Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 16:41   #3841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
One feature i would like to see it "Draft".
Hi Mayank, actually, the whole assembly line section is a kind of draft. Just think of the submit button as 'save' as you can always edit it if needed. If you find the reply long, just 'submit' and then edit again.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:48   #3842
BHPian

i think we should have a team bhp tag like a badge or something with a strap which you can wear on a team bhp meet or a t-shirt so that a bhpian can easily be identified because the last meet i went for at sunny dhaba it was difficult for me to figure out who is a bhpian from the crowd.
Old 13th June 2011, 21:25   #3843
Team-BHP Support

Now that we have a separate folder for Official Team-BHP reviews, can we have an announcement / private message notification to all members once a new Official review thread is initiated? I feel this will be of great help.
Old 13th June 2011, 21:58   #3844
BHPian

Is there a way to delete threads that haven't had a response in quite some time?
Example. I started a thread on driving from Mumbai to Badrinath but haven't seen a response to that. It is creating clutter and nothing else.
I'm still a Newbie and that would be another post-count down. But, seriously as someone said "Gotta reduce the noise, man".
rtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 22:16   #3845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Now that we have a separate folder for Official Team-BHP reviews, can we have an announcement / private message notification to all members once a new Official review thread is initiated? I feel this will be of great help.
Everyone wouldn't be interested in checking out the car reviews. So, does it make any sense in sending a mass PM?

Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon
Is there a way to delete threads that haven't had a response in quite some time?
There is NO way to delete the threads started by you.

But you might consider 'reporting' the thread to the moderators stating the reasons why you wish to delete your thread. The moderators will delete the thread if found necessary.
Old 14th June 2011, 04:49   #3846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class
There is NO way to delete the threads started by you.

The moderators will delete the thread if found necessary.
I as referring to moderator action but something they could initiate on their own.
Old 14th June 2011, 06:27   #3847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Example. I started a thread on driving from Mumbai to Badrinath but haven't seen a response to that. It is creating clutter and nothing else.
I'm still a Newbie and that would be another post-count down. But, seriously as someone said "Gotta reduce the noise, man".
Rather than deleting the thread i recommend you get the thread closed as it has lost its purpose and existence. You could do this by sending a PM to moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Mayank, actually, the whole assembly line section is a kind of draft. Just think of the submit button as 'save' as you can always edit it if needed. If you find the reply long, just 'submit' and then edit again.
Well yes but when you are responding to a thread already in public domain you cant go to assembly, also sometimes the responses aren't one liners, like the thread that i recently created it takes something like a day for me to put what i would like to say and sometimes it goes into pages, hence felt there would be a need.

Specially in situation where one is composing a TL in different stages of journey and has made the thread public. The next post would consume time as there is a lot of text needs to be thought and typed, and then there are pictures and videos their order, sequence, and the text that needs to go along with them. All this is too much to do on a Notepad and hence the need for a Draft for response.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th June 2011 at 06:47.
Old 14th June 2011, 07:56   #3848
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Everyone wouldn't be interested in checking out the car reviews. So, does it make any sense in sending a mass PM?

Just my two cents.
Well, an official review is something which is highly regarded in the forum. And what we’re talking is around 10-15 private messages (with that many no. of new launches in a year). We get PMs for various announcements, quotes etc., and I don’t think this will create any sort of inconvenience. This will be helpful even if 25% of our members are interested in the official reviews (infact I feel almost whole of the active members are keen on the official reviews). Anyway, just a suggestion from me
Old 14th June 2011, 08:33   #3849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Just my two cents.
Nice suggestion VB-SAN.

At least we can give an option for interested members...something like this "want to be alerted for new car reviews, click here to subscribe"
Old 14th June 2011, 09:13   #3850
Senior - BHPian

I just realized that one can't change his location. Why not have 'hometown' and 'present location' ? Where hometown location is made permanent and the user is allowed to change the present location? Helps in quick meets etc.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:44   #3851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I just realized that one can't change his location. Why not have 'hometown' and 'present location' ? Where hometown location is made permanent and the user is allowed to change the present location? Helps in quick meets etc.

Are you sure about this?

I think I did change my location at least once (had it Ghaziabad before, added Hyderabad later)

EDIT: I added Mysore just now - could have removed the old ones also. Just go to the "User CP" on top left of this page, click on that and then in the left pane click on "Edit Profile" - you'll get the option to edit your location.

Last edited by vina : 14th June 2011 at 11:47.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:28   #3852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, an official review is something which is highly regarded in the forum. And what we’re talking is around 10-15 private messages (with that many no. of new launches in a year). We get PMs for various announcements, quotes etc., and I don’t think this will create any sort of inconvenience. This will be helpful even if 25% of our members are interested in the official reviews (infact I feel almost whole of the active members are keen on the official reviews). Anyway, just a suggestion from me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Nice suggestion VB-SAN.

At least we can give an option for interested members...something like this "want to be alerted for new car reviews, click here to subscribe"
There is one way to get notified. But i guess it will send you emails for new posts as well. Not sure though. The mods can clarify.

Here's what to do:

Go to the forum and select forum tools and click on subscribe to this forum.

Then choose daily or weekly email notification.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-picture-1.png  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-picture-2.png  

Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 14:02   #3853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Are you sure about this?

I think I did change my location at least once (had it Ghaziabad before, added Hyderabad later)

EDIT: I added Mysore just now - could have removed the old ones also. Just go to the "User CP" on top left of this page, click on that and then in the left pane click on "Edit Profile" - you'll get the option to edit your location.
Oh yes, my bad. I am able to do it. Came up with the suggestion cause last time I couldn't. Thanks a ton!
Old 14th June 2011, 15:30   #3854
BHPian

In Test Drive difference with Previous version

In the test drives / ownership review section, it would be nice to have a suptopic differentiating the uplift from the previous models/versions

for e.g. between ANHC and NHC and OHC.
Both quantitative and qualitative.

Though we can dig this info out, it would be nice to have at one shot.
Old 14th June 2011, 19:28   #3855
BHPian

Like Test Drive / Ownership report... can we have service report

It would be useful if a thread/forum dedicated to discuss the general service aspects of each model.

One thread per model (like the ownership report), and linked to the ownership report at the portal page.

Just a nascent thought. Mods may have a better idea to implement !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks