Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 23:53   #3421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
GTO -

I'm sure all of us have come across some amazing videos : about cars (like the Honda Accord one or the one about "what it takes for a car to be an Audi" etc.) or about importance of seat belts (one which one awards at some major festival) etc. etc.

Agree, having all videos stored on the website could lead into database issues but how about having a thread where one could paste a link to all these? Of course, only the non-copyrighted ones.
Hey you are free to create such a thread on your own, we have had threads which are essentially compilations. So go ahead, just make sure that the objective is clearly defined for the videos or links/content that gets posted in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post

since this is an automobile forun i guess the travelogue's from road trips in India deserve a seperate section and the rest can be bunched up under a different heading.
Typically we do not like creating new sub-forums & usually create new sections only when we have long list of threads that require a new section. So as of today it doesnt look like we would need such a differentiation we can think about this sometime in future.
Old 16th January 2011, 20:48   #3422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hey you are free to create such a thread on your own, we have had threads which are essentially compilations. So go ahead, just make sure that the objective is clearly defined for the videos or links/content that gets posted in the thread
What category should I create it under??
Old 17th January 2011, 02:40   #3423
Senior - BHPian

You can post it in technical section if the topic is technical. In any case create the thread as per your judgement & we will move it to the correct section if the need be
Old 17th January 2011, 15:09   #3424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
we will move it to the correct section if the need be
I hate it when people say "Will the mods please move/delete/whatever this if it is not in the right place" --- because, you know, they will! That is what moderators do!

Somebody else might say that they hate it when people grumble about trivial things! I agree, and will shut up now <Blush>
Old 19th January 2011, 19:12   #3425

Being a newbie, I read the rules and FAQ section of the forum, in detail.

I came to know that the posts created in the sections 'Shifting Gears', 'Introduce Yourself' and 'The collection of best threads' won't get added to the post count.

I agree that the posts in the 'Introduce Yourself' and 'Shifting Gears' section should not be counted as those posts might not be related to automobiles. But, still I fail to understand why the posts in 'The collection of best threads' are not counted! Gurus please answer my query.
Old 20th January 2011, 07:44   #3426
Distinguished - BHPian

While composing long post like a travelogue or an ownership review, there is always the fear that I may lose all my data and have to retype the entire thing. The workaround for me is to copy periodically into MS Word or Notepad, but there relly should be a "Save" option in addition to submit for WIP posts. Mods?
Old 20th January 2011, 16:05   #3427
Distinguished - BHPian

Copying into Notepad is a good idea. Even copying into the clipboard is something of an insurance, especially just before hitting 'submit'
Old 20th January 2011, 19:37   #3428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekanetra View Post
But, still I fail to understand why the posts in 'The collection of best threads' are not counted! Gurus please answer my query.
Because majority of the responses in this section are related to posting 'Thank you', 'Excellent', 'good going', 'great Thread' etc which doesn't really contribute to that thread or the forum.

@noopster - As of now the best option is to save the text in a text editor like word/notepad etc.
Old 20th January 2011, 19:51   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
While composing long post like a travelogue or an ownership review, there is always the fear that I may lose all my data and have to retype the entire thing. The workaround for me is to copy periodically into MS Word or Notepad, but there relly should be a "Save" option in addition to submit for WIP posts. Mods?
It would bring a huge load on the server, monitoring every word of 100's of people replying to different topics at the same time.

Rather use this plugin for Firefox : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...form-recovery/

One could also use Ctrl + S.
Old 20th January 2011, 19:56   #3430
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X : Test Drive & Review

Mods just an idea. why don't we have official car comaparo series threads. i mean it would be so much helpful to perspective buyers and readers of this forum. example: Nissan 370 vs Mitsubishi EVO etc.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th January 2011 at 13:22. Reason: Post moved to more appropriate thread.
Old 20th January 2011, 21:50   #3431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
It would bring a huge load on the server, monitoring every word of 100's of people replying to different topics at the same time.
I didn't suggest Auto-save if that's what you mean. I meant there should be an optional Save button for those interested in intermittent saves. And the save can be temporary, i.e. I don't need to have to retrieve it on next visit, just for that session.

Anyway, mods have answered so let me not push my luck!
Old 20th January 2011, 23:26   #3432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekanetra View Post
Being a newbie, I read the rules and FAQ section of the forum, in detail.

I came to know that the posts created in the sections 'Shifting Gears', 'Introduce Yourself' and 'The collection of best threads' won't get added to the post count.

I agree that the posts in the 'Introduce Yourself' and 'Shifting Gears' section should not be counted as those posts might not be related to automobiles. But, still I fail to understand why the posts in 'The collection of best threads' are not counted! Gurus please answer my query.
They were being counted until some folks found out that is a nice way of increasing their post counts. But I still feel there are a few threads in there that deserve to be out of that bracket.
Old 21st January 2011, 00:10   #3433
BHPian

When I select posts for multi-quote, they are kept selected forever even after I am done quoting. This creates problem when I have to again multi-quote in the same thread. It shows all previous posts that were selected. So I have to go through entire thread and deselect those posts. The multi-quote button should get reset once the posts have been quoted.
Old 27th January 2011, 12:17   #3434
BHPian

i was wondering if it would be too much to ask if we could have mobile classifieds. its way hard going through them otherwise. you could look at how newegg does it here> m.newegg.com
Old 29th January 2011, 13:38   #3435
Senior - BHPian

I have a suggestion for team-bhp. why don't team-bhp bring up its own magazine? it would be great if we have offline version of team-bhp also.

Most Viewed