Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2010, 22:58   #3316
Senior - BHPian

This has been discussed for more time now, now that we have new moderators on board, when are we going to have a detailed intro of the moderators.
Old 31st October 2010, 00:23   #3317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
This has been discussed for more time now, now that we have new moderators on board, when are we going to have a detailed intro of the moderators.
You can start by reading this old thread... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...oderators.html
Old 31st October 2010, 00:29   #3318
BANNED

Not sure if its discussed before. I have seen many members procuring similar items (car modification/gadgets/carputer components/ICE ) either from India or Abroad.

Since requirements are similar, members with similar requirement can go ahead with Bulk order giving better negotiation power - quality assured as source will be genuine.

We can call this "group buy" and would be surely beneficial in case of imports.
Old 4th November 2010, 19:03   #3319
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Edit feature on 1-1 interaction sub-forum is missing
Done & added. Please check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Can we have all the official Team BHP testdrives (the ones moderators post) in a separate section under "test drives and initial ownership review"?
Official new car reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
TCould there a parked thread (probably in technical stuff or Advice section)
Every possible technical topic or situation that affects the everyday car owner & enthusiast is covered in our technical forum section. Please search. However, your suggestion is noted and we do plan to introduce a Technical Advice sub-section in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Can we have one single thread for all national and international important auto news.
With the Indian market booming, and so many developments on a frequented basis, each bit of important news deserves its own thread. This not only allows a focussed discussion, but also serves as an important reference in the years to come.

However, the irrelevant stuff is usually merged into one thread. Example : The Global Recalls thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
can we have an inline messenger on the forum ??
We've always resisted chat add-ons though there are many readily available. Reason = Important information should be discussed on the forum only. It stays archived for life and will help innumerable other members & guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
something like a Honda Civic or Skoda Laura in similar structure and photographs.
Hmmm...we have typically run our official car reviews only on freshly launched cars. However, we can certainly consider reviewing the important, existing cars that have been around for a while. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Since requirements are similar, members with similar requirement can go ahead with Bulk order giving better negotiation power - quality assured as source will be genuine.

We can call this "group buy" and would be surely beneficial in case of imports.
Any group buy or bulk purchase thread is immediately deleted. For the simple reason that such a thread could eventually have a commercial angle, which our forum should stay free of.
Old 5th November 2010, 04:32   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Surprise[/b]
Edit feature on 1-1 interaction sub-forum is missing

Done & added. Please check.
What is this?
Old 5th November 2010, 05:16   #3321
BHPian

A little more flexibility for thread subscription management:

Just thought of a suggestion to be considered for the next update to BHP.
(P.S. - cannot merge with the earlier post as the edit option has now lapsed)

Would it be possible to give the option to add in a one liner or a few keywords when you subscribe to a thread?

- WHY?
I say this because am now nudging past 350 subscriptions & sometimes im lost as to why ive subscribed to certain threads. Having a one liner that i add (like a little note to myself to refer to at a later date as to why i subscribed to the thread) would be of immense help in regaining the purpose for subscribing to the particular thread.
(Think along the lines of keywords)

And if it is possible for being able to search within these keywords.

All in all, if implemented, this would be a huge advantage to all users as they can now instantly find information that they are looking for & which they had saved in the form of a subscribed thread to refer to at a later date.

I have personally also faced a situation wherein i have to search for the info. Even if the search function is used, believe me, it takes quite a while to find the relevant post you were looking for.

- How will it help?
Therefore, this would solve 2 problems:
1 - Helping in eradicating those threads which are no longer required in your subscriptions. And giving purpose to those which you think are not required but maybe of importance.
(by reminding you the purpose why you subscribed to the thread)

2 - If these keywords are made searchable, it would be a huge time saver & help bring the relevant content to the user in an instant. (This is taking a step further in what BHP believes in i.e. making relevant information available to everyone - it will now be - making relevant information available to everyone instantly)

- To provide some insight & context

NOTE: If this post is not understood correctly, think along the lines of the website Slideshare. It is a platform for sharing & viewing presentations.
Once a member, whenever you "Favorite" a presentation (much like subscribing to it for future reference) it asks you to put in a few keywords of your own. Later when you search those keywords, it shows you all the relevant presentations you favorited earlier with these keywords. These keywords are private & have context only to you & not publicly shared.

This would be of immense help in adding RELEVANCE to the information you have saved (subscribed) & bringing it to you instantly.

[On another note, why do we still have infractions saved on our profiles? I have one with regards to language which i got when i had just joined the forum & wasnt well versed with the rules. This was over 2 & a half years ago & the infraction had already expired way back then. No biggie but its kind of embarassing having it on there after such a long time ]

Last edited by Xehaust : 5th November 2010 at 05:29.
Old 7th November 2010, 18:51   #3322
BHPian

Subtext Under the Super cars and imports in India says "Pictures of Exotic Cars & Bikes spotted in India." . since superbike pics are not allowed to be posted there why write it ? all pics are usually moved by mods to the bikes section .
Old 8th November 2010, 10:59   #3323
BHPian

It's irritating to see bottom right popup ad as it distracts while reading t-bhp info, though the top most one is fine.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:12   #3324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
It's irritating to see bottom right popup ad as it distracts while reading t-bhp info, though the top most one is fine.
Raj,

Log-in buddy! Pop-ups only if you view forum as guest.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:11   #3325
BHPian

My bad, forgot to login .
Old 10th November 2010, 12:27   #3326
BHPian

while searching for new posts or while browsing subscribed threads, i find each thread has two links 1) Go to first post 2) Go to last post with little red arrow icons.

Can we add a link on the thread which will take me to "my last post" in the particular thread ?
Old 10th November 2010, 12:32   #3327
MCR
BHPian

In the "Technical stuff" section, can we have a seperate thread for each model of the car as standard. Say like "Technical problems related to XYZ 600" etc. This way all the technical issues related to each individual model can be covered. This avoids creation of new thread for every individual issue. Also it will be very helpful for the readers to identify the issues under single thread.

Last edited by MCR : 10th November 2010 at 12:33.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:26   #3328
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
What is this?
You only have 389 posts to go before you find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Just thought of a suggestion to be considered for the next update to BHP.
So, in a nutshell, what you are asking for is the facility to add "personal notes" to your subscriptions? I doubt our forum software developers even have this planned, but will check.

In the meanwhile, I suggest updating your subscribed threads list on a frequented basis (that's what I do), and being really selective about the threads you choose to subscribe to (say, the ones that you absolutely have to follow).

Quote:
On another note, why do we still have infractions saved on our profiles?
Among other things, it also serves as a history page for Moderators to quickly know of previous infractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Subtext Under the Super cars and imports in India says "Pictures of Exotic Cars & Bikes spotted in India." . since superbike pics are not allowed to be posted there why write it ? all pics are usually moved by mods to the bikes section .
Thanks! It has been corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
As Happywheels posted, simply log in! Members do not see those ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Can we add a link on the thread which will take me to "my last post" in the particular thread ?
Added to the wishlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
In the "Technical stuff" section, can we have a seperate thread for each model of the car as standard. Say like "Technical problems related to XYZ 600" etc. This way all the technical issues related to each individual model can be covered. This avoids creation of new thread for every individual issue. Also it will be very helpful for the readers to identify the issues under single thread.
The reason that we insist on a new thread for each issue is that, the same problem could have affected another make & model. For instance, say a Chevy Optra owner complains of steering wobble at high speed. The possible solution could be exactly the same for an owner of a Opel Astra. We'd rather have a new thread for each unique issue, than have members / guests search through a 100 page thread.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:34   #3329
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking if it is possible to get notifications if someone quotes you. Like the facebook notifications, when someone comments on a post.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:20   #3330
Senior - BHPian

A few (well many) suggestions:

In the index list, next to the thread starters handle, please give the date/ time when it was started. Enough screen real estate for that.

Related to that, if a person want to post on a dead thread, he should be made aware of that.

When showing the number of pages, instead of showing (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last Page) please show it as say (1 2 3 .. 9 10 11).

Removed threads to be listed, and the reason for removal mentioned.

Anyone who misspells/ misuses brake and break to have an immediate 1 day suspension.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed