Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 21:06   #3226
Senior - BHPian

Just like the fuel prices thread, do we have a thread on the latest (Govt authorised) Auto-Taxi Fare in different states? Would be nice to have such a thread - I just googled for half an hour to find the taxi rate in Kerala.
Old 6th September 2010, 21:23   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Just like the fuel prices thread, do we have a thread on the latest (Govt authorised) Auto-Taxi Fare in different states? Would be nice to have such a thread - I just googled for half an hour to find the taxi rate in Kerala.
I don't think there is such a thread. But it's a good idea. Go ahead and start one titled "Current taxi and auto rates". I suggest to keep this thread clean though and not get into discussions of price hike etc which can be done in another thread "Is the taxi/auto price hike justified?"
Old 7th September 2010, 10:43   #3228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
I feel inline answers do not affect readability. On the contrary, they increase it since you can give point-wise answers to questions raised. Makes the post more conversational and much easier to follow & understand.
I didn't say that I'm against the inline answers. But, I hate the way it's done here.

Posting the replies using multi-quote is more easier to read and it looks better too. So, I do wonder why most of the people still prefer the 'inline answers'?

Yes, I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
The rule is not against inline answers but the way it is done. Using bold text is not the ideal way to give inline answers.

Here's an example of how it should be done - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2055226
Gandhi, This is what I was talking about.This way of replying looks much better when contrasted with the former.

Any day, I prefer the multi-quote feature to give my replies rather than posting my replies inline in bold text. For me, typing the whole thing in bold text is equivalent to 'yelling' or 'shouting'. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is much better-looking and easier for people to read if the QUOTE tags are used. There's even a button for it, even on quick reply.
+1 to you Thad!

I'm glad that I found people who feels that the multi-quote option is convenient than the inline answers.

EDIT: Moderators, can we have the 'multi-quote' option in the Mobile T-BHP Forum?. I need that very badly.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 7th September 2010 at 10:44.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:51   #3229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I
EDIT: Moderators, can we have the 'multi-quote' option in the Mobile T-BHP Forum?. I need that very badly.
There is a multi-quote option. Below every post, next to the QUOTE button, there is a QUOTE+ option.

Keep clicking QUOTE+ option for which posts you want to quote and then click new reply or on the last post you select just click QUOTE. All the other posts will appear as multi-quote in your reply text-box.

EDIT: Oops just read you wanted it on the mobile forum. It's not there yet. You'll have to use the regular site on your mobile.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 7th September 2010 at 10:56. Reason: see edit
Old 7th September 2010, 11:00   #3230
BHPian

Quote:

Amith
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
There is a multi-quote option. Below every post, next to the QUOTE button, there is a QUOTE+ option.
He is talking about multi-quote feature for Team-BHP Mobile theme. See this - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-suggestions-teambhp-teambhpians-page-216-teambhp_1283837150266.png
Old 7th September 2010, 11:08   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
EDIT: Oops just read you wanted it on the mobile forum. It's not there yet. You'll have to use the regular site on your mobile.
No problems Tejas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
He is talking about multi-quote feature for Team-BHP Mobile theme. See this - Attachment 419764
I had taken two screenshots of the Mobile T-BHP theme and stitched it using GIMP. I was about to upload the same to make my points clear.

But, I saw your reply before I hit the 'Submit Reply' button. You're pretty quick brother . Meanwhile how did you take the screenshot of the site?

Amith
Old 7th September 2010, 11:11   #3232
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile how did you take the screenshot of the site?

Amith
Here you go - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146/

Sorry for going off-topic.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:47   #3233
BHPian

COCO/ Proven Filling Stations on GoogleMaps
Feature to annotate proven filling stations using googlemaps (or equivalent).
Old 7th September 2010, 14:04   #3234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
That's actually a good suggestion. But the problem is these guys dont have any specific rate and keep charging based on the road and traffic condition. Atleast, this is happening in Cochin.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:16   #3235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That's actually a good suggestion. But the problem is these guys dont have any specific rate and keep charging based on the road and traffic condition. Atleast, this is happening in Cochin.
Same here in Trivandrum too, but I thought a thread on Auto/Taxi rates would atleast make the people aware of the 'Govt Suggested' rates.
Old 7th September 2010, 17:01   #3236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
During the past few months, I noticed that many of the T-Bhpians post their replies inline in bold text instead of using the traditional 'Quote Feature'.
Feel free to report these posts. The mods can then put in a soft-note to the member to try and use the QUOTE feature rather than bold. However, this will be suggested as a best-practice and not enforced as a rule (atleast at the moment).

Quote:
No new mod for nearly a year now??? Recession? Hehe! But aren't we out of it? Job market's peaking too <Grin>
I get the humour, but just so theres no misunderstanding for anyone reading this i want to say once again that mods are volunteering their time towards TBHP. Its not a "job".

Quote:
And to express this feeling, I find no smilie?? All I can do is "bang my head" or "beat dead the horse" !
We are against cruelty to cars, or wives. Beating a dead horse is okay, because its dead.

Will consider if and when we update the smileys. (Blown-gasket smiley perhaps?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
COCO/ Proven Filling Stations on GoogleMaps
Feature to annotate proven filling stations using googlemaps (or equivalent).
Hey this is a great idea! Why don't you start it and post in a thread?
How will it work? Will all the COCOs be on a new layer? or will all this be added to its own map?

cya
R
Old 7th September 2010, 17:17   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Feel free to report these posts. The mods can then put in a soft-note to the member to try and use the QUOTE feature rather than bold. However, this will be suggested as a best-practice and not enforced as a rule (atleast at the moment).
Thanks a lot Rehaan. I'll surely report those post to the moderators.

Amith
Old 7th September 2010, 19:14   #3238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Can we have URLs of all the individual ownership threads of a particular model listed under the ownership summary that has been compiled by the support team? If that would be too much, how about the best or the most comprehensive 5 reviews?
Hi Gilead,

We do have something like this planned - but it will be a while before implementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidink View Post
The calendar section (which should be under Mod control) should be filled with Indian Automotive events that all of us can take note of.
Noted - will look into having this updated regularly.

Quote:
...Is it possible that some Moderators/Distinguished/Senior BHPians maybe hold a practical session one of these Sundays? I know all of you must be busy with your jobs & life generally, but I'm sure you can take out a Sunday once maybe in a quarter. It'll be a real knowledge session for some of us, I'm sure.
Manishk83,

I feel like this was discussed somewhere (years back), but there was a definite mention of some "sunday garage / hands-on sessions".
Personally, i think its a great idea, theres only so much that virtual learning can teach, and its an entirely different experience to see, feel, hear and smell the parts! Ofcourse, some of the "teachings" will make it to the forum in terms of pictures + report + info, so that will be beneficial for all.

Perhaps start a thread to gauge interest, as well as what the most popular topics would be?

cya
R
Old 7th September 2010, 21:07   #3239
BHPian

How is this possible?
A bug or something else?!
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-scr000046.jpg
I am talking about his status, awaiting e-mail conformation.
Strange, eh?
Old 7th September 2010, 21:12   #3240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
I am talking about his status, awaiting e-mail conformation.
Strange, eh?
It's certainly not a bug.

If I remember correctly, we have to verify our e-mail by visiting a special link that we get from T-BHP as an e-mail. Most probably, he might not have verified his e-mail id and hence that status.

Amith

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks