Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 08:55   #3691
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Personally though, I think this feature brings a whole lot of value. It ensures that a post requiring your attention (or just a comment on a post of yours) isn't missed. Very helpful if you participate in multiple sections of the forum. I'm loving it!
Completely agree. For me, this is an excellent addition!
Old 6th May 2011, 09:55   #3692

Re: official flickr! group for t-bhp

I like the idea! I support this initiative.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:16   #3693
Senior - BHPian

The Technical Specification and Feature List Threads by Stratos

Can the threads be parked or moved to a sub forum under Technical Specifications section?

i think the threads get lost in the crowd - searching for them is an option, but i think it will be better if we have a sub forum (under TS section) for the threads created by Stratos.

love the "you have been quoted" PMs - i get a PM and an email from TBHP on my phone about the same - don't find it disturbing at all.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 6th May 2011 at 11:17.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:40   #3694
Senior - BHPian

Trust me i am loving every minute of this feature too.
Here's why.
Whenever i get a PM, i get an e-mail, and since i have a BB. I get it almost instantly. So even when i am out, i get to know who quoted me, and so when i get back home i know which thread needs to be viewed first.
Fabulous!
and thanks once again.
Old 6th May 2011, 12:47   #3695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorted! Please ensure that the option "NO" is selected in your User CP. Then, you shouldn't be receiving any more you've been quoted PMs.

Thanks.

You always have the option of switching the feature off from your user CP

Personally though, I think this feature brings a whole lot of value. It ensures that a post requiring your attention (or just a comment on a post of yours) isn't missed. Very helpful if you participate in multiple sections of the forum. I'm loving it!

It is usefull indeed - the problem has been that it sends a PM and an email (I know I can turn the email off - but rather not) - and that cluttered my mailbox beyond imagination.
Old 6th May 2011, 13:19   #3696
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a feature which enables us to know how many members are from a particular state? For example I would like to know how many members are from Delhi/NCR region.

EDIT - I just found that members list has the advance search option by which we can search by location also. So the feature is already there.

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th May 2011 at 13:29.
Old 6th May 2011, 16:05   #3697
BHPian

Guys I was thinking how about having a shoutbox on the forum. Its a place where you can ask your smalls doubts and if someone has any information one can reply there. It is just like a chatbox. I am attaching a picture of a sample shoutbox. You can see on the right hand side you have a box for typing your query. On the left hand side you see the queries different users have posted in chronological order. If someone knows the answer they can reply on the shoutbox itself. Below the shoutbox you can have your normal threads and sections. This might come handy for people who just need some quick information. Ignore if this suggestion has already been discussed.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-shoutbox.jpg  

Old 6th May 2011, 16:42   #3698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed a valuable feature addition to the forum. But, I would just like to share what happened yesterday.
I was on two threads and got quoted on both of them by multiple members and was receiving continous PMs. Notification part was ok.
But what I didn't like that after clicking the link in PM, it opens that in a new window. So, I had multiple TBHP windows open.
Kinda gets, confusing and cluttered. I didn't know on which window , what tabs are open.
So,can the option be set to open the link in the same window ?
Or can it be done by going to Personal UCP?
Old 6th May 2011, 16:57   #3699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
It is usefull indeed - the problem has been that it sends a PM and an email (I know I can turn the email off - but rather not) - and that cluttered my mailbox beyond imagination.
It actually sends a private message.
If you have email enabled on Private message, then you will receive email for this.
So in your User options you can disable "email notification on private messages" and then you won't get the private message email
Old 6th May 2011, 17:14   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post

So,can the option be set to open the link in the same window ?
Or can it be done by going to Personal UCP?
You should get a popup in Firefox/Chrome asking you whether to open the PM in a new window or the same window.
Old 6th May 2011, 17:21   #3701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
You should get a popup in Firefox/Chrome asking you whether to open the PM in a new window or the same window.
Prateek, attaching a screenshot here.
Opening in same window is not a option. And even if you click OPEN, it takes to a new window.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg
I am on IE8 in office, and have Opera at home laptop. Same window is not a option, either new tab or new window is the only option.
Old 6th May 2011, 17:33   #3702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Prateek, attaching a screenshot here.
Opening in same window is not a option. And even if you click OPEN, it takes to a new window.
I am on IE8 in office, and have Opera at home laptop. Same window is not a option, either new tab or new window is the only option.
In IE8, do the following:

Tools (Press Alt if the menu isn't available) -> Internet Options -> General Tab -> Tabs and then select the following.

Name:  openpopupnewtabthumb.png
Views: 274
Size:  13.2 KB

EDIT: Oops, I got your question wrong. Let me google and see if I get an answer.

EDIT 2: No, you either have to open in a new tab or a new window. You can't open a window in the same window in IE8.

Last edited by prateekm : 6th May 2011 at 17:49.
Old 8th May 2011, 00:00   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

As of now, we have no plans to add any additional buttons. Believe me, it took a lot to add the Thanks button. Equally, I'd like to add, I'm VERY happy with the end result of the Thanks button (especially the collapse / expand functionality).
Hi GTO,

One query regarding the newly added feature - "Thanks Button"

If some member uses this Feature, then this is showing under LastPost for that particular thread with date/time.

Where as this is not actually a post as in there is no post as such.

The reason I mentioned this - one might Thank some post with an Older date w.r.t. the last post in that particular thread, say 1 week OLD, and somebody searching for the latest post might be confused with the LastPost date/time as thanks can be searched only for the particular post clicking the '+' icon.

If you wish I can give you the example post/thread.
Old 8th May 2011, 07:23   #3704
Senior - BHPian

Re: official flickr group for t-bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hi All,

flickr! is the most popular photograph sharing site for photographers and t-bhp is the most popular automotive site in India. Travel and photography go hand in hand. Many of us here are amateur and many are professional photographers.

That said, we definitely need an official t-bhp group on flickr! . I wanted to create one but I though it would be better for the mods to do so. MODS, please help us by doing the same.

Thanks!

P.S. Since there is not thread on this topic, I thought it would be okay to start a thread and get everybody's views on the same.
Mods, what are your thoughts on this one?
Old 8th May 2011, 10:31   #3705
Team-BHP Support

Got a suggestion. I feel we should have a home rule to insist on the thread title to be in English. This will help in better participation from the members.

Edit: I just got a message saying "You've been quoted". I clicked on the link, and I was taken into the mentioned thread, but the said message was missing. Not sure what is the issue. Here is a screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-you-have-been-quoted.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th May 2011 at 10:52. Reason: Additional feedback added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks