Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 20:14   #3031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What makes you post that david? As far as the topics are relevant and appropriate for the discussions for an "Automotive Forum" which we are, i don't think anyone from mod team or members (Report post) will object.

When it comes to sensitive topics and offtopic discussions, we do prefer to keep it off the forum. Since it doesn't really add value and most often becomes a general chit/chat and sometimes even gets into "dangerous uninformed advices", which we as an Automotive forum wouldn't like to be associated with.
Jaggu, my post had nothing to do with the one i had messaged you about. Its just something i was wondering about. If I'm out of line, i apologize.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:29   #3032
Team-BHP Support

Ok then you don't need to have any such worries, coz if you click on New posts you will see many replies/threads created by New members. Sometime more than what old members post
Old 28th May 2010, 20:32   #3033
Senior - BHPian

david, (while I'm not suggesting that you aim to get one ) an infraction or a deleted post, or at worst, (dare I say it) getting banned is not the end of the world.
If you have a doubt, or something to add, go ahead. Just think, as you yourself have said, if it adds anything of value to anyone.

And as always , search
before starting a new thread , or posting in an unrelated one

And even if you do end up missing it while you search, someone will make sure that your post ends up at the right place.

Last edited by greenhorn : 28th May 2010 at 20:33.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:09   #3034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.mcgreggor View Post
Do any of the other newbies find team-bhp as intimidating as I do? To be honest, I'm quite mortified to ask a question for the fear that it will not be approved.
I have noticed this with a couple of colleagues too, who just browse the forum and never really do post/reply. While this may keep the forum clean, dont you think it will also decrease the amount of information that is shared on the site?

Maybe I'm the only one, maybe I'm not, lets see...

No disrespect to the mods (before i get kicked out), i know you guys are just trying to keep the forum clean and non-repetitive.
Welcome to team-bhp David

As long as your (and your friends queries) are relevant to the discussion, or their posts add value to the forum; you should have no fear. Yes, you may not always land up at the right place always, but we are here to correct that. In fact, even the regular members here help us by using the "report post" functionality.

So I would request you to just take a second to think before posting; and more importantly, if we edit / delete / move your post, please do not take it personally. Hoping to see you around
Old 28th May 2010, 22:47   #3035

thanks jaggu, eddy and greenhorn
i hope there are no hard feelings, i was just wondering if anyone else felt what we felt.. i'v been trolling the forums for about 3 years now, just started posting of late.. the others will take some coaxing, maybe your posts will convince them to be more active on the forum

Jaggu, eddy, id loved reading your posts on your swifts, and greenhorn your signature is just godam priceless
Old 29th May 2010, 07:53   #3036
Distinguished - BHPian

David, hope your doubts have been cleared now. It is not about controlling as much as it is about maintaining a consistency on the forum.

A simple example is words like "godam" are not allowed. Pls use simple English - it cant get simpler than that, does it ?
Old 29th May 2010, 15:34   #3037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pls use simple English
Sorry, condor, but I have to have a giggle at that!
Old 29th May 2010, 15:40   #3038
BHPian

In case I would Like to see only the attachments of a particular thread, can we have it arranged, like the way I can view all the attachments in Gmail?
Old 29th May 2010, 16:50   #3039
Senior - BHPian

An official non-automotive travelogue section please

I am a regular user of the travelogue section of team-bhp. And travelogue on an automotive forum, I would have thought, would mean at least an automotive travelogue if not a self-drive travelogue.
However, I find lot of the travelogues of late have got nothing to do with automotive travel - they are plain and simple vanilla travel to a particular place. While it is nice to expand the meaning of "travelogue" and include everything that's there to it (including boring accounts of official trips to boring places), it will be nicer to have some kind of seggregation.
Can we have a separate section for this kind of " non-automotive travelogue" (like we have an official thread called non-automotive photography section)?
Please give it a serious thought.
Sudipto
Old 29th May 2010, 17:57   #3040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
In case I would Like to see only the attachments of a particular thread, can we have it arranged, like the way I can view all the attachments in Gmail?
You can view a list of the attachments in a thread (there's a tiny, tiny paperclip icon to click on). I wonder what use this is, and if it could be converted to view the attachments?

(Having said that, I have a nagging feeling that the functionality does exist --- but I can't remember where to access it)
Old 29th May 2010, 22:21   #3041
BHPian

I have tried that, but the whole process entails a whole lot of keystrokes,
> Step 1. click the link
> Step 2. It will open a mini browser
> Step 3. This mini browser has all the attachments listed
> Step 4. I then chose a link / attachment, which will open in the main browser, where I am viewing the T-BHP site.
> Step 5.Once the attachment opens I come to now, if this is what I wanted to see
> Step 6. if not then, repeat.

All I am suggesting, need a tweak the back-end, and the front-end would show all the attachments in one scroll down view. and then I can enlarge any one I would Like to see.

This is not an easy tweak, as it will need to collate thru multiple posts. The only solution will be to have that tweak at the upload stage.
Old 30th May 2010, 19:46   #3042
Senior - BHPian

One suggestion i want to make is a separate section for all the detailed test drive thread, it will give more accessibility to the users and will look much better. otherwise the test drive threads just get lost after a while, and i think now we have enough test drives
Old 30th May 2010, 22:02   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

I have a request, everytime I click on the attachments icon near the thread I only see the names of the .bmp and .jpg. Instead if we have a thumbnail sort of view that would help.

For e.g. in case if the thread is scoop pics of Vento, there are lots of pics when I click the attachment link I would prefer to have a thumbnail view of the same.

Moreover, I am yet to get a response on this point I made long back. Which I have attached below
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Know your mods posts have become pretty much outdated now. Request the mods to update the thread (if possible) with what thier current profession is along with thier pics..
Old 31st May 2010, 07:01   #3044
BANNED

Hi Mods,

I think I have a genuine suggestion.

The "Long-Term Ownership Reviews" somewhere is difficult to follow, and looses it's purpose with the comments of other members.

For E.g - A Person want to buy a car and want to see ownership reviews, but after few pages he looses track and patience and interest. So the purpose is not served good enough.

Again, just a thought, may sound funny too
Old 1st June 2010, 11:18   #3045
BHPian

Subscribed threads using RSS

I want to be able to read my subscribed threads using RSS much like we have for newly created threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks