Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2011, 18:10   #3541
MK3
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Whenever we search for threads relating to item of our interest in team-bhp, i see that search returns different pages of same thread sometimes since the item of our interest is referred in all those pages. Mostly, when we find a thread that refers the item of our interest, we end up going through the thread almost entirely. Won't it be better if search algorithm is modified in such way that we get unique thread titles and may be a link below the thread like 'search results within this thread'?
Old 26th March 2011, 18:13   #3542
Senior - BHPian

What say about Official New Car Reviews at regular intervals? As there is a really wide range of Manufacturers in India now and there are many cars which we would like an Official Review on. The mods can alternately do the reviews.

I keep checking the ONCR Section often for new additions and I think it would be more interesting if I know when to look for the next review. Like we know when to check the stands for an Auto-mags.

Just a suggestion
Old 26th March 2011, 18:51   #3543
Team-BHP Support

I've got a good suggestion.

You've got the car buyer's guide in every auto-mag these days. Flip to the last few pages and you'll see the list of cars sold in India with all their necessary specifications and overall ranking, etc. This idea could be applied here too.

It should be a page that only the mods are allowed to edit and update, but for everyone to view. Some mods can be assigned to look after the updates on a monthly basis.

This will save several users time, IMO. Not to mention, make things a lot more convenient.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th March 2011 at 18:57.
Old 26th March 2011, 19:17   #3544
Senior - BHPian

A small suggestion from my side.

Instead of locking the booking experience threads in the 'Initial Ownership & Testdrive Report' section, how about moving those threads to the new 'Assembly Line' section?

When a moderator locks a thread, it *might* create an impression in the mind of the thread starter that the moderators of our forum are very rude.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:19   #3545
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'll reply to the other suggestions later, but this one caught my eye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Instead of locking the booking experience threads in the 'Initial Ownership & Testdrive Report' section, how about moving those threads to the new 'Assembly Line' section?
DONE (and actually, already implemented). Completely agree with what you say. Plus, the infinite EDIT facility will greatly help BHPians to fine-tune their review opening post.
Old 27th March 2011, 22:43   #3546
BHPian

Two small suggestion from myside -
  • The quality of posts in our very own Team-BHP is excellent and probably one of the best amongst all similar sites. Why not reward/recognize those members for their quality of posts etc on a weekly/montly basis? (for eg. a status like "Star Contributor of Month")
    They`ll set examples and shall encourage other members to follow them and would help in increasing the quality of posts/info.

• This is not a suggestion - just a feeling, we can see a member being banned who might have posted many valueable posts, information (probably in 2-3000s + in nos.). Yes, rules are rules and applicable to everyone. But again, somebody spending so much time and effort and many a times they share their smaps (including families photos) for public viewing, deserve a chance! (may be demote them to newbie status for moderators to review their posts before making them public)

Also, I noticed, some members being taken back into team-bhp after few months. But for somebody who are permanently banned must have the right to remove their posts from this forum. I mean to say, we can't banned someone and at the same time display informations shared by them, somewhere down the line it doesn't seems fair!

And instead of infractions why not include - green, yellow, red cards !(as in football ).

Thanks for requesting suggestions.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 27th March 2011 at 22:53.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:35   #3547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Why not reward/recognize those members for their quality of posts etc on a weekly/montly basis? (for eg. a status like "Star Contributor of Month")
How will this help ? Dont you think it will increase work of the mods, and also will possibly add to questions & comparisons about the status of members, by members. What is more important is consistent contributions. And members who do this are recognized.
Quote:
Also, I noticed, some members being taken back into team-bhp after few months.
Banning a member is not a knee-jerk reaction. It is something that is done after giving warnings & letting the member know where the rule-break happened. This gives the member sufficient chance to look at the incident, and even to stop future occurances. It is only when this does not help, that a member is banned. This is at first temporary (has a pre-set time limit) and when the ban period expires, the member is automatically re-instated.
(A permanent ban is done only when the member continues to deliberately break forum rules, and is always done with sufficient deliberation by the support team).

Quote:
But for somebody who are permanently banned must have the right to remove their posts from this forum.
Answer to your question /suggestion is your previous point:
Quote:
we can see a member being banned who might have posted many valueable posts, information
So do you suggest that all posts by banned members be removed ? Even if the post was not valuable, it needs to be there (unless it is against forum rules) because it is part of the discussion. Removing posts from a discussion/ thread will upset the flow of the thread and cause confusion.

Last edited by condor : 29th March 2011 at 11:36.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:04   #3548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I've got a good suggestion.

You've got the car buyer's guide in every auto-mag these days. Flip to the last few pages and you'll see the list of cars sold in India with all their necessary specifications and overall ranking, etc. This idea could be applied here too.

It should be a page that only the mods are allowed to edit and update, but for everyone to view. Some mods can be assigned to look after the updates on a monthly basis.

This will save several users time, IMO. Not to mention, make things a lot more convenient.
If you click the "Test Drives" link at the top of the page, you will see that most of what you are requesting is already present. Maybe this information needs to be highlighted better so people can view and notice it more easily.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:14   #3549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
If you click the "Test Drives" link at the top of the page, you will see that most of what you are requesting is already present. Maybe this information needs to be highlighted better so people can view and notice it more easily.
How do you see the Polo 1.6 review in a way explained by you ?

Cheers!
Old 29th March 2011, 21:23   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How will this help ?
Please refer my previous post for the below mentioned sentence :
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
They`ll set examples and shall encourage other members to follow them and would help in increasing the quality of posts/info.
Quote:
Dont you think it will increase work of the mods,
  • Anyways, all posts are scanned by moderators for quality and meeting Team-BHP norms/standards - most are allowed, some are deleted, some attract 'infractions'
  • As this esteemed forum is gaining more popularity and growing big, no. of moderators are also increasing

Quote:
and also will possibly add to questions & comparisons about the status of members, by members.
I doubt! At least, I haven't noticed any questions raised related to any fellow member's Status.

Worst case - even if this happens, moderators can always remove the thread/posts. IMO, members are matured enough to question these kind of things (I may be wrong though, moderators can correct this).

Quote:
What is more important is consistent contributions. And members who do this are recognized.
+1, that's why... Recognition Helps

* Please note, this is just a suggestion from my side and I am not questioning the existing rules/regulations of the forum and to accept / reject the suggestion is the sole discretion of moderators, I don't mind.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 29th March 2011 at 21:27.
Old 30th March 2011, 19:03   #3551
BHPian

Like stickers, would it be a good idea to have tbhp stickers printed on Mugs, TBHP Calendars, stationary,etc.

Imagine having milk from a Mug that has TeamBHP sticker on it.

MaSh
Old 31st March 2011, 23:18   #3552
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
How many of the people here think we need an application on our post PC devices like Smart phones and Tablets ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
umm, no - it would be AWESOME
Oft recommended before, oft not accepted. But this time:

DONE

You can expect an update on the Mobile App in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
If i just tag you, when you log in next you get a pop up similar to the PM pop up.
Useful on a facebook, no doubt, but it will have very limited functionality on Team-BHP. You will understand why we can allocate our resources only in those enhancements that will be used by a majority of members (and guests). For now, best to PM the member a link to the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Would be nice to be able to "like" a comment or a reply in a thread on team-bhp, just like we have on comment threads on other sites (like Techcrunch, for example). It helps to add an agreement to something without having to write one-line replies which seem to be discouraged in team-bhp.
This is similar to the "Thank You" feature that's been requested. As mentioned earlier, it's ready for install, but still under consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I think web browsing in Androids and Iphones is so fast and user friendly that we don't need a separate app for teambhp. I use Opera Mini 6 and surfing Teambhp in full version is a breeze to use.
m.team-bhp.com is your companion on the move

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I bet it can be customized to select only 10 pics and a 1 MB limit as per T-BHP rules.
We cannot modify the attachment system for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3 View Post
Whenever we search for threads relating to item of our interest in team-bhp, i see that search returns different pages of same thread sometimes since the item of our interest is referred in all those pages.
I guess you are using the Google search on top. Try this.

Please use the recently-added "Search within titles" option first....

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-search-within-titles.jpg

Quote:
Won't it be better if search algorithm is modified in such way that we get unique thread titles and may be a link below the thread like 'search results within this thread'?
When viewing a thread, you may use the "Search this thread" option (top right of any thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
What say about Official New Car Reviews at regular intervals? As there is a really wide range of Manufacturers in India now and there are many cars which we would like an Official Review on.
We're doing what we can to cover all the new launches. There are three coming up April

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Flip to the last few pages and you'll see the list of cars sold in India with all their necessary specifications
Started!

Link 1

Link 2

All cars sold in India will be added gradually. Of course, it will be a great help to the community if BHPians like yourself can list out any errors in these Tech Spec & Feature list threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
How do you see the Polo 1.6 review in a way explained by you ?Cheers!
Will be added soon to the Volkswagen -> Polo review you see on that page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Imagine having milk from a Mug that has TeamBHP sticker on it.
While we were earlier open to ideas, we feel that a Team-BHP logo should only make its way on cooler stuff (and NOT coffee mugs). Got some interesting things lined up, but expect the new range of merchandise only in 2012.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2011 at 23:20.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:43   #3553
Distinguished - BHPian

@AvonA7, please remember that the Mods are not doing a full time job of moderating & running Team-BHP. Each of the mods has a full life outside of the forum, and still contributes some valuable time & energy to keep the forum going the way it is.

IMO, you are not seeing the amount of effort it takes to keep things this way. And you dont seem to realize the amount of data & posts that the forum attracts each day - and consequently, what it takes to keep the forum running smoothly.
Old 1st April 2011, 01:21   #3554
Senior - BHPian

could we have a wanted section in the team-bhp classifieds wherein one could post their car/bike requirements?, so that even non members could contact the person who is searching as would be a safer way rather than posting the contact details on a open forum.

was also going to suggest a like button on the individual posts, but it has been already suggested by a fellow member. that would definitely be a good feature and for sure would reduce one-liners and repeated comments in the threads. maybe the upcoming thank-you button could be altered to like button?
Old 1st April 2011, 10:08   #3555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is similar to the "Thank You" feature that's been requested. As mentioned earlier, it's ready for install, but still under consideration.
I know a lot of people are not going to like me for saying this but could you please not have the "Thank you" feature on the forum. I have seen and used a couple of forums where these features are there and trust me, the posts look like a mess with all the "XX people have liked this post", "XX people have thanked the Member", "XX many people have groaned at this post" and what not.

One of the best aspects of this website is the simplicity and absence of unnecessary jazz; I'm sure a lot of us will love it that way.

Just my opinion, Peace!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st April 2011 at 10:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks