Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 12:21   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Would it be possible to give larger PM storage space? 250 doesn't cut it.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:55   #3167
BHPian

support team, the facebook like button is an outstanding idea. Infact a share button with facebook, digg, email, twitter etc. like on most news sites would also go a long way in increading visibility on posts on the site. I suspect just the sheer number of posts, leaves a lot of posts invisible to net (i.e. non-member public, who are less likely to trawl through as members).
Old 11th August 2010, 17:37   #3168
BHPian

I "like" the Facebook like idea!

BTW, can we have threads like the Skoda instigation one made sticky (atleast till Skoda compensates Harishv) so that people will buying a Skoda will come to know of the horror stories associated with it.
Old 11th August 2010, 18:52   #3169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
pranavt : Would it be possible to give larger PM storage space? 250 doesn't cut it.
@Pranav, the PM is a means of communicating with other members. Why do you want more storage - like it were to be used as storage option ?
Old 11th August 2010, 20:52   #3170
BHPian

This is actually my first post on Team-BHP. So a very warm Hello! to everyone.

You might wonder my credentials on suggesting changes. However, let it be known that I have religiously devoted >2 hrs per day on Team-BHP for the last 8 months .

The one section that I always wanted changed on T-BHP was the "Test Drives" section and in the following ways:

i) Reading white font on black background is painfully difficult. I usually highlighted the entire text to get a "light blue on white" and only then could I read comfortably.

ii) I missed having a link to the review done by GTO for the car I was looking at and generally used to read the "Test Drives" section and then used the Search feature to get to the detailed review done by GTO.

Please do consider these 2 suggestions.

Regards
Old 11th August 2010, 22:38   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
i) Reading white font on black background is painfully difficult. I usually highlighted the entire text to get a "light blue on white" and only then could I read comfortably.
Scroll to the bottom of the page. In the footer, you can change the vBulletin theme. Change from the current one to BHP Silver, you won't have any problems while reading.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:07   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Scroll to the bottom of the page. In the footer, you can change the vBulletin theme. Change from the current one to BHP Silver, you won't have any problems while reading.
Sorry for my IT-non_knowledge but I couldn't find it. I mean I've seen it on other sections at the bottom-left of the page but not on the "Test Drives" section. Please be considerate enough to point me as to how to do it.

PS: Actually, this color scheme, white on black, is present on most non-forum pages; however, I've seen the option of changing the color scheme on only some of those pages.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:17   #3173
BANNED

Dear Mods/Members,

Can I suggest an option whereby the members could update the highway numbers that they had recently travelled? A provision could be enabled by which a member could do a search on a highway number and identify which other members have most recently have travelled on that highway. This would primarily help the route seekers to get more low level details on the current state of the highways and any hotels/motels details on the highway.

Pls let me know your views.
Old 12th August 2010, 23:22   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Hi roadracer, we do have Route / Travel Queries section on the forum. People currently ask about the complete routes information (Source to Destination) which I think make more sense as a Travel may contain multiple Highways, also in most of the travels you dont travel from end to end of a particular highway.

Do you think there are any specific cases in which this current system doesnt help you in identifying a particular routes condition?
Old 13th August 2010, 00:49   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
Sorry for my IT-non_knowledge but I couldn't find it. I mean I've seen it on other sections at the bottom-left of the page but not on the "Test Drives" section. Please be considerate enough to point me as to how to do it.

PS: Actually, this color scheme, white on black, is present on most non-forum pages; however, I've seen the option of changing the color scheme on only some of those pages.
Does your browser save the cookies? If no, then you will have to enable it through Settings.

Next, login to TBHP but make sure you have the "Remember Me" box checked.

Then, scroll down on any page and you will find this :

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-ss.png

Personally, I feel BHP Silver theme very convenient for reading.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:44   #3176
BHPian

Got that. Thanks a lot Prateek. Even I like the BHP Silver theme.
Old 14th August 2010, 13:48   #3177
BHPian

IS there any thread, where we get to know info about "distinguished BHpians " . I understand that there must be a thread some where wherein , announcements are made ...went thru announcements sections but couldn,t find any ..

One more thing, in front of many names , i found "BANNED" written...what is it...???
Old 14th August 2010, 14:43   #3178
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see the same theme each time I log in, instead of having to change it. What I meant is, when I load TBHP, it uses the BHP Silver theme. But my favourite is the Standard Blue theme. I have to manually choose the Standard Blue each time i visit TBHP. There can be some option that gets saved in the server instead of the cookies, so that even if I login from another PC, I get the same theme
Old 14th August 2010, 15:22   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I would like to see the same theme each time I log in, instead of having to change it. What I meant is, when I load TBHP, it uses the BHP Silver theme. But my favourite is the Standard Blue theme. I have to manually choose the Standard Blue each time i visit TBHP. There can be some option that gets saved in the server instead of the cookies, so that even if I login from another PC, I get the same theme
There should be some way to save the themes we choose.

Also, I am finding the "search" option a little diffcult to use. For example, I wanted to search for threads on "selling a car" or "honda city" and somehow the pages which popped up are nothing related to the what I was looking for. Very often it's just the "new posts" page. Are there any specific keywords, tricks for using the search option?

Maybe we should have a thread on "tips & tricks for TBhpians"
Old 14th August 2010, 16:04   #3180
BHPian

Sorry, there is one more minor point:

I am able to find the google type search option only while using the "BHP Silver" theme. The tab is missing in the other themes.

Most Viewed