Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 15:02   #2896
Senior - BHPian

There is a weird login issue occuring over the last few weeks. I login but I am automatically logged off when I click on any of the links after login. This has happened multiple times.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:16   #2897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There is a weird login issue occuring over the last few weeks. I login but I am automatically logged off when I click on any of the links after login. This has happened multiple times.
Guess you are not using the remember password option while logging into the forum.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:27   #2898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guess you are not using the remember password option while logging into the forum.
That has got nothing to do with what I experienced. I was not clicking any classfieds link. I was being logged out every time I click a link even within the forum. I would type a reply and click on submit, but I would get logged out. Then I login again and my post would appear after a 'Thank you for login.. click proceed..' message. Luckily I did not have to re-type my posts. I kept a watch on my IP address and it was static. Some sites log you out if there is a change in IP.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:29   #2899
BHPian

First of all, I congratulate the moderators for having robust guidelines about posting and membership.

The only thing I would like to perhaps improve upon (Must have been covered earlier as well) is on photo uploads. Today's cameras have bigger sensors and megapixel game in on for quite some time. Most pictures today exceed the 1 MB limit. Could there be a system which automatically reduces file size and uploads them to the team-bhp server-something similar to facebook? That would be awesome, click and load.

It will save a bunch of time in terms of resizing, better file managment for the uploader and motivate lazybums like me to write multiple travelogue.

Cheers!
fatboyslim
Old 6th April 2010, 16:59   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That has got nothing to do with what I experienced. I was not clicking any classfieds link. I was being logged out every time I click a link even within the forum. I would type a reply and click on submit, but I would get logged out. Then I login again and my post would appear after a 'Thank you for login.. click proceed..' message. Luckily I did not have to re-type my posts. I kept a watch on my IP address and it was static. Some sites log you out if there is a change in IP.
There is nothing to do with clicking the Classifieds or IP changes, it is you need to choose the remember password option that will work for you.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:40   #2901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
There is nothing to do with clicking the Classifieds or IP changes, it is you need to choose the remember password option that will work for you.
gowda, I have never chosen the 'remember passowrd' option here and I have never been automatically logged out on clicking links till now. I am sure it has got nothing to do with that option. I have not chosen the option today and I am not getting logged out either.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:43   #2902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
i know it was mentioned earlier, but what is the reason?
Here are a random few:
1) Far from our core area of discussion
2) Very hard to moderate (volatile discussions)
3) High level of objections & interventions (therefore more work for moderators)
4) More about personal opinions than knowledge sharing
5) Very hard to keep religion out of political discussions

The list goes on and on.

Sorry, but this is just not something we are likely to have on Team-BHP. Lets not discuss it any further in the Suggestions Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Can we have a new section discussing restaurants, food joints, hotels?
At the moment i think the Shifting Gears section break-up does serve our needs.
Creating a new section or sub-section requires a lot of content + potential to grow, and a lot of thought goes into the value of the new section created, as we already have a LOT of new sections, which can be overwhelming for new visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
I observe, that, when I search at the main page, the results are so very relevant!
but the same I try to do in the forum searches, its not so.
Use the + sign between search terms to make sure all are present.
"Search in titles only" is a good tool as well.

Take a look at this guide on forum search :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...p-members.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Can we categorize classified as per the states, atleast make it medatory to have location of the item in the heading...
Will be available in the very near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Whenever I am trying to post a comment using m.teambhp.com it does not show up ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Trying to post something using BHP Mobile theme. It didn't work from my mobile,...
Thanks for letting us know. Will be looking into this.

Quote:
There is a weird login issue occuring over the last few weeks....
We've not heard any other reports of this.
Try clearing all your cookies / active logins etc in your browser and re-trying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim View Post
...Most pictures today exceed the 1 MB limit. Could there be a system which automatically reduces file size and uploads them to the team-bhp server-something similar to facebook?...
Not anytime in the near future, but hopefully sometime in the future we can enjoy the benefits of client-side resizing

For now, the next best thing is MS Photo Resizer : Read here

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2010 at 11:44.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:57   #2903
BHPian

I would like to suggest for -

1. Team BHP to remove/reduce censoring since most people on here are Adults and should be able to decide for themselves if a post is offensive, does not add any value or has excessive smileys - also will reduce the 'work' of the moderators.

2. Team BHP to transparently inform the members of the system by which Moderators are chosen, criteria based on which posts are deleted/modified/merged/removed.

There may be details on the latter (above) in the Rules section but since there is always room for variation in interpretation, I further suggest -

3. Team BHP to adopt a "Grievances addressal' thread/sub-forum wherein, members can complain/seek further clarification if they feel their posts have been wrongly deleted/modified/merged/removed or if they feel unsatisfied at the reasoning provided by the moderator.

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 7th April 2010 at 19:02.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:56   #2904
BHPian

One Suggestion for Team-Bhp :

Delete the accounts of members who have not done any activity since one year.
Old 8th April 2010, 01:00   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post

1 year is too much. I think the mods should delete accounts of members who don't post everyday.
Old 8th April 2010, 01:25   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
1 year is too much. I think the mods should delete accounts of members who don't post everyday.

Everyday? I hope you meant that tongue-in-cheek.

C'mon, this will just result in a glut of nonsense posts by members. Plus what if you went on holiday and switched off from all technology for a bit?

I think the current rules of punishing/banning members for infractions is just fine. No need to change that.

Why did this question come up anyway?

@Mods: Is having too many inactive members becoming a problem for maintaining the forum?
Old 8th April 2010, 01:42   #2907
BHPian

I think one year is ok. @gomzi : there is no problem for mods due to these inactive members but it will be good if we delete the accounts of people who are not handling there account from 1 Year. So that the users will be more alert and increase their posts on tbhp. And also it will be good for other members to find someone from that 'Members List' button.
Old 8th April 2010, 03:08   #2908
BHPian

@ MODS : So here is the list of some users who haven't used T-BHP for more than a year. There are more members but now you can find all those. I have just made your work easy !

User Name - Last Visit
!aaaoops! - 14th September 2008
#28 - 17th November 2007
$ENIGMA$ - 23rd July 2007
"mayank" - 1st May 2008
*Abhi* - 28th February 2008
-o0(Gold - 21st October 2008
.....kaush..... - 4th October 2006
.:Winae:. - 14th February 2009
.rs. - 6th January 2009
.v12 - 29th April 2006
///AMG - 27th November 2004
///////M7 - 7th October 2008
Old 8th April 2010, 10:10   #2909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

And what exactly are the value additions from this exercise?

For example, although i am a regular, for reasons which are personal, i decide to take a hiatus from the virtual world for a year. One fine day, 365 days later, i decide i want to get back to my virtual world, and head back to TBHP. I would be quite miffed if i came to know i was no longer a member just because i didnt post for a year.

For all you know, i could even be going through the forum as a guest during the hiatus period.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:37   #2910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
...1. Team BHP to remove/reduce censoring since most people on here are Adults and should be able to decide for themselves if a post is offensive, does not add any value or has excessive smileys - also will reduce the 'work' of the moderators.
A great thought - in theory.

Self- governance, rather than enforced rules.

However, the fact that there are several daily "Reported Posts" from our members pointing out posts which they feel are offensive, rude, or add 0-value just goes to show that its a little too Utopian to expect this level of quality to sustain itself without any rules or enforcement of the same.

One persons "acceptable" might not be another's, hence we need these rules to be in place to equalize things.

Quote:
...2. Team BHP to transparently inform the members of the system by which Moderators are chosen, criteria based on which posts are deleted/modified/merged/removed...
Every deletion or edit is accompanied with a "reason". However, this only goes to the member whose post the action involves - and is not broadcast to all.

Quote:
...3. Team BHP to adopt a "Grievances addressal' thread/sub-forum wherein, members can complain/seek further clarification..
Actually something like this does exist : A Pitstop with the Moderators

For those who don't have access to the above, they can always use the Report Post button or the Contact Us form.

Quote:
I can't really think of any real advantages to doing this.
Disadvantages on the other hand are quite a few.

Also, you'd be surprised how often we meet people who have Team-BHP accounts, read the forum regularly, but just haven't signed in since a very long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
@Mods: Is having too many inactive members becoming a problem for maintaining the forum?
Having inactive members doesn't cause us any issues - atleast at the moment.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks