Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 19:14   #3301
BHPian

Team,
Overwhelmed with the information. Could there a parked thread (probably in technical stuff or Advice section) explaining terminologies used. For e.g. niggling issue, rattling issue. Also pictures of the parts etc, so that I/we can use it as reference.

Regards,
Kumar
Old 27th October 2010, 21:33   #3302
Senior - BHPian

We do have following threads on similar lines

A Guide on Technical Jargons (A Guide On Technical Jargons)

A Guide on technical Jargons - Motorbikes (A Guide On Technical Jargons - Motorbikes)

What's That Sound (What's that sound?)

Search & you will fine more
Old 27th October 2010, 21:39   #3303
NFS
BHPian

Removed this suggestion, as I found it. My Bad.

A FAQ section would be good to have, NO I am not talking about the FAQ for automobiles, but for the rules/dos/donts in Team BHP.

FAQ on Automobiles would also be good to have.

Last edited by NFS : 27th October 2010 at 21:42.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:28   #3304
BHPian

Thanks a lot. I think it would help new comers if these threads are parked and/or moved to Announcements section (similar to the abbreviation)

- Kumar
Old 28th October 2010, 14:49   #3305
Senior - BHPian

One thread for all Nationan and Internation News

Hi Mods,

Can we have one single thread for all national and international important auto news. Here members start threads for each and every news in auto industry.

For example one such news using which we can start thread today is
"Nissan to recall two million cars globally due to engine fault". If we have one thread then all news will be posted at one place and it is easy to find/search later.

Name could be "National and International Auto News Thread"

Last edited by anujmishra : 28th October 2010 at 14:50.
Old 28th October 2010, 16:48   #3306
BHPian

can we have an inline messenger on the forum ?? I mean not sure if that is technically achievable or not. Would a gr8 thing to have to directly interact with members and well also have live chat :-)
Old 28th October 2010, 17:06   #3307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can we have one single thread for all national and international important auto news. Here members start threads for each and every news in auto industry.
Good idea. It would have to be heavily moderated, with no comment or chat. The posts could have links to the thread for discussion of that news item, so it could be like a kind of index.

by the way: congratulations on the new "offical" test drive forum. Very good!
Old 29th October 2010, 07:57   #3308
Senior - BHPian

Accessory review section missing

Mods,

The Accessory reviews is missing from the Team BHP reviews Section since a couple of days. Has it been moved to some other section as I am unable to find it in any. Kindly advise.
Old 29th October 2010, 09:10   #3309
Team-BHP Support

ghodlur, the Accessory / Part Reviews Sub-Forum has been deleted, and all existing threads moved to the relevant sections.

Reasons:

- Only 8 pages of threads, of which 42 were deleted for repeat topics

- Overlap with the Modifications & accessories forum (sunfilm, petes box etc.)

- Overlap with the technical forum (spare part prices etc.)

- Overlap with the tyre forum (questions & reviews on tyres)

Worst part was, go back only 2 pages and you see threads updated in 2009!!
Old 30th October 2010, 12:43   #3310
BHPian

Request for New Membership Level

Mods,

This is my personal opinion and a humble request. Let’s see how you do treating it.

Is it possible to introduce a new designation for our membership level between bhpians and Senior Bhpians.

Let’s say like, Super Bhpian, Senior Associate Bhpian for members posting more than valuable 500 posts.

To Fellow Bhpians: Any new name designation can also be suggested. Your suggestions/censure required. So please comment.

Regards,
Camon
Old 30th October 2010, 13:27   #3311
BHPian

Nice to see the implementation of official test drives for new cars under a separate section. Over a period of time, a number of car reviews have taken place thanks to the tremendous efforts of mods and the super mod, I would however like to see the drives of other cars introduced earlier but presently on sale, something like a Honda Civic or Skoda Laura in similar structure and photographs.
Old 30th October 2010, 15:33   #3312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camon View Post
Mods,
Is it possible to introduce a new designation for our membership level between bhpians and Senior Bhpians.

Let’s say like, Super Bhpian, Senior Associate Bhpian for members posting more than valuable 500 posts.
+1 to you Camon.

I would love to hear the inputs of the moderators on the same.

Amith
Old 30th October 2010, 17:04   #3313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Slightly OT: Are you working for any IT major? Start off as something, then Associate, Senior Associate, etc etc?

I'd love to second your idea too. But what's the use of differentiating between these categories? Senior BHPians, well, it can be understood that they've been here for quite some time, and hence deserve some privileges. But, till 1k posts, do we really need such a distinction? Or we will need some qualitative measure of the content being posted.
Old 30th October 2010, 17:36   #3314
BHPian

Yes Sir. My career is in banking IT domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Slightly OT: Are you working for any IT major? Start off as something, then Associate, Senior Associate, etc etc?

It's just my personal opinion Silversteed. Everyone in their life expects a career growth and IMHO I feel even for passion oriented bhpians are no way exceptions in it.

Also this recognition will no way compromise our qualitative posting in any form. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
But what's the use of differentiating between these categories? Senior BHPians, well, it can be understood that they've been here for quite some time, and hence deserve some privileges. But, till 1k posts, do we really need such a distinction? Or we will need some qualitative measure of the content being posted.
Regards,
Camon
Old 30th October 2010, 21:54   #3315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sir. My career is in banking IT domain.

It's just my personal opinion Silversteed. Everyone in their life expects a career growth and IMHO I feel even for passion oriented bhpians are no way exceptions in it.
Good that you have a passion for making a difference

For us, the 1k mark, or more importantly, highly packed content (for becoming D-BHPians) would fetch us extra privileges and more importantly, a greater deal of satisfaction.

Quote:
Also this recognition will no way compromise our qualitative posting in any form. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BUT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
we will need some qualitative measure of the content being posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks