Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:59   #3211
Senior - BHPian

Can we have URLs of all the individual ownership threads of a particular model listed under the ownership summary that has been compiled by the support team? If that would be too much, how about the best or the most comprehensive 5 reviews?
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:18   #3212
BHPian

Can we have another skin just like the BHP mobile skin, but with an option for showing images?
Don't know if this feasible or not?!
And I second Gilead's request.

Edit:
About changing display name, I want to be the first in line to change my user name! Never realised that my user name's gonna be my display name too! Guess should have been careful!
Though it's nothing that I can's live with!

Last edited by aman9393 : 3rd September 2010 at 14:21.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:50   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I beg to differ with you Rohan.

As a matter of fact I know a T-BHPian whose Distinguished BHPian title was stripped off. Yes, he is no more Distinguished BHPian!

Don't know why he lost his Distinguished BHPian title!

Amith
Like I said, I was not 100% sure about this. Its not that probable, but definitely possible.

The D-BHPian must have done some really knotty activities on the forum to get demoted.

Rohan
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:04   #3214
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, stop speculating. It is not about demotion or stripping a title.

Being a mod or a D-BHP-ian is about continual contribution to the forum. When a person is not able to dedicate the same time & energy, the title/role is no longer with him. There have been mod's who have given up the role because they had other things coming up (like education) and they had to focus on what was the bigger priority.

Also, for a person to become a mod or a D-BHPian, he would have shown consistency in his approach right from the beginning of his membership on TBHP. Nothing knotty, ever.

Last edited by condor : 3rd September 2010 at 15:19.
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:10   #3215

Dear Mods,

A suggestion from a noob - dont know if this has been said before...

The calendar section (which should be under Mod control) should be filled with Indian Automotive events that all of us can take note of.

For example, if updated on a rolling 90 day basis - it can be used to plan Team-BHP events around these National or Regional car/bike events. Events on the radar can range from Concourse to informal car shows to car fairs and trade meets etc.

To build on this, local meets can be coordinated on this calendar with each city having its own calendar.

Just a thought.

Happy with the functionality and coverage of the forum but room for improvement and upping the utility of the information on the site is always a goal.
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:18   #3216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
During past one year, I observed that few of Distinguished BHPians title was stripped off from few of the BHPians, or it is my illusion. Please clarify.
Hi anujmishra,

Unlike "BHPian" or "Senior-BHPian" which are titles as a result of post count, the awarded titles, like "Distinguished BHPian" require that the member maintain a certain level of activity and contribution towards Team-BHP in order to retain the title. The tags are not permanent.

Even the DBHPian announcement thread on the forum clearly says "consistent contributions" are a requirement for being a D-BHPian.

Lastly, please note - this was in no way a "dishonorable discharge" or them being "stripped of the title" (i particularly dislike that choice of words). If a DBHPian's contributions decline, they are reminded to participate more actively - however, if they cannot do so (eg. due to other responsibilities like family, career, studies, parenthood etc) they are returned to S-BHPian status.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 15:20.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:51   #3217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Unlike "BHPian" or "Senior-BHPian" which are titles as a result of post count, the awarded titles, like "Distinguished BHPian" require that the member maintain a certain level of activity and contribution towards Team-BHP in order to retain the title. The tags are not permanent.

Even the DBHPian announcement thread on the forum clearly says "consistent contributions" are a requirement for being a D-BHPian.
Thanks for clarification, for, I as a normal member (personal opinion) such thing does not hold good. I was thinking DBHPian as an award for knowledgeable members contribution to the forum. But, title is taken back because of reason cited above.

Anyway it is clarified, so lets close it here. Apologies for choice of word. Thanks.

Last edited by anujmishra : 3rd September 2010 at 16:59.
Old 4th September 2010, 14:27   #3218
Senior - BHPian

T-Bhpians,

During the past few months, I noticed that many of the T-Bhpians post their replies inline in bold text instead of using the traditional 'Quote Feature'.

So, I searched to know whether this 'action' is against the rules of the forum. At last I found this :

Quote:
5) Don't make your quotes too long

- Type your reply below the quoted text.

Bad: Quoting an entire large post.
Bad: Quoting many images.
Bad: Typing your replies inline, in capitals and using bold text, instead of using the quote feature.
Good: Quoting only a select part of the post preceded and followed by a "..." to signify an intentional omission of content
Ref : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html

Since the quality of the contents shared here is of higher concern, I was wondering if we could have have a warning/ infraction system for this action too? I mean just like the way infractions are granted to those who use SMS lingo and abusive language etc.

Just my two-cents. Inputs welcome

PS: No offense intended.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 4th September 2010 at 14:35.
Old 5th September 2010, 10:23   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
T-Bhpians,

During the past few months, I noticed that many of the T-Bhpians post their replies inline in bold text instead of using the traditional 'Quote Feature'.

Since the quality of the contents shared here is of higher concern, I was wondering if we could have have a warning/ infraction system for this action too?
I know I am too new around to be differing on what's a rule but considering that inline Bold answers aren't attracting infractions, I'll be bold enough to put my point across. Also I am new as a member, but been following TBHP for nearly 9 months now, so that does make me a veteran of sorts.

I feel inline answers do not affect readability. On the contrary, they increase it since you can give point-wise answers to questions raised. Makes the post more conversational and much easier to follow & understand. And honestly, can't think of a flip side to inline answering. Just my 3 cents (@Klub Class: Just goofing with that "3 cents" comment as opposed to your 2 cents. Sorry!).

On a different note, was just looking at the mods intro. No new mod for nearly a year now??? Recession? Hehe! But aren't we out of it? Job market's peaking too <Grin>

On another entirely arterial line, there are times when I want to cry & howl. And I want fellow BHPians to know that my car (or my wife!!!) is getting me to this state. And to express this feeling, I find no smilie?? All I can do is "bang my head" or "beat dead the horse" !

Last edited by manishk83 : 5th September 2010 at 10:37.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:07   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
I feel inline answers do not affect readability. On the contrary, they increase it since you can give point-wise answers to questions raised. Makes the post more conversational and much easier to follow & understand. And honestly, can't think of a flip side to inline answering.
The rule is not against inline answers but the way it is done. Using bold text is not the ideal way to give inline answers. Here's an example of how it should be done - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2055226
Old 5th September 2010, 14:03   #3221
Distinguished - BHPian

It is much better-looking and easier for people to read if the QUOTE tags are used. There's even a button for it, even on quick reply.

Best to do a preview, though, or be ready to hit the Edit button after posting: when there are a lot of quotes, it is easy to make a mistake!
Old 6th September 2010, 16:13   #3222
BHPian

A popup type dropdown menu for sub-forums would be nice.
Its very easy to use and helps a lot in switching between subforums without going to the homepage.
I have attached an image for reference.
There would be a link in the navigation, when you click on it, a whole tree like structure opens up with hyperlinks to all the sub-forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-popup.png  

Old 6th September 2010, 16:34   #3223
Team-BHP Support

@SumitBahl: In the bottom left part of a page, just above the table for similar threads, check for a drop down called Forum Jump.
Old 6th September 2010, 18:49   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@SumitBahl: In the bottom left part of a page, just above the table for similar threads, check for a drop down called Forum Jump.
Just saw it. Thanks!!!!
The Jump menu I am talking about is much more easier to use and displays all of the sub forums in one wide format.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 6th September 2010 at 18:55.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:00   #3225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
On a different note, was just looking at the mods intro. No new mod for nearly a year now??? Recession? Hehe! But aren't we out of it? Job market's peaking too <Grin>
Thanks for bringing it up, we just took care of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks