Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 17:55   #2836
Team-BHP Support

Jino, no one here's doubting your intentions.

For the search method you mentioned, why wait till such a feature is available as part of the vBulletin search? You can use Google itself to search through the TBHP forum! Steps on how to go about it are mentioned in the Announcements section.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:00   #2837
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Many users (old & new) don't seem to know multi-qoute feature......Otherwise we should just update announcements section about this usage of this feature.
Thanks for the suggestion, Sukiwa. The following have been added:

a) FAQ entry

b) Pictoral Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
In the 'Search Forums' popup, if I search for i10 automatic, all the threads that have the words i10 or automatic (or both the words) are listed.
Hi Jino,

As Benbsb29 posted, you can use google search on Team-BHP itself. Alternatively, within the forum search, you should search for i10 + automatic (note the + sign).

These, and some more tips, can be found in our Search Guidelines.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:22   #2838
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO's Test Drive Threads

This is regarding the practice of discussion anything and everything about a new car in GTO's Test Drive threads (Figo, Polo, Beat etc).

We discuss (Including me) the car's features, delivery issues, insurance, tyres, alloy wheels, test drive car's accident, member's individual TD experiences etc etc everything on this thread. It becomes like a sub-form in itself. Browing through the 80+ pages of the Figo TD thread is not going to be easy for new person.

Is this acceptable or do need to do something about this?

Car specific threads are not allowed now but isn't the TD thread leaning towards that?
Old 25th March 2010, 13:19   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Kishore, when a TD thread is posted the car in question is often either yet to be available to the public or has just started bookings, in both the cases the discussion topics vary from discussing the features to after sales service to price etc etc. Since there is no ownership involved all the discussion are done under same thread, as thats all the available information .

At times we even have a separate thread on variants & prices.

In case of car specific ownership threads, each member has different experience because of various reasons like, the place, variant, his/her driving habits, Dealership experience etc etc. So we would rather have individual ownership experiences than one single big thread where searching for a specific car would become very difficult.

I hope this clears
Old 25th March 2010, 13:49   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

Technocrat, got it
Old 25th March 2010, 14:08   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Kishore, when a TD thread is posted the car in question is often either yet to be available to the public or has just started bookings, in both the cases the discussion topics vary from discussing the features to after sales service to price etc etc. Since there is no ownership involved all the discussion are done under same thread, as thats all the available information.
Can we make these test drive threads moderated? Only test drive experiences should be allowed to post in that particular thread. That should keep the thread content limited and informative and one wouldn't have to go through those hundreds of "Thanks a lot GTO for this wonderful review" posts.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:53   #2842
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Gandhi.

I think we should have just TD experiences on the thread. I have many a times been dissuaded from posting my own review out of fear that it would get lost in the gamut of discussion and thank yous.

How about a separate discussion thread?

Regards.
Old 25th March 2010, 21:03   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Hey team!

I suggest there should be more moderators for the forum 'Automotive International Scene'. There are threads which are being formed even when a similar one exists. Eg. When there's already a thread on Professionally Modified Supercars, why have individual threads for each new modified supercar?
Old 26th March 2010, 15:38   #2844
Senior - BHPian

@theragingbull- Could you please report such threads? This would help us in keeping things in check which we might miss out on as in this case. Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 17:11   #2845
Senior - BHPian

I have a question on the Hot Threads section in the home page of team-bhp.com. I would like to know on what basis do the threads get to appear in the section.

I have seen sometimes that there are threads which are discussed a lot, but they dont appear there at all. Is this populated by most number of hits or most number of Replies or most number of posts. Also some threads display name is changed compared to what name is given in the Main thread.

The reason I am specific about this is most of my new guys who log-in do not know they have to get into the Forums all they do is click on these links and see the news in that one alone.

Second point, Not sure what is the purpose of having a strip of Member Galleries displayed above the forum's main thread, neven look at it at all.

Also, can we have a seperate section where we have the mods' esp. GTO's Test drives are listed, as there are umpteen number of Test Drive threads.
Old 28th March 2010, 06:44   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Am sure someone would have said this before, but how about a live chat feature where members can chat with each other (one on one, or a broadcast chat)?
Old 30th March 2010, 14:08   #2847
Senior - BHPian

Okay, here's another one:
I see a lot of members who joined 5 years before, but have not made a single post. I think it's high time a clean-up is done (the only bad thing about this is that the projected total count of tbhp members would go down).
Old 30th March 2010, 14:23   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see a lot of members who joined 5 years before, but have not made a single post. I think it's high time a clean-up is done (the only bad thing about this is that the projected total count of tbhp members would go down).
What exactly do you mean by clean-up? Is it something like taking away membership?

Usage patterns would vary depending on personalities. Some may be passive members; meaning browsing and gathering info without going the extra mile of posting. That does not mean that they should be removed from membership.

BTW, posting in certain forums (like Shifting gears) do not count as a post. Hence many users may be active in those forums, but their post count will not increase.

IMO, a generalization cannot be made of usage from the post count.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:27   #2849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, here's another one:
I know many members who don't post but just read threads on the forum. But they are part of meets and OTRs. I would rather have people like this on the forum instead of members who continuously spam every thread with WOWs, nice, super, thank you for this glorious scoop and review!
Old 30th March 2010, 14:47   #2850
Senior - BHPian

Oh, ok. I stand corrected. I forgot the part about contributing in meets and posting in sections that do not increase the post count.
I only meant that members who do not contribute in any way should be removed (just browsing and gathering info can be done by non-members too, right?).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks