is really hard). Don't look back at the passengers in your car while talking to them.

5) Dont loose your cool.
People will change lanes unannounced, they will cut you out, will jump red lights. they are not worth raising your blood pressure. Just remember that when a dog bites a man, the man should not bite the dog (old Indian phrase - Agar Kutta aadmi ko kate to aadmi ko kutte ko nahi kaatna chahiye)

Develop good driving habits. Happy Driving.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:02   #2642
BHPian

I have a couple of suggestions [i don't know if they have been suggested before..]

1> have a filter on every thread, where by i can set it to view posts only by the thread starter, or the like.

2> have an option to view only photos / posts with photos

3> have a mobile option... [surfing Team BHP from my phone gets mighty irritating ]
Old 7th December 2009, 17:15   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
have a mobile option... [surfing Team BHP from my phone gets mighty irritating ]
Fully agree. On the default browser in my Nokia N95 each page takes an eternity to load. Opera Mini renders the pages faster, but there's a glitch when navigating from page to page -- it often returns me to the same page despite multiple attempts. A mobile view that's data-friendly and doesn't load bells-and-whistles graphics would be nice.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:38   #2644
BHPian

Time for contributing to reducing traffic congestion and environment conservation

I feel it is time for some contribution from every individual of this forum in conserving the environment and also reducing traffic congestion in cities. I would request the moderators to introduce a separate section for car pooling in this forum and would love to see some discussions and opinions on this. The facility can be initially given to members and later can be extended. Guess with 50000 odd members and many of them active, there is more than a chance of this idea to become a success . I doo regular long distance drives in bangalore for work and i find so many cars with single drivers and i feel this concept eventhough might be on small scale would contribute to some extent in reducing the traffic congestion and also in contributing to the environment conservation. I request the moerators to kindly think about this.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:31   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Pitstop with moderators

Thanks for starting this sub-section for Senior BHPians. Hope this doesn't start mad scramble to reach 'Senior BHPian' status.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:13   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Thanks for starting this sub-section for Senior BHPians. Hope this doesn't start mad scramble to reach 'Senior BHPian' status.
sukiwa you can be assured that such a thing wouldn't happen.We have moderators with a keen eye who are on the lookout for such people posting one liners which absolutely adds no value to the forum.
I personally think this is a wonderful move on the part of the moderation team.Brings in transparency across the board and ensures that it doesn't leave a negative vibe when a member is banned. Senior bhp'ains do get a chance to find out why a particular member has been banned.

In case you find any single liners with no value add , please click on the report post icon and bring it to the notice of the moderators.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:09   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Ever since you changed from google adsense I have been getting popups on and off and quite often the page takes time to load.
Also I find the rollover ads very annoying. They roll open so often!
Old 11th December 2009, 09:19   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible for taking a printout of a thread ?
e.g. A test Drive Report or a Travelogue.

or is possible select the particular posts in a thread ?
Old 11th December 2009, 10:01   #2649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Is it possible for taking a printout of a thread ?
e.g. A test Drive Report or a Travelogue.

or is possible select the particular posts in a thread ?
Very mich possible. Click on Thread tools -> Show Printable version

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg
Old 11th December 2009, 10:07   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Very mich possible. Click on Thread tools -> Show Printable version
Thanks benbsb29, for your advice

But i see that this does not include the photgraphs or maps etc
it takes only the text from the threads.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 11th December 2009 at 10:15.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:37   #2651
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Thanks benbsb29, for your advice

But i see that this does not include the photgraphs or maps etc
it takes only the text from the threads.
Yes, i guess that was the idea intended for the printable version, ie disabling all images. Alternatively, you can copy the images seperately and print them out. I know that involves manual effort, though.

What i used to do is copy the entire text and images to a Word document, remove the images, and texts i dont require and format to my wish, then print. Manual effort in intensive, in this case.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:04   #2652
BHPian

Yet another suggestion

Mods how about including the word BHP, BHPians etc in the text. So that it is not indicated as a typo error.

Maybe within 10 years it would be added to the oxford dictionary.

cheers
Old 11th December 2009, 11:08   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post
Mods how about including the word BHP, BHPians etc in the text. So that it is not indicated as a typo error.
I think, you have to do it in your browser. You have to right click on the word and add it to dictionary (if you are using Mozilla)
Old 11th December 2009, 11:17   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I think, you have to do it in your browser. You have to right click on the word and add it to dictionary (if you are using Mozilla)
You serious!
It works .
Thanks you very much. Guess my dreams of bhpians in oxford is gone!!!!

Cheers
Old 11th December 2009, 22:40   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this error message all throughout the day whenever it tried accessing the forum.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp_malware.jpg

This page took to the other page when clicked
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp_malware2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks