Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:34   #3811
Senior - BHPian

On a DIFFERENT TANGENT

IDEA - Team-BHP as a Service Provider for Auto Industry:

I believe/hope that, by now, Team-BHP, with it's reserved and controlled membership policies, has built up a credible Member Base, that consists of numerous experts from various dimensions of the automotive field, alongwith a large number of enlightened users of all types of automotive products.

Quote:
Is it possible that Team-BHP, going forward, also starts offering to become a mediator in provisioning Consulting Services to all types of Automotive (& related) companies, and leverages identified Senior and Distinguished BHP-ians for the same?
I don't think any company would presently have direct access to such diverse expertise, in our country.

Of course all the necessary conditions around legality, secrecy and confidentiality would need to apply, but it can start generating a lot more revenue for Team-BHP and the distinguished people in the community.

I see the potential services portfolio ranging from:
- Assisting new players help assess Indian market conditions and opportunities
- Suitably modifying existing product portfolio to changing Indian conditions
- Focussed Design Opportunities
- Focussed Trouble-shooting on Design Flaws
- User Experience Assessment on new vehicles and upgrades

... so on and so forth.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:24   #3812
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Please include the opening date of any thread next to the name of the OP it will be really helpful!

Why?

Simply because many times we would like to check new threads and not the ones that have been bumped. It would become really easy to identify a recently updated one and a new one.

Thanks,

Furebo

Last edited by Furebo : 2nd June 2011 at 18:39.
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:03   #3813
Team-BHP Support

@Furebo - Whenever you go to the first page of a particular thread where the OP has started it, it should have a date & time mentioned on it.

For eg, I can see you have posted this on forum at 18:24 on 2nd of June '11.
Similarly, if you go to the first page of this particular thread, you may see GTO has started this particular thread on 8th June at 8:04 pm.

Hope I have been of help
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:46   #3814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hope I have been of help
Thanks buddy for trying to help. But that is not what I meant. Visit the link below:

Linky: Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports - Team-BHP

This is the screen-grab of the same:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-capture.png

Now notice the arrow next to @poloman that is where the mods can add the opening date so we don't have to click on the thread to know when it was started. We would like to see the opening date of the thread because many times we would like to check new threads and not the ones that have been bumped. It would become really easy to identify a recently updated one and a new one.. Like we know that @Chethan_B_G is the latest contributor who has made the last post on 2nd June.

Hope I have been able to clarify.

Last edited by Furebo : 2nd June 2011 at 23:54. Reason: Correction
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:01   #3815
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone enlighten me about how the buddy feature is useful?. Apart from seeing who's online.

Tnx!
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:22   #3816
Team-BHP Support

Why is there a mismatch in the no. of posts "thanked" and the list of posts thanked?

My guess -
1) server takes time to refresh the list
2) if the same post is liked multiple times, it shows up only once (doubt this though).

Attaching screen grabs.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2011, 18:29   #3817
Team-BHP Support

Three quick replies for now :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Can someone enlighten me about how the buddy feature is useful?. Apart from seeing who's online.
Seeing whos online as well as quickly sending PMs to groups of people on your buddy list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
if the same post is liked multiple times, it shows up only once (doubt this though).
This is the reason.
If a post of yours has 55 likes, it shouldn't have to show up 55 times in the search results right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
New bug to report: have the webpages of team-bhp.com been Flash-enabled? Every time I click on a page today, it pops me this warning:
Some google ad banners use flash, this is why you're getting this intermittently.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:43   #3818
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This is the reason.
If a post of yours has 55 likes, it shouldn't have to show up 55 times in the search results right?
I was hoping this would be it but, I just checked each post that has been thanked. The list shows 45 "thanked" posts while my thanked count is 51. I went thru' each post in the list and only 3 have been thanked twice. So, it should be 48. Still not working out to 51.
Old 4th June 2011, 11:55   #3819
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP Car of the Year Suggestions:

- The 2010 COTY thread received only about 1000 votes. This is way too low when you look at the total number of members (60,000 plus) and even the number of members who are online at any instant ("currently active petrolheads").

I would recommend somehow actively promoting this particular thread - perhaps via private message or even an email to all the members with the link to the thread.

- When the list of contenders are announced, a link to the official team-bhp review of that particular car is a good idea.

- GTO & other moderators should put in their vote only at the end. I think their choice for the car of the year greatly influences the number of votes for that particular car. Of course, you could put in your thoughts on the cars launched that year, without actually hinting where your vote would go.

- Like other COTY awards from other magazines, how about other categories of awards like Design of the Year, SUV of the year, Leather Seats Of the Year Award etc?
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 16:24   #3820
BHPian

Traffic Rules and Regulations:

I am wondering why we don't have any thread/forum for this. there are several thread started by users (like by rule_breaker, started on Feb'11 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...les-signs.html, by normally_crazy http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fic-rules.html, on Dec'07 etc.) which never crossed the 2-3 pages! it seems like Traffic rule are not so important to know, let alone discuss.

I would like to suggest to make a thread like "Announcement: Team-BHP Rules - Please read before posting " which is managed by Admin and should appaer on top of every thread/topic.

Can we do it?

P.S.ear All, if i have missed such thread/topic in my search please, point me to it.
Old 8th June 2011, 17:42   #3821
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Infractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23 View Post
For example, if I do not know the correct spelling of the word "classified" and according to me its "claccified".
Apart from all browsers, even Microsoft Word offers spell check options. So, its pretty difficult these days to type in "claccified" instead of "classified", unless one is careless.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 18:11   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Apart from all browsers, even Microsoft Word offers spell check options. So, its pretty difficult these days to type in "claccified" instead of "classified", unless one is careless.
That is just an example buddy. Also by your reply, it is evident that it is indeed hard to make a spelling mistake as the document editor will highlight the mistake.

My point was regarding the procedure of issuing an infraction. Its quite simple, after issuing the infraction just let the member know what exact mistake he/she has made. Merely telling the type of infraction is not enough.

Now in my case, I do not know whether I have made a spelling mistake, grammatical error or both. Also I do not know in which word/sentence I have made the mistake.

Others might have also faced similar dielama with their infractions. So, my suggestion is just to quote the violating word/sentence along with the PM
that the moderators send to the violator.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:16   #3823
Senior - BHPian

Lately, I have seen that managing attachments is quite a painful job especially when you have 10+ pictures to attach. Can't we have an option to attach all files at once rather than choosing file 1, file 2, ..... It would save a lot of time
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 19:05   #3824
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, +1 to your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23 View Post
For example, if I do not know the correct spelling of the word "classified" and according to me its "claccified".
The moderators will NOT infract the members for a single misspelt word or two. The moderators will infract the members only if the post falls under the 'poorly readable' category. ie, the posts with many grammatical and spelling erros. Oh yeah, I'm yet to see a moderator who infract the members for a single misspelt word or for a single SMS slang!

If what you had said was true by any chance, then a good number of the members might have ended up receiving infraction for using the word 'break' instead of 'brake'*

* Kindly take no offence, please.
Old 8th June 2011, 19:10   #3825
BHPian

Can we subscribe to some key words, and get a notification when a thread tagged with the keyword is selected?

For Example, i have a Vista and an A-Star, and would certainly be interested in new threads or queries regarding the two. Now if i'm unable to login for a few days, i'd miss a new thread if it was started, and didn't get momentum. The Thread starter can give Keywords, and all users who have subscribed to the keywords would get a notification. So next time i login i know that there is a new thread started in the area of my interest.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks