Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 18:43   #3286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Some people who drive with folded mirrors do so coz they have spent quite some money on them just because some auto driver or 2-wheeler thought he can brush it and go without consequences. During rush hour traffic, every inch of the road is precious and 2-wheelers believe the mirror shouldn't take it!

In the tiny city lanes and during rush hour traffic, I admit I fold my mirrors!
Most of the accidents caused in city traffics are because of sudden moment either to right or left without checking who's next to you.

I would be blind if I don't use them, Iam so much used to it.

I feel it's a must in City traffic. Safety comes first for me. Just to save some can't end in paying more.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 21st October 2010 at 18:44.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:17   #3287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Most of the accidents caused in city traffics are because of sudden moment either to right or left without checking who's next to you.

I would be blind if I don't use them, Iam so much used to it.

I feel it's a must in City traffic. Safety comes first for me. Just to save some can't end in paying more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We have many bad drivers in this forum itself!

I have seen two wheeler riders folding my car mirrors to make way for them!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The biggest idiots on the road are the ones who drive with folded mirrors!!

We could have a sticker on this ..i remember having written to GTO on this

Fine, say all that you have about me folding the mirror in a DIFFERENT thread.

Please post something relevant.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:04   #3288
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I like the T Bhp stickers just the way they are. They are meant to indicate that you are proud to be a part of Team BHP.

If any one wants to give out a message, he is already free to do so. Why drag T BHP into it?
Old 21st October 2010, 20:16   #3289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I like the T Bhp stickers just the way they are. They are meant to indicate that you are proud to be a part of Team BHP.

If any one wants to give out a message, he is already free to do so. Why drag T BHP into it?
For the simple reason that T-BHP has great viewership and popularity and hence could have a wide reach in spreading awareness.

Being a forum dedicated to automobiles, apart from the "fun" part of discussing cars and trips, it "can" also play a responsible part of spreading awareness on road/driving safety (something very related to automobiles).

But looking at the replies, I doubt that can be possible.

MODS: Given the replies to this thread, I am tempted to ask you to delete it but for greater good, I leave it to you.
Old 21st October 2010, 21:15   #3290
BHPian

I remember quoting about the line in another thread.
Quote:
I feel that Team BHP Stickers also carry a big responsibility and if we are carrying an identity of Team-BHP, we must follow the traffic rules and set examples to other on the road.
Old 21st October 2010, 21:18   #3291
BHPian

Directories for hotels/restaurants/sights in Cities

Does anyone know of a quick way to search for hotels in cities where members have stayed and can vouch for it? e.g I want to search for a hotel in Kolhapur. I click on K from A, B, C,....K,....Z. then I see Kolhapur listed there and then I see subcategories for hotels/places-to-eat/Sights/City-Roads in there. Click on hotels and I see the few where people have stayed and with the photos internal/external. Each of them having addresses/phone-numbers/websites/entry-timings/fees/tariffs.

Now, even if I put in the hotels I stayed in one of the threads it would get lost and is difficult for anyone else to be of use. Talakona - phone number, Parambikulam - Wild life sanctuary phone number? Chalakudy - budget stay. I mean I would like to enter all these, but if it is in an orderly way it would be easier to search. We need an easier way.

The benefit is to all, especially for the travel sub-forum folks and these would be authentic places and experienced by genuine folks in the forum.

Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2010, 07:34   #3292
Senior - BHPian

There have been numerous suggestions for the stickers in the "suggest T-BHP" thread.

However why do we have to limit to spreading the safety messages only when we are driving, why not after driving time too. This would call for messages on T-shirts, cups/keychains and lots of other stuff.

I hope Mods will eventually look into starting this merchandise something similar to the paid classifieds. On other thought why not introduce it in the classified web page itself.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:37   #3293
Team-BHP Support

Hi libranof1987,

We currently have a "DRIVE SAFE" sticker with a bunch on messages on it, and also a "I Drive Safe" sticker. When the next batch of stickers is being designed we can consider adding another -- though i'm not sure how popular it will be if we pick one particular / more specific message?

FYI - On the footer of the web portal we have one of these banners. (We'll soon have a more prominent placement for meaningful safety messages / tips - so that more people see them daily.)

And here are two that Rudra has created :

cya
R
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:49   #3294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi libranof1987,

We currently have a "DRIVE SAFE" sticker with a bunch on messages on it, and also a "I Drive Safe" sticker. When the next batch of stickers is being designed we can consider adding another -- though i'm not sure how popular it will be if we pick one particular / more specific message?

FYI - On the footer of the web portal we have one of these banners. (We'll soon have a more prominent placement for meaningful safety messages / tips - so that more people see them daily.)

And here are two that Rudra has created :

cya
R
The last 4 and specially the bottom 2 are quite crisp, quite to-the-point and refreshing from the typical ones the Govt. or police puts up.

I am sure they will go at least some distance in making people aware that helmets are essential etc.

And with a name like T-BHP on the sticker, there's bound to be a massive appeal to it; so people know there's a reason for the sticker.

I personally feel, its worth the experiment.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:04   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Third one looks nice - Buckle up....... Instead of a separate sticker, how about adding the same to some other existing stickers (by increasing the breadth) like 'I drive safe" with good color combo
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:16   #3296
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Last two sticker suggestions for Seat Belts and Helmets look good creatively.

But I would not put them up on my cars, the current sent of stickers look good as they are.

As someone said, the three biggest sets of Idiots one the Road are

1) Those not wearing Helmets
2) Those not putting on Seatbelts
3) Those keeping the LHS mirror folded.

We can make a 3 IDIOTS sticker for them. - but who would go around with these stickers - sorry I wouldn't. But it this is made into a funny TBHP branded cartoon of 3 IDIOTS I would forward that email to others.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:43   #3297
BHPian

Hello friends

I want to get a set of these current Team BHP stickers, but I dont have a Indian credit card nor paypal.
Is there any other way to purchase a set?
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:33   #3298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hello friends

I want to get a set of these current Team BHP stickers, but I dont have a Indian credit card nor paypal.
Is there any other way to purchase a set?
The pictorial guide on how to buy stickers are here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ial-guide.html
Alternative payment method is posted here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1176983
Old 25th October 2010, 11:46   #3299
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to compile the data available in the Performance Mods thread in a way that these details are easily available:
1. Stock Car spec (BHP, torque, tyre-spec, steering type, etc)
2. Available mods for each key part - headers, FFE, Plugs, ECU (remap, new, piggy-back), tyre upsize, suspension mods
3. Someone who's done something in the above list (for reference/support)
4. How the upgrades have been sourced

We can have this as a parked thread.

I'm a noob, and tried to do this but gave up due to lack of time. I know it's a lot of work, but...
Old 27th October 2010, 18:59   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Edit feature on 1-1 interaction sub-forum is missing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks