Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 01:03   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I have felt the need not sure if anyone else have seen this.

I guess there should be a section were the local residents discuss thier local matter etc. Othewise currently everyone will get to see things of all the cities together.

For e.g. I would prefer a section where we discuss all the topics about Chennai. It would give a city based view of the TBHP.. what say?
I only meant the city related topic only not automotive discussion.
So i understand this better - what section are you suggesting this breakup in?
In Specific:
Changing gears: we can have general section:
But having city specific changing gears would help us discuss local general items.
For e.g. something about a new drama that is in town. etc.

One more instance would be in Travelogue:
I issue I face is the travelogue is not streamlined at all.
For example, if I am looking for travelogues about Pondicherry.
If I enter Pondicherry, all posts having word pondicherry would end up in search.
And almost all of the post dont have the place name in title:
The titles are generally like " Travel to blisss etc."
Its difficult searching a place specific travellogue.

Instead we can have if not statewise atleast, or max North / South / East / West divide. As it is impossible for me to drive from here to Agra, so no point seeing about the road travellogue for Agra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
User CP > Edit Options > Forum Skin > [choose what you want]
Thanks a ton, it helped.

Last edited by xingamazon : 4th December 2010 at 01:06.
Old 5th December 2010, 22:39   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Random pictures of cars that come on the upper right corner of teambhp home page is not visible now. There seems to be an error. Mods please look into it.
Old 9th December 2010, 16:46   #3378
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Random pictures of cars that come on the upper right corner of teambhp home page is not visible now. There seems to be an error. Mods please look into it.
Thanks! Sorted

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
BBCode alignments are now not permitted for signatures. Any specific reason?
Idea is to keep the signatures as simple as possible, and focus only on the (post) content. This is precisely why we disallowed images from signatures (unlike other forums) a couple of years back.

Quote:
Is there a possibility that we can have the skins mapped to the profiles.
Set your preferred skin from your User CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
What will be the best way to check t-bhp via blackberry mobile as via internet browser of simple login method its kinda slow?
Have you checked out our cool mobile skin? Type m.team-bhp.com in your browser. You won't complain about speed any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
A post remove facility to be added with the edit function. This would help remove accidental double posting during net failure/interruption etc.
Probably worth considering.
If you have unintentionally made a double post, please use the "report this post to a Moderator" functionality and we'll get to it ASAP.

Quote:
But having city specific changing gears would help us discuss local general items.
I can understand the temptation of discussing local events & happenings with other BHPians, but please realise that we are primarily an automotive forum (not a local events community). The motivation behind the Shifting Gears forum was to discuss all non-automotive aspects of Indian life, with fellow BHPians whom we know so well. However:

- City-specific off topic forums will be overdoing it.

- Admittedly, we do strictly monitor the "Shifting Gears" forum to ensure that even the non-automotive threads that are allowed there, bring some value to the community.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:10   #3379
BHPian

I don't know what you'll did (if you'll actually changed anything at all) but now I can see most pics from included links which were missing in the mobile skin. Kudos to the team and keep revving!
Old 10th December 2010, 04:17   #3380
BHPian

Just ordered a set of stickers for myself.

I can imagine stickers and their positions on my Esteem, but not on my Fiero. None of them seem to fit perfectly anywhere on the bike. This might change once I have the stickers in hand.

However, any thoughts of introducing round or smaller stickers that could be easily stuck on the Dome or mud guards? I dont want the car teasing the bike and she feeling sad because she has no stickers of her size.

MaSh
Old 10th December 2010, 11:15   #3381
Senior - BHPian

Why the thread descriptions at the top?
Quote:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

This is a discussion on Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians within the Shifting gears forums, part of the Around the Corner category; Originally Posted by Rehaan Originally Posted by xingamazon I have felt the need not sure if anyone else have seen ...
Old 10th December 2010, 13:52   #3382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more instance would be in Travelogue:
I think GTO has replied to the earlier part of your message.
I just wanted to point out, that in the future we will attempt to tackle this part of things (ie searching the travelogues section with better accuracy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
However, any thoughts of introducing round or smaller stickers that could be easily stuck on the Dome or mud guards?
Will consider it for the next round of sticker designs.
For now the small clear stickers work quite well on bikes - there are quite a few photos of the same if you comb the stickers thread.

Quote:
We're trying out some new settings and a few add-ons, currently still in the testing phase.

Cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th December 2010 at 13:56.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:25   #3383
BHPian

I think the thread "Everything about Wheel Alignment" by Nikhilb2008 is more suited at Technical stuffs than Modifications & Accessories/Tyre & Alloy wheel Section. The article will be useful for a wide range of users facing problems with suspension issues. I accidentally got this thread while googling for wheel alignment and was very useful in figuring out left pulling issue in my car.
Thanks
Old 14th December 2010, 15:39   #3384
Senior - BHPian

I Hope this is the right thread. few minutes back, I tried to Post a reply to an existing thread.it fails to post. I was using Firefox/Webkit browser.
Old 17th December 2010, 23:34   #3385
BHPian

is it possible to change team-bhp loginname? if so how?
Old 18th December 2010, 13:19   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
Nopes, not possible.
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:58   #3387
Team-BHP Support

Was wondering about this when a friend's vehicle broke down.

Can there be a small section where one could post an emergency query; something like "car stranded, engine not switching on" and someone who's online could probably just give an emergency, temporary fix.

Possibly, even by sending a message with the query on a no.

When you are in that situation, going through the entire forum and waiting for GPRS to take its own sweet time could get frustrating.

Random thought.
Old 22nd December 2010, 19:59   #3388
BHPian

Can there be a utility to save the registration number of the BHPian's rides along with his forum user name?
And this utility should allow other users to search for a particular BHPian by his rides registration number and vice versa.
When the rides are spotted with stickers and could not speak to him at that time, We can just come to the forum and search for the member with his rides registration number. And send a PM telling that I had spotted you in so and so location.
This would help us to know the fellow member well, and it will be easy to interact with him if he resides in the same locality or if we spot him daily/frequently on some place/Road etc.

Not sure if this idea is already suggested before and don't know about the difficulties in doing it, But I thought the idea would help in some way to other members.
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:26   #3389
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
However, any thoughts of introducing round or smaller stickers that could be easily stuck on the Dome or mud guards?
Perhaps, you could make use of the numberplate Team-BHP stickers? 4 are included in each set.

Quote:
Removed for logged-in members, in place for guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
I think the thread "Everything about Wheel Alignment" by Nikhilb2008 is more suited at Technical stuffs than Modifications & Accessories/Tyre & Alloy wheel Section.
Well, it's about wheel alignment and hence, the current section is most suitable. Either ways, anyone can find that thread via a simple search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I Hope this is the right thread. few minutes back, I tried to Post a reply to an existing thread.it fails to post. I was using Firefox/Webkit browser.
Considering that you posted this message, I trust the issue was a one-time thingie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
Link to related FAQ Entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Can there be a small section where one could post an emergency query; something like "car stranded, engine not switching on" and someone who's online could probably just give an emergency, temporary fix.
We intend to create an ADVICE sub-section for the most common car problems, which will help members & guests easily troubleshoot the simpler issues. This will be general in nature though.

Also, it's not like the current gen of modern cars break down everyday. Thus, I don't see the need for a sub-section on "emergency breakdowns".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Can there be a utility to save the registration number of the BHPian's rides along with his forum user name?
I think spotting a Team-BHP sticker is easier than remembering registration numbers. If you see a "Got BHP?" in your neighbourhood, just go up and say hi!
Old 24th December 2010, 17:21   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
And this utility should allow other users to search for a particular BHPian by his rides registration number and vice versa.
When the rides are spotted with stickers and could not speak to him at that time, We can just come to the forum and search for the member with his rides registration number. And send a PM telling that I had spotted you in so and so location.
This would help us to know the fellow member well, and it will be easy to interact with him if he resides in the same locality or if we spot him daily/frequently on some place/Road etc.

Not sure if this idea is already suggested before and don't know about the difficulties in doing it, But I thought the idea would help in some way to other members.

But what If I spot your car on the road, I want to call you up and tell you that I saw you. So please put up your phone number as well. And again, what if the network is busy or your phone is off? Might as well put your home address as well, so I can drop in at your place and tell you I saw you at XYZ place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks