Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2010, 19:21   #3391
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
But what If I spot your car on the road, I want to call you up and tell you that I saw you. So please put up your phone number as well. And again, what if the network is busy or your phone is off? Might as well put your home address as well, so I can drop in at your place and tell you I saw you at XYZ place.
I did not mean to say that whenever you spot a Team BHP stickered car you need to call him and interact or go to his place and meet him. I thought the idea would help if you are spotting a BHPian frequently in some place or road and in case if you could not interact with him at that time, search for his handle by his rides registration number and send a PM later telling that you are spotting him frequently on some specific place and time and would like to chat if he is available in the place next time. It is again ones interest to share any detail.

I was just proposing this idea and it is again in hands of moderators in taking it up or proposing the other way to do it.

Already got the other way from GTO in his reply
Old 28th December 2010, 01:42   #3392
Team-BHP Support

I can't seem to upload any pictures. Everytime I add the pictures I want to upload, I get the "This page cannot be displayed" error when I hit the "Upload" button.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:16   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I can't seem to upload any pictures. Everytime I add the pictures I want to upload, I get the "This page cannot be displayed" error when I hit the "Upload" button.
I have the same problem too. I thought it was an issue with my browser ( I use Opera ) but then, I tried the same in IE and got the same issue. Seems like there is a problem with the server. Can we upload using an external image host till the problem gets fixed ?
Old 30th December 2010, 12:43   #3394
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I thought the idea would help if you are spotting a BHPian frequently in some place or road and in case if you could not interact with him at that time, search for his handle
Put a picture of his car up in the Stickers thread; if he's a regular here, he will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I can't seem to upload any pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I have the same problem too.
Thanks for the heads up! The issue has been solved.
Old 1st January 2011, 15:07   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Like/Unlike Post Button.

Like/Unlike Post Button. Not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but I think its a real cool feature to have. Can reduce spamming marginally instead of useless "Thats great!", "I like that" kinda one liner comments. If you guys feel it useful

Here is a reference from another forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-scc.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 16:19   #3396
Senior - BHPian

^

This has been mooted before. The idea against implementing it is that it clutters things up. The forum wears a wonderfully weighed look, kind of like Scarlett Johansson.

And we have very effective moderation of one liners which add no value.

Lets see if the mods change their minds about it.
Old 1st January 2011, 16:39   #3397
BHPian

given the facebook addiction these days, a like button would be a good option. I have been recently looking for a like button on tbhp posts as well :-)
A 'like' button should not however count to your total posts though!
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:20   #3398
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Like/Unlike Post Button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Like/Unlike Post Button...
One of the forums I frequent has a Thanks button. I find it very good to be able to appreciate and acknowledge a post without having to make another post.

Like/Dislike turns into votes for or against. Thanks is neutral, but there when wanted
Old 2nd January 2011, 09:23   #3399
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Just a humble suggestion, the stickers of T-BHP just looks superb on cars, could we have an additional stickers specifically for CNG cars. With a hint of Green background or something.

There are alot of Bhpian's which have CNG kit fiitted. Additonal Green, T-BHP sticker will also promote our care for the Enviornment.

Regards

Amit
Old 2nd January 2011, 09:57   #3400
BHPian

Re: Like/Unlike Post Button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
One of the forums I frequent has a Thanks button. I find it very good to be able to appreciate and acknowledge a post without having to make another post.

Like/Dislike turns into votes for or against. Thanks is neutral, but there when wanted
Agreed 'thanks' makes more sense than 'like' - THANKS for this suggestion i LIKE it
Old 4th January 2011, 17:08   #3401
BHPian

Can we have a dedicated corner for the threads of "Monthly Sales Figures" ? I find it bit difficult to search for older threads in case if I want to compare the sales figures of two or more months?
Old 5th January 2011, 13:06   #3402
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Launch on 21st December 2010. Update: Price on Page 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team-BHP is our home and it has been painstakingly built on solid fundamentals & principles over the last 7 years. Wherever we are today, we don't forget our early days, and the core values that have brought us so far.
GTO if it weren't for this aspect of how you and the support team run this site many of us would have been long gone. I personally value this site because all you guys are a great bunch and we genuinely are helping advancing the automotive dream in a positive and constructive manner.

While nothing so far has been cause for concern its nice always to be reminded that we risk slipping up.

I am sure you and the team will do justice to the Thar and any other car. Public opinion is a strange animal. Sometimes opinion leaders like TBHP can make a huge difference in buyer behavior. We have that added responsibility on our heads now.

Do introduce disclaimers in all your reviews that despite all the care and attention to detail that TBHP applies to every review, they might and most probably usually do reflect the personal views of people that review. Its best always to end a review by encouraging a reader to go to that showroom and at the very least test drive the car and at best use the review as a pointer and never as the last word in concluding about the car.

It will only enhance the effect of what we do here at TBHP. Best wishes for the new year and may the offroading scene continue to rock !!
Old 5th January 2011, 14:32   #3403
GTO
Team-BHP Support

DKG, to avoid going off-topic, I've moved your post to the suggestions thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Do introduce disclaimers in all your reviews that despite all the care and attention to detail that TBHP applies to every review, they might and most probably usually do reflect the personal views of people that review.
Awesome point! I'm thinking of including this in all future reviews:

NOTE : Though I have tested the car through the eyes of an informed enthusiast and potential customer, and with the utmost transparency, I do highly recommend readers to also test it (prior to purchasing). It’s not necessary that you may agree with my views (and vice versa). Plus, it’s important for you to be comfortable in the car…that’s something only you can decide after a test-drive. Do consider my review as merely being indicative of this car.
Old 5th January 2011, 16:52   #3404
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
NOTE : Though I have tested the car through the eyes of an informed enthusiast and potential customer, and with the utmost transparency, I do highly recommend readers to also test it (prior to purchasing). It’s not necessary that you may agree with my views (and vice versa). Plus, it’s important for you to be comfortable in the car…that’s something only you can decide after a test-drive. Do consider my review as merely being indicative of this car.
Excellent !!

This way you ensure TBHP's neutrality is untouched. The general public will appreciate the individual reviewer's perspective and while many will wholeheartedly agree and accept his viewpoint those who don't won't necessarily hold TBHP responsible for something they consider inappropriate
Old 5th January 2011, 17:45   #3405
Distinguished - BHPian

Is ther any way to have a "Latest Threads" link (not "latest posts" which is there today). Reason I ask is I sometimes miss out on totally interesting threads that come up in sections that I don't frequent much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks