Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 18:54   #2971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Search > Advanced Search > Find posts from >> Your last visit

Cheers,
R
Wouldn't it show me all the posts made in all the threads since my last visit? I want to know if there's a way to find posts made after my post in a particular thread. To elaborate further, let's assume there are 10,000 threads currently on TBHP. I have posted in 50 threads. Out of these 50 threads, there are 27 threads where other members have replied after my post (since my last visit). Also there are 1240 other threads in which members have posted since my last visit. The Advanced Search > Find posts from > Your last visit or the New Posts link on top would show me 17 + 1240 threads. Using the "Find more posts by the user xxx" would show me all 50 threads, with the 27 threads being flagged as having new posts. I want an option where I shall only get these 27 threads.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:44   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Wouldn't it show me all the posts made in all the threads since my last visit? I want to know if there's a way to find posts made after my post in a particular thread.
Don't tell me you don't know about the User CP page. The default view of this page shows exactly what you want IMO.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:15   #2973
Senior - BHPian

@Gandhi, if you are talking about subscribed threads, then it won't answer my query. I don't subscribe to any threads, except when I need some answers quickly and want to have an email notification every time someone replies. That's different from finding out which all your posts have got replies recently. So unless the User CP has some option where I can filter the "Find all posts by user xxx" search to only show posts with new replies, the User CP won't work for me.

The other option would be to subscribe to all the threads in which I post, but that is really not necessary.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:49   #2974
BANNED

@Honeybee, I am not very sure about your query, but if your query is finding
Quote:
"Find all posts by user xxx"
You can view the user's public profile and there is an option to Find all posts by user xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee
The other option would be to subscribe to all the threads in which I post, but that is really not necessary.
This is what exactly shows in "User CP"
Old 29th April 2010, 23:20   #2975
Senior - BHPian

Ranjan,

I am not interested to simply find all my own posts. I am only interested in finding those posts where people have posted replies after me. I have already given an elaboration above. Let me give another scenario:

I have made several posts in this thread: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians. I have made several posts in the thread: Accident Pics in India. I have made several posts in the thread: Swapping a Santro for a Fiat Palio. In each of these threads, after my last post, some other members have posted comments/replies etc. Let's call these threads Live.

I have also made several posts in the thread: Correct Tyre Pressure, or in the thread: Cleaning the Fuel Tank, where no activity has occurred since my last visit. Let's call these threads Dead.

If I search all my own posts, I see all my posts in both Live and Dead threads. I only want to see posts from the Live threads, because the Dead threads have had no activity and I am not interested in going back to them.

If I search New Posts or the Advanced Search > ... option, I see all the posts in all the threads which have happened after my last visit. This includes threads in which I haven't posted, for e.g. DIY threads, or threads on the ICE systems. Again I am not interested to know what people have posted here, because I haven't posted anything in these threads.

So what I need is an option that will only show my posts in the Live threads, so I can quickly pick up the relevant happenings.

Going one step further, this view could be thread-wise and not post-wise. So an option that says "View all threads you have posted in and have been active since your last visit". This way even if I have posted 12 posts in the Suggestions for Team-BHP thread, I shall only see one entry for this thread, not 12 entries per post.

Hope I am clear.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:03   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If I search all my own posts, I see all my posts in both Live and Dead threads. I only want to see posts from the Live threads, because the Dead threads have had no activity and I am not interested in going back to them.
That's precisely what User CP page is. I think what you are missing is the fact that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you post to. So the User CP page will show only those threads where there has been any activity in your subscribed threads (explicitly subscribed + those where you have posted something). It will not show the threads which are dead by your definition. If you are not interested in any of the subscribed threads anymore, just unsubscribe to it.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:11   #2977
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to search the users database for a particular car? For example, if i want to find out who all have listed "OHC" or "City" in their "My Car" section, can i do that?
Old 30th April 2010, 10:30   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Is it possible to search the users database for a particular car? For example, if i want to find out who all have listed "OHC" or "City" in their "My Car" section, can i do that?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search
Old 30th April 2010, 10:34   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
O right, thanks!
didnt see the search members link on the right.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:45   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
That's precisely what User CP page is. I think what you are missing is the fact that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you post to. So the User CP page will show only those threads where there has been any activity in your subscribed threads (explicitly subscribed + those where you have posted something). It will not show the threads which are dead by your definition. If you are not interested in any of the subscribed threads anymore, just unsubscribe to it.
I am not automatically subscribed to the threads I post in. I believe this is a setting that you can turn ON or OFF. I have it set to OFF.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:52   #2981
Senior - BHPian

The site has been extremely sluggish after I logged in around 5 pm. I am pretty sure it's not my internet connection or the browser. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it.
Old 30th April 2010, 21:09   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The site has been extremely sluggish after I logged in around 5 pm. I am pretty sure it's not my internet connection or the browser. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it.

Been experiencing it since yesterday.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:25   #2983
BANNED

Quote:
When I put in my username and pwd the page goes blank. I have to refresh, and again put username and password then login.
Old 1st May 2010, 17:51   #2984
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Several Indian ISPs are experiencing connectivity issues, due to the current undersea cable repairs. Team-BHP is hosted internationally, thus...

Completion of repairs is expected anytime now (according to Tata Internet).
Old 2nd May 2010, 10:35   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Several Indian ISPs are experiencing connectivity issues, due to the current undersea cable repairs. Team-BHP is hosted internationally, thus...

Completion of repairs is expected anytime now (according to Tata Internet).
The Cables were expected to get repaired on 28th april but couldn,t be due to weather conditions .. ships are already in the sea ...but still , it shudn,t affect anybody as traffic is being diverted to alternate path via singapore ..

Most Viewed