Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 19:17   #3091
BHPian

w.r.t the watermarks, is it possible to add the pixels with watermark to the picture uploaded at the top or bottom?

Also, in mobile skin, the "Mark Forum as Read" is too close..just below the page numbers...lot of time it gets activated on my iPhone...can the placement of the same be changed?
Old 14th June 2010, 19:20   #3092
BHPian

+1
Even i am facing the same problem.
Please Change the placement of the 'mark forums read' button asap.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:22   #3093
Senior - BHPian

Watermarks

Before I became addicted to TBHP, I was frequent to Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News . It's a global hub for professional photography of airliners, airports and related infrastructure. They've watermark option for the pics uploaded. Few examples:
Photos: Airbus A380-842 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
Photos: Airbus A380-841 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
Old 14th June 2010, 22:53   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Before I became addicted to TBHP, I was frequent to Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News . It's a global hub for professional photography of airliners, airports and related infrastructure. They've watermark option for the pics uploaded. Few examples:
Photos: Airbus A380-842 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
Photos: Airbus A380-841 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
Exactly what I was talking about! Though not sure if the BB will support this and do it automatically.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:24   #3095
BHPian

This might be a newbie-specific question:

How do I know if my post on a particular thread has been approved by the moderator team? My default option is set to subscribe to any thread that I have posted in. As soon as I post, I can see that others have posted (thanks to the mail notification that others have replied) but I can't see my own post on some of those threads.

This isn't an issue per se but something that probably worries only the newbies
Old 17th June 2010, 09:12   #3096
Senior - BHPian

Sorting functionality in Classifieds section

Is it possible to sort the classifieds on the location coz presently I have an option to sort by zip code even then the zip code does not appear anywhere in the sorted list. Request to mods to add an column for the location so that easy sorting can be done.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:08   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I would really appreciate if the mobile interface for T-BHP is integrated using the tapatalk plugin. It only requires the installation of a .dll file on the server and provides a nice and fast interface for browsing the forums on a mobile device and is free. This system is already up and running on the Indian site erodov.com and works well. Will make keeping in touch with our favourite site so much easier.
bump for this feature , makes forum browsing easier from mobile.

more information Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF
Old 19th June 2010, 16:20   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is it possible to sort the classifieds on the location coz presently I have an option to sort by zip code even then the zip code does not appear anywhere in the sorted list. Request to mods to add an column for the location so that easy sorting can be done.
+1
It would be a boon to see listings only from ones city. Perhaps a multisort feature wherein it sorts by "city" & then "most recent"
Old 19th June 2010, 19:12   #3099
BANNED

Mods,
Can others, say brother, post in Team-Bhp using my id?
Old 19th June 2010, 19:41   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
Mods,
If you give him your user-id and password, yes he can .
Old 19th June 2010, 19:42   #3101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
If you give him your user-id and password, yes he can .
LOL. All I wanted to know is that is it legal according to the rules of Team Bhp? Practically its not allowed as the other person might not know the rules.

But some Bhpians have been openly doing this before. Hence the doubt.

Last edited by FiatMyLife : 19th June 2010 at 19:44.
Old 19th June 2010, 20:58   #3102
BANNED

IMHO, repetitive queries do decrease value of this forum. It is always a good thing to do a search before posting / asking / replying.

Edit +2 to the request for city wise listing of classifieds. The city / location may not be relevant for some things / persons, but may be relevant for others.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 19th June 2010 at 21:01.
Old 21st June 2010, 00:04   #3103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
Mods,
Hi, No we do not allow people to share their ids. You can however post a query here & there on his behalf(your post should reflect that its for your brother) once in a while.

But if he is planning to post regularly then we suggest that he creates an id for himself.

As for classifieds, like posted before, we would be upgrading our classifieds software in sometime & the new one would sort out most of the issues which have been posted here.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:15   #3104
Senior - BHPian

I saw the following site while googling:
Find Your Vehicle's Fluid Capacities
This is a very good site that lists the details of each car. When I was planning for 20,000 km servicing, I had great difficulty in finding the details of my 2008 Alto (Specs and Capacity of Coolant, Gear oil, Engine oil, etc), even in Team-bhp.
Can we have something similar in team-bhp (I know I might be asking for too much, but it would be helpful for many of us).

Last edited by jinojohnt : 21st June 2010 at 16:17.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:17   #3105
Senior - BHPian

One thing I thought Team-bhp lacks was a one-on-all comparison.
We do have detailed review of each cars that are reviewed such reviews are really good.

But what we miss is each cars compared with the peers on same ground or same thread. Not sure if the Mods will be able to do it.

But I would love someone like GTO, to make a detailed comparitive review between say all cars on various aspects on one thread. That would make the circle complete.
Is that planned on any future date.

Most Viewed