Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 20:55   #2686
BHPian

How about selecting 12 best images of CARs/SUVs posted by various members on Team-BHP during 2009 & creating a 2010 Team-BHP calender. The same can be made available for download & also printed to be sold through the online store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Can we get an option to post the thread for a particular time/day/month like a draft feature in email.
I think if this feature is enabled, it would only create confusion & out of context posts in threads

@Mods, Apologise for two posts back to back. Please merge them.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th December 2009 at 22:08.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:32   #2687
BHPian

Hey guys,

Was trying to be on the site on this weekend using my phone! (Yeah lost my Data card and I was really missing the action) it is a huge task trying to read something forget about posting. dont you think there should a mobile version of the site as well.
Old 28th December 2009, 18:27   #2688
BHPian

Can we have a hot calendar for 2010? Something like the Kingfisher one. Maybe you could have some good looking cars and some hot "accessories" to add flavor to them

PS. if somebody is interested in the kingfisher 2010 calendar, pm me.
Old 1st January 2010, 21:20   #2689
Senior - BHPian

May I suggest that threads along the lines of "All xxxx owners, please post your pics here" be stopped? It serves absolutely no purpose and eventually, every model will have someone starting a similar thread. One of the posters rightly pointed this out in the Innova thread. If someone badly wants to see pics of a particular vehicle, he can very well go through the ownership threads.
Old 1st January 2010, 21:33   #2690
Senior - BHPian

Okay, on moving from the forum to the classifieds one gets automatically logged off.

Does it serve a purpose or is it a glitch?
Old 1st January 2010, 21:59   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Okay, on moving from the forum to the classifieds one gets automatically logged off.

Don't know why, I have not faced this.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:20   #2692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

This has been answered before on this thread. Check the checkbox for 'Remember me' when entering the password while logging in.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:28   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This has been answered before on this thread. Check the checkbox for 'Remember me' when entering the password while logging in.
Thanks a lot sir.
Forgot to search on that one.
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:50   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
May I suggest that threads along the lines of "All xxxx owners, please post your pics here" be stopped? It serves absolutely no purpose and eventually, every model will have someone starting a similar thread. One of the posters rightly pointed this out in the Innova thread. If someone badly wants to see pics of a particular vehicle, he can very well go through the ownership threads.
The fact that such threads run into multiple pages shows that they serve some purpose. People not interested in them will not enter the topic. The mods should not ban these threads, because they don't violate the code of conduct around here
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:54   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
The fact that such threads run into multiple pages shows that they serve some purpose. People not interested in them will not enter the topic. The mods should not ban these threads, because they don't violate the code of conduct around here
Tell me what purpose it serves apart from the owners showing off their rides? That's the only reason why it exists and runs into several pages. The garage feature is already there to display your car so another thread is a waste of space. And wait till someone starts a thread for every model and see how cluttered the Indian Car Scene sub forum will become.
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:08   #2696
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes,
but look at it from the point of view of prospective buyers.
I am sure many buyers have already seen the cars on the roads and are not interested in the pics.
However, the details in that thread is what is really useful.
While I am not a big fan of All xxx owners, your car pics here, I think that those threads, with some improvements will show great results and be very helpful.
Look at the fiesta thread. It contains all information which prospective buyers will appreciate, such as modifications, prices of modifications, some problem shooting, correct gear ratio information, etc.
The only things those threads lack is the time from the mods to compile it in a good manner, so it is easy for prospective buyers, and owners to read through, instead of having to go through hundreds and thousands of posts.
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:00   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Yes,
but look at it from the point of view of prospective buyers.
I am sure many buyers have already seen the cars on the roads and are not interested in the pics.
However, the details in that thread is what is really useful.
While I am not a big fan of All xxx owners, your car pics here, I think that those threads, with some improvements will show great results and be very helpful.
Look at the fiesta thread. It contains all information which prospective buyers will appreciate, such as modifications, prices of modifications, some problem shooting, correct gear ratio information, etc.
The only things those threads lack is the time from the mods to compile it in a good manner, so it is easy for prospective buyers, and owners to read through, instead of having to go through hundreds and thousands of posts.
Yes, the Fiesta thread is very useful and there are others like the Did you know thread for the Linea. Rather than mere pics, those threads give information which is why they are very useful to both owners and prospective owners.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:06   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This works only when using 'http' & not when using 'https' connection. One gets logged out on second click in 'classifieds' section when using 'https' (tested in IE 8 & firefox 3.5).
Old 4th January 2010, 16:39   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I agree & leaving aside the existing threads, we now do not allow Car specific meet & single ownership Threads. No two cars are same & we would rather have one thread from each owner than one thread from all owners.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:24   #2700
BHPian

Hi Team,

subject : Mass PMs

Can a user request a moderator to send a planned drive message to all the people who are living in a particular city?
If this is possible then it will help people to arrange drives easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks