Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 18:08   #3136
Distinguished - BHPian

@trtraj, you can edit your post upto 15-20 minutes of initially posting it. This can be done by using the 'Edit' button in your post.

Beyond this, a post can not be edited - you will need to post a correction in a fresh post. This is the standard process.
Old 23rd July 2010, 04:36   #3137
Distinguished - BHPian

I cannot acccess the team-bhp store, anything going-on back stage??

Old 26th July 2010, 09:19   #3138
Senior - BHPian

I have seen many a times when I post a reply to a thread which is on 3rd or 4th page of a particular segment say for eg "Test drive and intial ownership" I am unable to come back to the same page. it takes me to the first page of the section. How do I go back to the same page.
When I do back button I go to the page where I can see my post, A second time back will bring me to the new reply page.
How can I go back to the page after replying to a post.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:18   #3139
Senior - BHPian

Can we have

1. More animated/ new set of smilies? The present ones are a bit dated.
2. A permanent 'Go Advanced ' feature enabler while posting a reply?
Old 26th July 2010, 15:44   #3140
Distinguished - BHPian

A by-the-way...

Animated smileys and other such graphics can be stopped in FireFox: those who want can keep them, those that do not, need not.

and...

Surely "Go Advanced" is always there when posting a reply?
Old 26th July 2010, 15:55   #3141
BANNED

I think there is problem with web design of Team BHP. After posting, the web page is redirected to thread starting page instead of the post. For example if we like post for a BHPian's query in the 8th page and give the reply. Then after the reply, I will be directed to 1st page. I think this can be corrected easily. I think I have conveyed what I thought saying correctly.
Old 26th July 2010, 17:15   #3142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After posting, the web page is redirected to thread starting page instead of the post
That does not happen to me. After posting, I will be looking at ... this post. I don't think that what you describe is the normal behaviour of any forum, vBulletin or other software, and I have never seen it.

If you post in answer to an early post in a longer thread, your post is at the end of the thread, and the browser should leave you there.

So... why is this happening to you? Perhaps it might help the mods if you post your browser and operating system names and version numbers.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 26th July 2010 at 17:17.
Old 27th July 2010, 00:33   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Post to express & not to impress

In the past one year or so I have observed that certain members have been using the board to 'impress'(through a display of knowledge & command over topics where it isn't required) & not to 'express' views. This can be easily made out from such posts & I think the matter should be looked into in order to maintain the quality of the forum.
Thank you

Last edited by Jayabusa : 27th July 2010 at 00:38.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:41   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencity View Post
I think there is problem with web design of Team BHP. After posting, the web page is redirected to thread starting page instead of the post. For example if we like post for a BHPian's query in the 8th page and give the reply. Then after the reply, I will be directed to 1st page. I think this can be corrected easily. I think I have conveyed what I thought saying correctly.
Yes, this is what is happening. When the browser returns to the first page of the section, I am lost as to on which page was the thread I was posting the reply to.

Mods - Can you help me with this issue please.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:26   #3145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That does not happen to me. After posting, I will be looking at ... this post. I don't think that what you describe is the normal behaviour of any forum, vBulletin or other software, and I have never seen it.

If you post in answer to an early post in a longer thread, your post is at the end of the thread, and the browser should leave you there.

So... why is this happening to you? Perhaps it might help the mods if you post your browser and operating system names and version numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Yes, this is what is happening. When the browser returns to the first page of the section, I am lost as to on which page was the thread I was posting the reply to.

So this is a common problem in Team BHP' site itself.
So Moderators/administrators should look in to this matter.
Do anyone know how to take light of the administrators over this iisue?
Old 27th July 2010, 18:38   #3146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Quote:
So this is a common problem in Team BHP' site itself.
So Moderators/administrators should look in to this matter.
Do anyone know how to take light of the administrators over this iisue?
Can you guys mention which browser you are using, This is certainly not a common problem as I have not observed it & same has been confirmed by Thad E Ginathom too.

So looks like a browser issue, please also try clearing your cache & then posting.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:12   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Surely "Go Advanced" is always there when posting a reply?

The default is ' post quick reply'. What I meant was, it would be great if we can have an option to make the 'Advanced reply' as a default.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:45   #3148
Senior - BHPian

You can Go advanced directly if you click on Post Reply option instead of Quick Reply.

Or do you mean to say that the quick reply box should have all the advance options enabled?
Old 28th July 2010, 00:19   #3149
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, it seems he means that, so my reply was unhelpful.

All I can say, as Techocrat put it, is that it is only a click away. All the most commonly used formatting options are right "here" on quick reply
Old 28th July 2010, 00:31   #3150
Senior - BHPian

There is no Multi-Quote option in the T-BHP mobile version. So it's really hard to reply to multiple posts.

I hope that the Moderators will fix the issue.

Regards
Amith

Most Viewed