Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

You are way ahead of me!

Anyway, thanks for making me think of this
Old 20th May 2011, 16:54   #3767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Sometimes I wish there was an option to 'Favourite' a post in a thread.
A way of making folders to sort
Well, for threads, there are subscriptions - which even let you sort them into your own folders.

However, for posts - the "thank you" method seems like a good make-shift solution for now

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:53   #3768
BHPian

Okay, I am sure this must have been suggested before. So, here goes nothing.

Team-bhp T-shirts please
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:40   #3769
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to include whole post in the "post deleted" (and may be moved) notifications?. Sometimes we write a long post and find it missing because it was off topic or unacceptable for any other reason.That way we will have a record of what we wrote.

Same for a whole thread getting deleted which does not result in notification at all.
vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:14   #3770
Senior - BHPian

Best option is to Report a Post after the deleted post or to reply to the notification requesting for the content of the deleted post/thread.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 13:27   #3771
BHPian

Hi,

As I learn my way around this awesome community, something occurred to me that might be useful to all of us.

Google as of now has an option to share one's location if one uses a mobile phone with GPRS/3G and Google Maps. I think it is called Google Latitude.

If there is a Team-BHP specific Latitude kind of a corner, this would definitely help all those who are travelling across the country.

Let me explain what I mean. If I were to start of on a drive to Krishnagiri from Bangalore to treat my friends to a dosa at the A2B there (not to mention that the long drive is actually the motive!), all I would need to do is to log in to the GPS/A-GPS enabled site and immediately see all the Team-BHPians who are in the vicinity - maybe someone in Hosur, someone behind me on the highway and so on.

It would be in someway, equivalent to the radar that aircraft have of all the aircraft in a particular airspace!

This would also be of great help to someone who needs help on the highway or while on travel.

The application could allow 'pinging' others members and possibly sharing a chat message.

In some ways, if implemented, this would be the modern day equivalent of the HAM radio enthusiasts from another era.

Warm regards,
NagaSid
naga.sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 14:56   #3772
BHPian

Try Waze, download it on your phone from www.waze.com

Then go through this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...martphone.html

There was a TBHP group there. Don't know how active it is.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 15:01   #3773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
all I would need to do is to log in to the GPS/A-GPS enabled site and immediately see all the Team-BHPians who are in the vicinity - maybe someone in Hosur, someone behind me on the highway and so on.
Do you intend to say something similar to Waze?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...martphone.html
Old 25th May 2011, 21:56   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
If you wish I can give you the example post/thread.
Please do, I didn't quite understand your suggestion.
Apologies, GTO, now I myself not able to find that.

Anyways, while browsing today, I noticed that I am able to EDIT a post even after 20 mins (> 25 mins).

I checked the below thread, pt. 3 which mentions it is still 20 mins -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html

I am happy that I was able to edit the post after 20mins., the editing time is increased?

BTW, this time I am attaching the details -

Post # 221 in the below link, also pic attached
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2365753
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp1.jpg
Old 25th May 2011, 23:04   #3775
BHPian

Hi,

Thank you slicvic and selfdrive! Waze is awesome and real useful.

A related link on social GPS I found is Social GPS

I look forward to the next Team-BHP meet in Bangalore when we can all use something like this - should be fun for sure!

Warm regards,
NagaSid
Old 26th May 2011, 08:01   #3776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am happy that I was able to edit the post after 20mins., the editing time is increased?
The editing time has been increased to 30 mins, during February or March 2011, so that the uploaded but unreleased attachments also stay alive for that much longer.

I remember contacting the Support Team on March 24th as I was able to edit the post even after 20 mins.
Klub Class is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 13:52   #3777
BHPian

Why not the 'Ownership Review' panel in Team-BHP portal/home page is updated regularly with links to new car reviews rather than keeping the link to old ones for quiet a long time.
Yes,the new car reviews can be checked in the respective thread. But this is just a thought.
Old 26th May 2011, 20:51   #3778
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I haven't searched if the following was discussed earlier!

can we have "Like" & "Dislike" buttons just like the "Thanks" button added some time back?
That would be overkill. Thanks & Like kinda overlap, so we'll only stick to spreading the love with the Thanks button for now. However, if you spot any post against the rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
we have stronger variation,
"thanks" and "report"...
As Mayankk posted (good one, BTW)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Thanks GTO. Loved the app. Downloaded it the moment it was announced. A Great Application indeed. Cant suggest anything to improve it at the moment. Looks really good.
Thank you

Quote:
On the same note, it would have helped you guys funds wise had you made it a paid app. Im sure everyone who uses it,members/non-members would definitely pay a small nominal fee for a TBHP app on the go.
Appreciate the thought & offer. But one reason we decided on a Team-BHP branded App is that our Members & Guests can download it free of cost (versus the paid versions of Tapatalk & ForumRunner). I am dead against charging BHPians for any forum features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Motorcycle ride reports are due. (The former needs to be addressed )
Gotcha, Sheel! Treat for you in 2 weeks. Promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
But in that case it would display as a search result, with all the latest posts first.

Lets say i was reading a long term review, or a Yeti travelogue which has been written in multiple posts, with comments from other BHPians in between. It would be useful if we could read all posts by the thread starter in continuity, and in chronological order.

Thanks
V
That's the only way for now. However, I'm hoping that the Assembly Line feature helps here. BHPians are now frequently uploading substantial content (usually 4 - 5 posts together) and only then moving it to the public forum. This is a better situation, compared to the pre-assembly line days where, before the thread starter completed his 2nd post, there'd be 20 comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
I think you didn't get me, as you have mentioned 30 parked threads in a section.
Yeah, it totally bounced off my head. Sorry about that. Your suggestion is noted, although we have something much better planned. Wait & watch, you will be very happy with the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just curious, what's the criteria for a particular thread to be listed under the "Hot Threads" on the Portal page?
Chosen manually, based on content quality, replies & views. The list is usually updated every Thursday.

Quote:
Secondly, any chance you'd wanna consider adding more cars to the Car image ticker on the right hand corner. (I guess most of the cars belong to the Mods).
Only 3 of the 10 cars belong to Mods (My Jeep, Khan's Gypsy & Rudra's Amby). We'll keep updating the list from time to time. For the record, these cars were NOT chosen because they belong to Mods; rather, each is unique in its own special way to the Indian car scene.

Quote:
When a newbie quotes someone, the quotee (wonder if this word exists!) gets a PM instantly; while the post is displayed only after the MODS approve it. Is it possible the system could be tweaked so that PMs are sent after the MODS approve the post.
It was evaluated. However, the pm-when-quoted functionality & the Mod Que work entirely independently. It's something we'll have to live with. However, the turnaround time for newbie posts (from posting to approval) has drastically reduced. Hopefully, the post is already available before you get to it.

Quote:
Just realized - is the "PM-when-quoted" feature off for the categories for which posts are not counted (eg. Collection of best threads, Shifting Gears etc)?
Nope, it works for all forum sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
There aren't any mechanics listed there, RTO agents, audio shops, detailing guys, radiator manufacturers; but nothing dedicated to Good authorised service centres or private individual mechanics in the Bombay suburbs
Of course there are mechanic listings. You'll see Sunil Shanbagh (Select Auto Works), Nakita Motors (Bandra), SmokeAge, Best Auto Electrical works, Satish (Mulund) and more.

BTW, authorised service centers go into the dealerships forum. The Team-BHP Directory is only for independents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Would it be possible to slightly stretch the total number of characters allowed in the signature?
Sure thing and done. Character limit increased from 130 to 150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
As an example, in the 'Guide to Eating Out' threads, a certain post might recommend a great place I want to try out! I simply favourite the post and choose for it be favourited under a custom food folder! Later on, it'll be easier for me to find that info when I need it!
I suggest you use a word document to maintain a list of eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Okay, I am sure this must have been suggested before. So, here goes nothing.

Team-bhp T-shirts please
It's there on our to-do list, but currently somewhere at the bottom. Will come for sure. And when they do, they'll be beautiful.

Quote:
Anyways, while browsing today, I noticed that I am able to EDIT a post even after 20 mins (> 25 mins).
Klub Klass got it spot on with his reply. However, IF you can edit posts beyond 30 minutes, do let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Why not the 'Ownership Review' panel in Team-BHP portal/home page is updated regularly with links to new car reviews
That list will be updated, Bulzire, but with newer cars added to the ownership review section itself.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2011 at 21:06.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:37   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Would it be possible to add a feature like "You've been reffered"?
For ex: I am quoting someone else in the post, but i need another person also to comment on that.
Like how we add an '@' sign in front of the handle.

My point is, once this @ sign is added to the persons name, he gets an update (just like you've been quoted) and then the person can choose to respond. Of course, this again can be turned off by individuals.

I hope Ive not confused anyone with this post! .

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 27th May 2011 at 16:38. Reason: Formatting
Old 27th May 2011, 17:08   #3780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Would it be possible to add a feature like "You've been reffered"?
For ex: I am quoting someone else in the post, but i need another person also to comment on that.
Like how we add an '@' sign in front of the handle.

My point is, once this @ sign is added to the persons name, he gets an update (just like you've been quoted) and then the person can choose to respond. Of course, this again can be turned off by individuals.

I hope Ive not confused anyone with this post! .
You could use the "quote" for it. Replace the handle with the person you want to refer. Eg. You are talking with XYZ; include the following to refer me in the post:

"[quoe=libranof1987]X
[/quoe]"

Be sure to write it as "quote". I've ommitted a "t" because otherwise it is not displayed.

Be sure to include some character eg. X in the between; else it blanks out.

Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only 3 of the 10 cars belong to Mods (My Jeep, Khan's Gypsy & Rudra's Amby). We'll keep updating the list from time to time. For the record, these cars were NOT chosen because they belong to Mods; rather, each is unique in its own special way to the Indian car scene.
I did not intend to say only the MODS' cars are displayed; sorry if it came out that way.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th May 2011 at 17:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks