Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 03:09   #3631
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

After extensive thought, we've proceeded with the "Thank You" feature. Please don't suggest removing it as we're beyond there.

Our main reservation against this hack was clutter (BHPians like it simple). We think we've taken care of that aspect very well by the + / - (expand / collapse) box. Thus, by default, if a post even has a 100 thanks, it doesn't clutter up the thread view at all.

There are a lot more tweaks pending to this hack, and which you'll see over the coming days.

Thanks
Nice feature to encapsulate in a single link. By the way, GTO, would you and your team also consider introducing a "I AGREE" button. This is because this 'I agree' (or even symbols such as +1, +100, etc) is a common sentiment across many posts. Have this "I Agree" button would eliminate the need for +1 type of comments. This about it.

Melvyn
Old 23rd April 2011, 08:57   #3632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
, GTO, would you and your team also consider introducing a "I AGREE" button.
In this way people will ask for congrats button, nice picture button also. Please forget these buttons now. Though I am used to thank you button now but no more such buttons please.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:17   #3633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
In this way people will ask for congrats button, nice picture button also. Please forget these buttons now. Though I am used to thank you button now but no more such buttons please.
We could end up with a console looking not unlike an F1 steering wheel!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:50   #3634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You know what, that would not be a bad idea at all! I hope you were not being sarcastic when you said this...

An Automotive Forum that has threads that allow members to express their emotions (Positive and Negative) via Automotive style Switches (Buttons) ain't such a bad thing. It could also take away a lot of the emotional banter that we see on so many threads, and make it focus a lot more on content.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:21   #3635
Senior - BHPian

I would like this "Thank You" or "I agree" button features for the Guests on the forum too.
It's because as a member of the forum you can always login and post a reply or send PM to the member thanking him but if a non-member surfs through the forum and found something useful, he has no way to thank a member for his post.
This would also help us measure the responses from the guests on the forum.
We already know the number of guests that are on the forum, but we don't know that we have been helpful for them(or not).
So opening this feature for guests too, will be a value addition IMO.
And I think we don't need more buttons, we were doing good without them and will continue to do so.
Thanks.

Manish.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 23rd April 2011 at 10:50.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:37   #3636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Is the thank you button only for members? Can any anonymous/non member reader thank for the info? This could be meaningful as the readership of the forum is so high that you get to know how much of the information that you posted really helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I would like this "Thank You" or "I agree" button features for the Guests on the forum too.
It's because as a member of the forum you can always login and post a reply or send PM to the member thanking him but if a non-member surfs through the forum and found something useful, he has no way to thank a member for his post.
This would also help us measure the responses from the guests on the forum.
We already know the number of guests that are on the forum, but we don't know that we have been helpful for them(or not).
So opening this feature for guests too, will be a value addition IMO.
And I think we don't more buttons, we were doing good without them and will continue to do so.
Thanks.

Manish.
Can we enable the Thanks option to our guests too? That would make it more meaningful.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:39   #3637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
You know what, that would not be a bad idea at all! I hope you were not being sarcastic when you said this...

An Automotive Forum that has threads that allow members to express their emotions (Positive and Negative) via Automotive style Switches (Buttons) ain't such a bad thing. It could also take away a lot of the emotional banter that we see on so many threads, and make it focus a lot more on content.
And make the pages so heavy that we take a century to open a thread!

Lets keep the forum as uncluttered as we can. It is one of the distinguishing features of the forum. Stuff like no SMS lingo, no more than 2-3 smileys all lend to a clean look for the forum, and we should attempt to retain that characteristic.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:49   #3638
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I concur...
like an old colt. point ,cock and shoot!!
try running XDA dev site on your mobile, and run tbhp, and compare the times.
much easier on limited bandwidth.
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:00   #3639
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

As of now, we have no plans to add any additional buttons. Believe me, it took a lot to add the Thanks button. Equally, I'd like to add, I'm VERY happy with the end result of the Thanks button (especially the collapse / expand functionality).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:24   #3640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm VERY happy with the end result of the Thanks button
+1, it serves the purpose without causing any clutter.
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:21   #3641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Whoa, I wasn't expecting sarcastic replies, especially from a moderator. I guess I made a mistake in making a suggestion on this thread. Mea Culpa. I guess, I'll restrict myself to two things on team-bhp.com -- reading the posts and commenting on the I10 and Alto.

Last edited by misquitas : 23rd April 2011 at 16:39.
Old 24th April 2011, 00:02   #3642
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of excellent initial ownership reviews in this forum. I think a few top reviews should make it to the official new car reviews. Not the entire thread but only the review. Placed just after the review by team BHP experts.

If this is too much to ask then atleast links for such threads must be provided in the official review thread. Top class reviews like that of " Quick First Drive: Fiat Linea 1.4 T-JET " by sidindica goes to the archives just like ordinary threads. I understand all the discussions are continued in the official thread but why let such a valiant effort go unnoticed?
Old 24th April 2011, 08:49   #3643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can we enable the Thanks option to our guests too? That would make it more meaningful.
May not be very useful. That means, I can thank myself without actually logging in
Old 24th April 2011, 08:56   #3644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
May not be very useful. That means, I can thank myself without actually logging in
I wouldn't want to discuss the algorithms of the implementations here. If at all the topic is decided to be done, what is stated above would become an implicit requirement. Hope we are all atleast that intelligent .

As of now its a wish from some users of TBHP, and implementation is best left to the masters who had done a wonderful job till now for TBHP.
Old 24th April 2011, 13:09   #3645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wouldn't want to discuss the algorithms of the implementations here. If at all the topic is decided to be done, what is stated above would become an implicit requirement. Hope we are all atleast that intelligent .

As of now its a wish from some users of TBHP, and implementation is best left to the masters who had done a wonderful job till now for TBHP.
Completely agree Lalu. I just thought of a possible way of misuse. Did not really mean to contradict. Sorry about that!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks