Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 21:54   #3856
Senior - BHPian

Print option for posts

i was just reading GTO's post on Safe Driving in the Rains and wanted to take a printout to share with some folks i know who would be benefited, but i didn't have a option just to print that section of the post. to print i would have to print the whole page, which is not what i would have wanted.

can we have a option, like many sites do, to open a post in a printer friendly version, which then can be printed conveniently?
Old 15th June 2011, 00:20   #3857
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

This is with regards to the Team-BHP Stickers (and i don't know if anyone has suggested this earlier).
People have noticed that there are several non-members having TBHP stickers on their rides.

This could be 'cause of the following reasons:
1. members selling their cars (without removing the stickers)
2. members getting stickers for their friends, relatives, etc.
3. non-members being able to order straight form the website

while 1 and 2 (above) can't be controlled, it is certainly possible to put a stop to 3.

I find it imperative to allow only members to order stickers (by making the store accessible only once the user signs in with his/her handle); or else - as several members have pointed out - people may start perceiving the stickers as a symbol of bad driving. I am assuming here that members don't cause inconvenience to others on the road (which is to a reasonable extent, true).
Old 16th June 2011, 13:07   #3858
BHPian

Hi,
In the advice section, after the main article lots of pages are there with posts from members. For a newbie its difficult to read all the pages. Could the initial article itself be periodically modified to add any relevent value additions by members so that it becomes a comprehensive article?
Does the serch function allow use of quotes and '+' as in google search?

Is there any possibility to enable buyers to go in for collective bargains from manufacturers/dealers directly? A thread on 'I am planning to buy' (separate for each manufacturer) just like a poll so that at any point of time one can know how many members are on the verge of buying a particular car. Dont know how you can have live data though. But it will be an amazing feature to collaborate for buyers in a state/city

Rgds
VW
Old 16th June 2011, 14:29   #3859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Is there any possibility to enable buyers to go in for collective bargains from manufacturers/dealers directly? A thread on 'I am planning to buy' (separate for each manufacturer) just like a poll so that at any point of time one can know how many members are on the verge of buying a particular car. Dont know how you can have live data though. But it will be an amazing feature to collaborate for buyers in a state/city

Rgds
VW
That goes against the forum's policy of non-commercialization. Mods can clarify this.

Moreover, I doubt the feasibility of such an initiative.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:03   #3860
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the 'thank you' feature. I wish to know that if anything can be done to notify a member when his post is thanked like when quoted. I have to check by going to control panel and clicking on 'find all posts that have been thanked' after I notice an increase in thanks count.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:54   #3861
dot
Senior - BHPian

Not sure whether it has been mentioned here. I have observed a few times that if a member quotes my post, I dont get a PM. Have not found a pattern, it appears random. Or, maybe, I am missing something. Does it happen to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I quite like the 'thank you' feature. I wish to know that if anything can be done to notify a member when his post is thanked like when quoted. I have to check by going to control panel and clicking on 'find all posts that have been thanked' after I notice an increase in thanks count.
True, and to add to it, the posts are sorted by post date by default, not "when thanked" date. So it becomes a major manual task to find which post has been thanked, once the total number becomes large. Is it possible to incorporate a sort option. Thanks.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:58   #3862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Not sure whether it has been mentioned here. I have observed a few times that if a member quotes my post, I dont get a PM. Have not found a pattern, it appears random. Or, maybe, I am missing something. Does it happen to anyone else?

True, and to add to it, the posts are sorted by post date by default, not "when thanked" date. So it becomes a major manual task to find which post has been thanked, once the total number becomes large. Is it possible to incorporate a sort option. Thanks.
Yes, I too have noted that on few occasions I do not receive PMs. It also happens sometimes when my thread or post is moved or deleted.
Old 25th June 2011, 12:27   #3863
BHPian

Think need a different section in technical stuff for technical specifications and feature list.
Old 25th June 2011, 13:37   #3864
Senior - BHPian

I have observed a strange thing, when a member quotes my post, I receive a mail at my e-mail inbox. When I try to open the link the webpage simply keep refreshing and i am unable to read the post at all. The same thing happens when I refresh the BHP page and I get a pop up of the quoted post intimation. Upon trying to open the page, the same thing happens. The page simply keeps refreshing. All I do is wait for some time and then retry opening the page or the link.
Any one faced this kind of issue?
Old 25th June 2011, 22:16   #3865
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a member behaviour request.

I do wish people would stop this "@name" business. It's like putting a hiccough there.

Apparently its [recent] origin is twitter. This is not twitter: we have normal conversation in normal (colloquial) language. The @s are as unpleasant as the u and r and gr8s of SMS/Chat, and I wish the mods would consider them as such.

Nobody needs an @ in front of their name to understand that it is a name, and their name.

ps... hope this doesn't get deleted for using SMS language
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 16:31   #3866
Senior - BHPian

I've hit the 'Thanks' button by mistake, multiple times! How can I undo my action?

Last edited by Klub Class : 26th June 2011 at 16:33.
Old 26th June 2011, 16:38   #3867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Apparently its [recent] origin is twitter.
It comes from java.

Java annotation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I kind of like it. Especially if the person's name happens to be something confusing like musical notes () or like bblost for instance.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 17:15   #3868
Team-BHP Support

At times it happens that updates are made to the threads created by the moderators’ team, due to various reasons. These updates could be text or pictures. For e.g.; If the pricing of the new Fiesta is announced, it will get into one of the section in the review posts by Rehaan. I know this could be difficult, but is there a way to highlight to updates (maybe in italics, or in a different font color), so that there is no need to read through the whole post again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I've hit the 'Thanks' button by mistake, multiple times! How can I undo my action?
I don't think there is a way to undo the action. It used to happen many times when this feature was introduced. But once got used to it, the problem kind of died off
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 16:11   #3869
Senior - BHPian

The following post:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1852373

mentions that K10 Wagon R is not available in Duo ( LPG ) variant. But right now, K10 wagon R is available in petrol only, CNG and LPG variants.

Request to update the post.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:08   #3870
Team-BHP Support

Re: Like Test Drive / Ownership report... can we have service report

aago ; I believe the 'report post' button would help in the cause highlighted above. It would be modified as per request.

Have across forums, where you can take-back your thanks.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed