Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 12:11   #3271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
while I do appreciate a mobile, light weight version of the forum, please note that:-

1. Mobile speeds are slower - 56 to 126 Kbps on GPRS.

2. Images may be turned off by default on your browser.

3. The browser may not support java script.

I am able to use the forum fairly reasonably from my Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, using 2 or 3 versions of opera. Ihave made posts; but not tried uploading pics.
Not to be rude sir I specified all my browsers for a reason.
I have tried with the following phones: (2)SE W200's, a J105(naite), j10(elm-wifi/gprs),z550i, blackberry 8520 with BB services pre and post paid services.

Apart from the w200 and the z550 all other are edge compatible and the elm and the 8520 are wifi capable. Wifi of 1 & 2 mbps at short range (read within room). All phones were tried with native and opera browsers. BB with bolt also. Images are *NOT* turned off. I can use the classifieds.
I am saying some of the images cannot be seen as there are no links. It is cumbersome to load the normal skin and switch back to mobile.

And they are ALL phones are Jscript compatible and it is on. Images are ON
Old 19th October 2010, 15:51   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Can we have the detailed reviews of facelifted i10 (kappa2 and irde2) ?

Also, i20 (gamma and CRDi).

And Santa Fe.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 19th October 2010 at 15:53.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:12   #3273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Ooookaay, ... I'd never thought of using the topmost right-hand corner for the searches.
Glad we could help on that one. Was pretty easy eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
...Can we take the liberty to keep the Car for a day more and do a thorough review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...Similar to the car stickers can the slogans/logos be printed for T-shirts too...
This has indeed been suggested before, and it is fairly high up on our never-ending checklist of things to do in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Mods, I am a mobile browser user.....
Valhallen.282, as you know, with mobile skins its always a trade-off between speed and functionality. We will however work towards adding more features in the next iteration of the mobile skin. I think with 3G around the corner and more powerful cellphones coming out every day this is inevitable.

I am surprised you say the mobile skin is slow. What are you comparing it to? Do other sites load faster? I just did a test on GPRS and it was fairly snappy.

Cheers,
R
Old 19th October 2010, 23:01   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Valhallen.282, as you know, with mobile skins its always a trade-off between speed and functionality. We will however work towards adding more features in the next iteration of the mobile skin. I think with 3G around the corner and more powerful cellphones coming out every day this is inevitable.

I am surprised you say the mobile skin is slow. What are you comparing it to? Do other sites load faster? I just did a test on GPRS and it was fairly snappy.

Cheers,
R
Sir the page begins to load and as per opera and BB they stop somewhere near the 70% mark. BB browser ends up waiting an age at times for some 7 images to come. (And I'm still in mobile skin reading the forums not in classifieds) same with opera though there is no distinction as to what its loading. anyway. Will go hunt for browsers. Maybe its just me and my browsers.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:28   #3275
MCR
BHPian

Can we have all the official Team BHP testdrives (the ones moderators post) in a separate section under "test drives and initial ownership review"? This helps in earmarking the testdrives clearly.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:22   #3276
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can we take the liberty to keep the Car for a day more and do a thorough review.
Most press drive events are actually spread over 2 days. We've spent more than a day in most of the cars that have been officially tested.

The cars we receive for tests usually are with us for atleast 2 days too. However, due to a tight schedule, sometimes the cars have to be returned on the same day. Believe me, we don't enjoy rushing up with our reviewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
1) no access from the home page to hot threads.
Quote:
No access to uploading pictures.
Quote:
3) No viewing of pictures
It's meant to be a light, basic skin. For all of these features, its best to switch to the regular forum styles.

Quote:
Despite being light as it is (I know it wipes everything I have talked about) I find access times very slow
To be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing that about our mobile skin. Some index pages (home & forum sections) are between 2 - 4 kb only. I use the mobile skin atleast once a day and have never had speed issues. Have also tried from many other phones (friends / relatives) / service providers and the skin has loaded quick. You should probably try accessing m.team-bhp.com when you have a stronger network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Can we have the detailed reviews of facelifted i10 (kappa2 and irde2) ?

Also, i20 (gamma and CRDi).

And Santa Fe.

Rohan
Will try to accomodate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Can we have all the official Team BHP testdrives (the ones moderators post) in a separate section under "test drives and initial ownership review"? This helps in earmarking the testdrives clearly.
Done. Will have this implemented in the 1st week of November.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2010 at 14:23.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:03   #3277
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP stickers to spread awareness

MODS : Before I even begin, I'll admit I don't know which section this thread would be most appropriate; so please put this where it suits best.

Coming to the point. I have noticed how popular the 10 T-BHP stickers are, with many BHPians displaying it on their machines.

Using this popularity, how about having T-BHP official stickers which spread awareness about basic driving/road safety rules. Not something as vague and simple, common like "Better late than never" and not technical; but something to advocate :

- use of seat-belts
- ensuring lane discipline

I agree this is a crude idea but looking at the T-BHP stickers, I'm sure these can be put across very convincingly.

Just a thought.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:08   #3278
Senior - BHPian

We already have stickers like 'DRIVE SAFE' and 'I DRIVE SAFE'.

Check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html
Old 21st October 2010, 17:29   #3279
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Stickers remind me:

I have with me a video clip - taken by my camera phone - of a red and white coloured sticker on a honda city saying -
Dy RTO Kalyan
No to Mobile Yes to Seatbelt

The guy was driving for a full 10 minutes with a mobile to held with one hand on his ear.

Got a video clip of the Sticker with the car number but missed out on getting the guy so holding the mobile so nothing can be done.

OT - Also got a snap of a White Scorpio with "Disaster management" written. We know about this vechiles that have been deputed since the 2005 flooding in Mumbai.

Only thing is there is a small school girl standing up and playing around in the front passenger seat, (no seat belt) and another 5 childern in the middle row all having a nice time, and the rear is carrying potted plants, visible from the rear glass and photographed with number plate. Tried to post it on the Mumbai Traffic Police Face Book site. They have stopped further photographs from being posted since 90% of the snaps shown happend to be of the Police themselves.

A fine example being set by them

Yes a bit off topic, but these or rather even more clear and better snaps would work better than Stickers?

Disaster MISMANAGEMENT
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dscn0412.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dscn0414.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by ACM : 21st October 2010 at 17:47.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:30   #3280

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

"Drive safe" is kind of too vague IMO. I agree with libranof1987 that T-BHP can help in spreading the messages like "Dont drink and Drive" or "Better late on earth than early in heaven" kind.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:41   #3281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

I have seen those; most companies also ask their employees to paste "I am a safe driver" or "I follow traffic rules" on their cars. Even BPO/company cabs have it!

I was proposing something more meaningful. And something endorsed/advertised by T-BHP would impart a huge seriousness to it.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:55   #3282
Senior - BHPian

The biggest idiots on the road are the ones who drive with folded mirrors!!

We could have a sticker on this ..i remember having written to GTO on this
Old 21st October 2010, 18:03   #3283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The biggest idiots on the road are the ones who drive with folded mirrors!!

We could have a sticker on this ..i remember having written to GTO on this
Some people who drive with folded mirrors do so coz they have spent quite some money on them just because some auto driver or 2-wheeler thought he can brush it and go without consequences. During rush hour traffic, every inch of the road is precious and 2-wheelers believe the mirror shouldn't take it!

In the tiny city lanes and during rush hour traffic, I admit I fold my mirrors!
Old 21st October 2010, 18:05   #3284
Senior - BHPian

We have many bad drivers in this forum itself!

I have seen two wheeler riders folding my car mirrors to make way for them!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 21st October 2010 at 18:07.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:24   #3285

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Some people who drive with folded mirrors do so coz they have spent quite some money on them just because some auto driver or 2-wheeler thought he can brush it and go without consequences. During rush hour traffic, every inch of the road is precious and 2-wheelers believe the mirror shouldn't take it!

In the tiny city lanes and during rush hour traffic, I admit I fold my mirrors!
I have never driven a vehicle with folded mirrors... IMO it is better to leave the mirrors open and let it have few bruises on it... than missing someone while changing lanes and get a big dent on the body itself

I even have those small blind side reduction mirrors on my RVM and thanks to those I never have to look back

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks