Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 16:06   #3181
Distinguished - BHPian

Silversteed,
go to your user cp and then navigate to edit options. At the bottom of that page there is an option to save skin setting. Select your skin and save changes.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:29   #3182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Silversteed,
go to your user cp and then navigate to edit options. At the bottom of that page there is an option to save skin setting. Select your skin and save changes.
Thanks for the tip, Tejas. It's indeed helpful
Old 17th August 2010, 18:11   #3183
Senior - BHPian

How to report a member who is using an objectionable image (partially nude) as the avatar ?

Rohan
Old 17th August 2010, 18:58   #3184
Senior - BHPian

Rohan, You can report any post of the member stating that you are reporting the avtaar or profile pic or signature etc.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:51   #3185
BHPian

Hi,

In the "Classifieds" would it be possible to add a "Cancelled" option?
For example, if I have put an item up for sale and am not getting the right price, I may decide not to sell it.
The only option is to click "Sold It" whereas the item has not actually been sold.
This would also make a difference to the total value of items sold on the website.

Regards,

SS
Old 18th August 2010, 08:14   #3186
BHPian

It will be better if TBHP amend some rule such that if a thread is started by someone, it has to be completed. For an incomplete thread, at least TBHP can put some infraction for the thread starter.
I am telling this because, I and may be many others, follow a lot of threads, for me its the restoration threads. After a certain point there wont be any updates and later you can see the same thread starter is active in other threads, and even you can see the avatar/photos updeted by him showing the complete restoration.
There are a lot of people who try to help in the original thread deep from their heart and then finally there is no update means its bit embarassing. Just my two cents. No offense intended.

With thanks and regards
Old 25th August 2010, 12:05   #3187
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Would it be possible to give larger PM storage space? 250 doesn't cut it.
You have 500 now , as a Senior BHPian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
IS there any thread, where we get to know info about "distinguished BHpians "
Look up their introduction threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Maybe we should have a thread on "tips & tricks for TBhpians"
This and this list out most tips, tricks and lesser known features. If you have any more that should be added to that list, feel free to suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I am able to find the google type search option only while using the "BHP Silver" theme. The tab is missing in the other themes.
Yes, you will see the Google search options only on BHP Silver (our default skin) and BHP Black. This is so because these two skins were custom-developed and hence, easier to implement the google search option on. BHP Silver is used by an overwhelming majority of members & guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
You can forward a cancellation request by reporting your own ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomus123 View Post
It will be better if TBHP amend some rule such that if a thread is started by someone, it has to be completed.
Would be a bit much, wouldn't it? If a thread starter hasn't updated / completed his thread, usually a couple of request PMs from interested members is motivation enough. Try it
Old 25th August 2010, 15:17   #3188
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a suggestion, but a question, so this may be the wrong place to post it.

It's about licence plates in photos. Obviously, it is common practice, when posting photos, to obscure them --- but a licence plate on a car (in a public place at least) is as much a public thing as the faces of passers by are.

I can understand why members might wish to obscure their own plates. Our user names are not our names and addresses, and, the internet being open to all, members may not wish to publish information that can be used to track them.

As to the cars in public though... is it a rule? Or is just a courtesy?

Been puzzling me for a while: thought it was time I asked!
Old 28th August 2010, 22:58   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

One more thing, in front of many names , i found "BANNED" written...what is it...???
Oh my! Let me relate to you my experience: When as a non-member, I started browsing through T-BHP, I came across a couple of users who had "BANNED" written as their status msg. I thought, Wow! this is a really cool status msg. When I join TBHP, I too will have my status as "BANNED".

As I started to get to know the forum better, I realized how serious the mods are about users following the rules (which I think has been a very important factor in maintaining the forum's quality inspite of active users multiplying manifolds) and that those users had actually been "Banned" for possible violation of the rules. Seniors, am I right?

And so, when I joined, I though to myself: "I better follow the rules."

BTW, have always wanted to know: Can't a banned user make amends & re-join?

Sorry for making 2 posts so soon one after the other:

When I was creating my account in TBHP, i never realized that the login name would remain as my "Display Name".

Is it possible to change my display name now? I would like my display name to signify more of "me".

Last edited by bblost : 30th August 2010 at 09:57. Reason: back 2 back posts. Please use edit if posting within 20 mins. Thanks
Old 29th August 2010, 18:02   #3190
VMC
BHPian

While Posting your pic!!!!- My Opinion

Hi All,
I am not the administrator or a distinguished member of this forum to write this to you. This is just my opinion.
I see that there are a lot of members who are posting pictures with their/families faces in these pics blurred/removed.
This way of posting the picturesreally spoils the picture itself.
Please think of other ways when you post such pictures.
1) Best is to post pictures without you or your family members in the photo.
2) Use good photo editing tool to enhance the picture and enhance the look and feel of your pictures.
3)During photo shoots you can also make sure you take some specific pics that can be uploaded for team-bhp only.
Above all we know to respect everyone's privacy and all at team bhp members agree to this .
Do not forget read the administrators post on how to upload photos.
Its each one of our responsiblity to keep this website at its best.
Suggestions welcome.
Thanks!

@Mods- I am not sure if this is correct section for this article. Please move this to appropriate section. Sorry!
Old 29th August 2010, 18:34   #3191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi,

For example, if I have put an item up for sale and am not getting the right price, I may decide not to sell it.
The only option is to click "Sold It" whereas the item has not actually been sold.
This would also make a difference to the total value of items sold on the website.

Regards,

SS
That's a good one. I totally agree with that point.
Old 29th August 2010, 20:28   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
When I was creating my account in TBHP, i never realized that the login name would remain as my "Display Name".

Is it possible to change my display name now? I would like my display name to signify more of "me".
I second this request. Even I never realised that the login name would be the display name as well. Usually I keep login names same since I tend to be a bit forgetful when it comes to various sites logins.

I hope the MODS make provision to have seperate Login Names and Display Names. Frankly speaking, I don't think technically also it would be too much a challenge.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:56   #3193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

BTW, have always wanted to know: Can't a banned user make amends & re-join?
A user first gets an infraction. If he still continues with not complying with the rules, only then do the infractions add up and he gets a three month ban. After being unbanned, if he repeats the process, the ban can go upto 1 year. If the user still doesn't amend ways, then he/she is permanently banned.

Quote:

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
I second this request. Even I never realised that the login name would be the display name as well. Usually I keep login names same since I tend to be a bit forgetful when it comes to various sites logins.

I hope the MODS make provision to have seperate Login Names and Display Names. Frankly speaking, I don't think technically also it would be too much a challenge.
Sorry, rules specify that it can't be changed. Otherwise many users would want it and then it would create chaos. Hell, mine is the worst, half my email ID came in by mistake and i am first in the queue to change it. But rules are rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That's a good one. I totally agree with that point.
Classifieds are being completely revamped. Have patience. You'll be very happy with the new version.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:17   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I want to be able to read my subscribed threads using RSS much like we have for newly created threads.
My query is still unanswered .
Old 30th August 2010, 14:26   #3195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
My query is still unanswered .
I don't think it is available only for subscribed threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks